Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Special Abilities Be Gone!

Default Re: Special Abilities Be Gone!

i am not using a pirated game. i just do not like steam. i have had problems ever since etw

Quote Originally Posted by lurumagno View Post
    Specialabilitiesbegone Updated to version 9:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=224637520

I recommend using mods as Radious,Close combat,or DeI that change also Special abilities...

Enjoy!
    thanks man! you saved the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    By editing "land_units_to_unit_abilites_junctions", I've removed all of the superfluous special abilities from the game like "Quick Reload" and "Use the Whip". Now you don't have to worry that you or the AI has an unfair advantage due to your ability to spam LoL spells.

Special Abilities Be Gone v3

- Removes almost all special abilities from the game (with the exception of Frenzy--which has a fatigue penalty by default, and Generals' abilities, e.g., Rally)
    - No more flaming javelins, and no more flaming arrows for mounted units (seriously CA, WTF)
    - All Roman infantry now have Shield Wall, Offensive Testudo, and Defensive Testudo (previously only Triarii used it)
    - Increases the recharge time of remaining special abilities (e.g., Rally now takes 300 seconds to recharge)

*Is compatible with Radious Battle Mod to a degree--it will override any changes he makes to special abilities. Consult his thread for further details.

P.S.

If you would like to dabble in some Rome II modding yourself and tweak any part of Special Abilities Be Gone™, follow these six easy steps!

1. Download the Pack File Manager
    2. Go into your extracted PFM folder and open the file "schema_R2TW.xml"
    3. Scroll to the bottom of "schema_R2TW.xml", respect the formatting, add this schema, and save:

4. Now, launch the PFM and open the file "SpecialAbilitiesBeGoneV3.pak" (you'll find it in your Rome II /data folder, right?) Most of the file names and their contents should be self explanatory, but essentially, land_units_to_unit_abilities_junctions_tables is for controlling the special abilities of units; missile_weapons_to_projectiles_tables is where flame javelins once resided before I gleefully deleted them from the game; and unit_special_abilities_tables gives you control over a special ability's duration, cool down, etc.
    5. Make your changes, save. If your game crashes/freezes while loading, you probably deleted something you shouldn't have (like that ability Second Wind). Don't fret. Go back to step 4, rinse and repeat until the game is playing to your satisfaction.
    6. Enjoy.
    Thanks so much, great job, +Rep! Can the Roman Infantry also form a square?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567