Thread: Can't upgrade to large city

Campidoctor

Default Can't upgrade to large city

Anybody else noticing this? I have a couple of cities that have a population of 12,000+ but I don't have the option of building the necessary structure to upgrade the city. I'm playing with Candel's mod on top of the 1.7 beta.

Default Re: Can't upgrade to large city

Upgrading cities requires that you have some other buildings already build. I can't remember which ones, maybe an academy. Go to the building screen in those settlements and see which building you need before you can upgrade it.

Campidoctor

Ah, I suppose that might be the reason. I'll check into that once I continue my awesome Roman campaign .

Actually it's the market type buildings. Trader at 2000, Market at 6000, Forum at 12000 and Grand Forum at 24000 are needed to upgrade to a larger city.
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

dharos's Avatar Tiro

and don't forget that you need certain requirements sometimes for said market type buildings...

Campidoctor

Excellent, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dharos
    and don't forget that you need certain requirements sometimes for said market type buildings...
    Never noticed that. Which are they?
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

Maybe a trader is needed to build a market becouse i never finded that a market can need somethink to be builded...