Thread: 4 turns per year

Default 4 turns per year

What an Amazing mod and the skins is the best out of all mods ive come across none can compair,but i was wondering if anybody would be able to aply a 4 turns per year mod and have the same effects of what Marcus Camillus aplied in RTR,where as the advisor would tell you what year and season it is and there would be less movement in the winter and better movement in the summer,also if your armies arent being led by a general they wont be as organised on the march so movement also becomes restricted and you wont be able to travel as far unless you were led by a general,and also have movement reduced when you are trying to cross difficult terrain.
    This mod is perfect it has a large selection of units,and if 4 turns can be applyed id play this until mt2 comes out

Id also suggest to try and incorperate metropolis mod for RTR to TE but that might be pushin it.

Default Re: 4 turns per year

I think Lusted already said there will be no 4tpy script, but im not sure.

This would take lusted much time, and many people want him to finish the current verrsion soon so I dont think this would work. Unless you might try to make a sub-mod for TE.
    The only official spammer.

Hader's Avatar To consort with the heretic is to endanger one's purity. But to lie to an Inquisitor is to forfeit your soul.
    Artifex Gaming Director

Lusted has said before that he does not want to include the 4tpy mod because he thinks it isnt needed. I dont think he wants it at all.

Well maybe Kaweh K could incorporate it into his sub-mod. But only if he likes it. (Congrats on your promotion hader)
    The only official spammer.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

The big big problem with 4tpy is: you get the marian reforms at a much earlier date, and no one is ever going to get near the end date for the campaign as they will have finished it long before that. So no i won't be including a 4tpy script.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

What about movement restrictions in winter and less movement with armys without generals

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Some armies moved better in winter than others, to show that would require a ton of coding, and coding time i do not have. Plus i think its a bit unfair no the ai to penalise it for not putting generals with stacks.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Yes true the barbarians lived in harsh conditions and therefore would be more mobile in winter then romans or civilized factions but civilized had roads,barbarians wouldnt be effected in the winter just like some dessert faction in the dessert.The AI ist penalized it works just as good, i had it on other mods and remember fighting more armies with generals than without, it made me use my generals alot more to move reinforcements to an army on the front which gave them more characteristics, but im not trying to be pushy if it requires alot of modding then i understand,this mod with its skins and the map got me hooked either way.
    Last edited by AncientWarrior; September 14, 2006 at 01:43 PM.