Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Aeimnestus Ancient Naval Warfare & Realistic Combat mod (Current version 1.5)

Senator

Default Re: Aeimnestus Ancient Naval Warfare & Realistic Combat mod (Current version 1.5)

Waiting for when you issue a standalone Naval Mod version.
    Me too. Have some minor quibbles with the naval parts of it but 90% of it sounds like a massive improvement. Not so keen on the changes to slingers and archers and slowing down movement in land battles - already often takes forever to march with units or wait for the enemy to attack a defended position even when put up to "fast forward" speed

Default Re: Aeimnestus Ancient Naval Warfare & Realistic Combat mod (Current version 1.5)

Did more testing:

1) Attacking a lone Etruscan(?) ThoraxSwordHexi (general): pinned it for boarding head-on with my general unit; then rammed its flanks with ArchTriHemi's: took 5 ram hits to sink.

2) Notice that Instant Quinquiremes fleets--err, rather transports--can actually raid seazones... Yeah, right: freighters and fishing boats playing pirate.
    You could 'nix this; or wait for CA to do it.

3) Naval build AI needs nerfing: noticed Macedon built 2 stacks of SlngHemi's. As they have a fishing port (III) structure, it's understandable...alas.
    Historically, after Egypt they were one of the Med's great naval powers in the 280-250bc period...
    A possible solution could be to give some sl. better recruiting options for higher level fishing & trade port structures.
    Another possible solution would be to allow dedicated 'naval' factions like Carth, Athens, Rhodos, Egypt to build one additional port structure in their starting capital cities. Could be tough to code; but it's an idea..

4) Drydock (III) for Epirus can still build SlngHemi's--but loses ability to build ArchTriHemi's.

5) As Epirus my RoyalGdHexi's have 200 men. 40 more than a land unit. And for less upkeep cost than said land unit. HoplitePent's have 90 men.

6) Autocalc combat values vs. Instant Quinquiremes (transports) by SlngHemi/TriArchHemi fleets remains high. In battle mode, they still remain shark bait.

Keep up the good work. Your mod is revolutionary! And the only one so far attempting to correct the mess CA made of ancient naval warfare...

Ironically I love the changes or rather appreciate the changes you have made to land battles more than your naval changes!

When is our next fix due?

Looking forward to 1.6! With the 4beta out, not being able to run this mod is killing my gameplay

Bug: As Rome (v1.3), from Drydock (III), cannot build Hexaremes,Evo.Coh. Get "already recruited maximum"--but haven't recruited any yet.

It's a vanilla bug; v1.4beta--as Rome with same building can't build assault hexaremes--unit appears in recruiting screen, but is greyed out.

hello..

This mod is great, waiting compatibility with new patch.

Hey all, thanks for the feedback!

A small yet unfortunate update on my part: Atm I'm truly swamped in work, which means that for the time being I'm putting work on my mod on hold. (!)However(!) When I have some more free time (probably around December/January, by that time hopefully most of the patches have also been released so I don't have to update my mod after each patch.) I will start work anew on a more realistic, more indepth, and complete naval overhaul. And it will be a stand alone naval version. I'm sorry I can't finish the barbarian navies before then however.

That said, please feel free to keep providing feedback in this topic on which changes worked for you, what you feel needs further tweaking, etc... It will help me with the next version.

Also, since I've been receiving quite a bit of PM's from other modders requesting to use my mod in theirs, I'll reiterate here: Everyone may use my mod or parts of it in their mods! There is no need to ask me for permission, I'm granting it automatically
    Last edited by Aeimnestus; October 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
    Aeimnestus was a Spartan, famous because he killed the Persian General Mardonius at the battle of Plataea.

Ganja1997's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Aeimnestus Ancient Naval Warfare mod

Link iz broken brotha. Can u upload a new one?