Thread: disapointing battle ai

Default disapointing battle ai

started a campaign a wre and in my 1st big battle i had 1600 and 3200 barbarians. i was expecting a tough battle but the 1st thing the ai done was charge me with its general who quickly died, u can guess the rest, 2500 barbarians dead for 600 of my own. what does this mod add apart from new skins and the ability to play all factions?

i assume darths battle ai mod or any other ai work has been done here?

i was looking forward to playin this mod as there arent many for BI but when this happens within 10 mins of playing it does kill the immersion somewhat

i should add thats as just having purchased BI i was expecting a more improved ai but this battle says otherwise

No, that isn't a banana

Default Re: disapointing battle ai

AI can't be changed unfortuantely. The suicidal Generals is courtesy of CA, not the mod-developers...

I conquered all england as RB and never had the ai do that. Lucky, i had to fight i think 4 stacks of picts before i finally cornered all their family in one town and killed them all so their faction was gone and free for me to conquer. -Leon

i wasnt havin a pop at the mod. i just thought this issue was resolved with BI. hasnt darth's mod vastly improved the battle ai in rome total war? is there not anything equivilant for BI?

No, that isn't a banana

Sorry tonedog, I didn't mean to give the impression that you were taking a shot at the mod...Try playing on very hard, it might make a bit of a difference.

id rather not do that as all it does is give massive morale bonuses the the ai. ive actually just got back into rtw as ive been away for 9 months. i am a little surprised there arent more major mod for bi. cant any of darth's ai improvements be integrated into this mod?

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by tonedog
    ...cant any of darth's ai improvements be integrated into this mod?
    it is, imagine if it wasn't
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

so the darth dark 16.0 super formations mod is fully integrated in this mod? i was under the impression that is mod stopped the ai sending his general on a suicide charge?

Sinuhet's Avatar Preparing for death

so the darth dark 16.0 super formations mod is fully integrated in this mod? i was under the impression that is mod stopped the ai sending his general on a suicide charge?
    Ave tonedog!

No, it is not possible to prevent totally the "suicide generals" onla via some AI formations settings. On the other hand, there seems to be some solution right now, and it is really Darth Vader, who has been able to limit further a suicide behaviour of generals - however by settings in EDU.txt file in the end.

Anyway, I wolud like to do also some promotion of my work in the field of battle AI - you can try my AI formations for BI. The general unit will be further leading attacks against lines, but it is to large extent also a desired feature if it is combined with high probability of retreating .... The solution which is implementing the totally passive general waiting somewhere in a corner is also bad and I personally prefer to see in my battles the AI genral is atacking in important moments. That it is a sucide for him sometimes is a real life .... Till the time the new EDU setting will be implemented as a common thing in each mod, try the alternative in AI formations.

In the end I wolud still say that both AI formations mods are only modifications of formations, nothing more. So dont wait better decision making from the side of AI when to atack with what unit and against which unit.

Bye Sinuhet
    My TW games "Battle Formations" projects:
    Sinuhet's ETW Formations v2.0 – for ETW
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v5.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's Battle Mechanics v3.0 – for MTW2
    Sinuhet's AI Battle Formations v7.0 – for RTW 1.5

In Patrocinivm Svb HorseArcher

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

since when I was integrating it Darth didn't release 16.0 super formations yet, I worked from v8.0 itself, there are some factions (Moors for example) that aren't in original BI thus not in dark files, also Sarmatians became Armenians which would have Sassanid formation instead of the default nomad, the mounts database is also very much changed in IBFD w/ cataphracts and steppe ponies, and some other things...
    in case u were wondering what the difference is = DarthMod8 is a full mod including a BI campaign w/ some IBFD5 units, darth dark 16.0 is just formations for integration to other mods.
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; September 14, 2006 at 08:04 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

Once again Darth mod doesnt change that. And second this things happend to me in RTR yes, but now i have played several battles as diffrent faction and this never happend to me. Im playing VH or H it depens, maybe this solves this problem?!

Im thinking it was more of a coincidence rather than a problem. I for one have not had that in BI at all, or the 1.5 patch for RTW. But then again, that might be just me. -Leon