Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arcade graphical effects removal

Default Re: Arcade graphical effects removal v1.3

First of all, I want to apologize for the lack of support I've been giving to this mod in the last few weeks. I've been very busy and I didn't have time to support the mod.

Yesterday I released a new version of the mod on Steam Workshop. This new version removes:

- the wind around units in forced march
    - the confetti when edicts are activated
    - the coins around armies/navies when they are raiding
    - the clouds around navies when they are patrolling the sea
    - the red light around armies suffering attrition (the skull icon was not removed).
    Please let me know if this new version is having impact on the gameplay (ex. now if you want to see if an enemy army is in forced march, you have to move the mouse over it and you have too look to the black icon to the bottom of the army)

Many people asked my to remove the floating hammers but I decided to maintain it for now because it very useful to the player. If you don’t have the hammer, you have to take select every province you own to see if you can upgrade the settlements.

I tested this new version with mod manager created by Mitch. I didn't have any problem with the latest version of the program. Those of you who couldn't run the mod with mod manager, please download the new version of the mod make sure that you have the latest version of mod manager.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie13 View Post
    Could you make a version without highlithening of the chosen units?
    I haven’t discovered yet how to remove it…

Quote Originally Posted by neronxd View Post
    Doesn't work for me, steam workshop or download here not work.
    If you are having problems to run the mod, try to close Steam and then run Steam again. The pack file of this mod is not a “mod pack”. Instead, it is a “movie pack”. Sometimes the official mod manager don’t know how to deal with “movie packs” and issues may happen.
    When you restart Steam the mod will work as long as the file “mod_arcade_graphical_effects_removal.pack” is in the main data folder.
    Last edited by Boicote; October 30, 2013 at 09:35 AM.

Default Re: Arcade graphical effects removal v1.3

Quote Originally Posted by Boicote View Post
    Many people asked my to remove the floating hammers but I decided to maintain it for now because it very useful to the player. If you don’t have the hammer, you have to take select every province you own to see if you can upgrade the settlements.
    Fair enough. But for those of us who still want them removed, could you please explain how we can do it ourselves? Thanks for the very nice mod.

Default Re: Arcade graphical effects removal v1.4

On a second thought...
    The player gets a message every time a city is ready to upgrade. This makes the floating hammers useless. They were removed in the version 1.4 (it's already available to download).

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Hello Sir.

I want to ask, maybe you will know. I would like to remove unit highlighting when you move mouse over them or select them. Units like that gets always highlighted and i really dislike this effect. Maybe you know what to edit to remove this annoying feature? I wasnt able to find proper effect to this yet.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Hello Sir.

I want to ask, maybe you will know. I would like to remove unit highlighting when you move mouse over them or select them. Units like that gets always highlighted and i really dislike this effect. Maybe you know what to edit to remove this annoying feature? I wasnt able to find proper effect to this yet.
    Ah, the highlighted soldiers...
    I tried several approaches to remove this feature but I was unsuccessful. I'm not really sure if it is really possible to remove it.
    Perhaps this has something to do with the UI files, and nothing to do with db or xml files...

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

''removed the wind around units in forced march'' So we can't do ambush now. Because can't see this effect. Am I right?

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    ''removed the wind around units in forced march'' So we can't do ambush now. Because can't see this effect. Am I right?
    No, you can ambush enemy armies just like you do without this mod.
    When you mouse over an enemy army you will see a black icon near to that army. That icon will allow you to see if the enemy army is in forced march or not.
    Yes, it will be a little harder to see the stance of enemy armies since you have to mouse over them...but at least you don't see the ugly graphical effect .
    I tried to make that black icon always visible, but I was unsuccessful .
    Last edited by Boicote; December 04, 2013 at 07:59 AM.

Just wanted to say thank you for doing this. Your efforts have definitely helped make things a lot less jarring and less 'you've found a power-up' for me.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Boicote, have you discovered where the graphical effect for ally targets is? This is a bug in game since release -- whenever you choose a target (you place an eagle standard/marker via diplomacy screen) and your allies respond, the game shows a big arcade yellow arrow flashing and pointing down at it. Worse, anything other than a city as a target (if you target army, navy, etc) that yellow arrow will show up wherever they move to and remain each turn. You end up with a map filled with yellow arrows and I can't take it anymore....

I think the mod doesn't work with patch 9.
    Can anyone else confirm ?

More than 1,500 pictures: visit my Shogun epic battle screenshot thread !

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Need the update! It's not working with imperator...
    I cannot play without this mod, so ugly and no clear without
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Doesn't work with EE

Can you upload a version that works with Rise of the Republic?

Default Re: Arcade graphical effects removal

The mod is already compatible with Rise of the Republic.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thx, gonna try it

I have copied the files to ..\Total War Rome II Rise of the Republic\data\ but I still see the ugly symbols

Sorry, I forgot to update the non-steam version. Try it now. It should work.

Sorry, I forgot to update the non-steam version. Try it now. It should work.
    Пожалуйста обновите ваш мод. под последний патч. заранее спасибо.

Libertus

The download doesn't work atm, can it be reuploaded? thx

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

here http://www.mediafire.com/file/bzsbvf...weaks.zip/file
    there is also cloud removal and others inside if you want

Link has been restored
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast