Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Splenyi' Better Campaign Camera + Battle Camera (Release 2.5) (30/01/2015)

Default Re: Splenyi' Better Campaign Camera (further zooming in all its glory)

Do you know which mod in here is overwriting yours?

Aurielius's Avatar Foederatus

This is splendid, the lack of adequate zoom out made campaign movement management tedious. worked like a charm for me, thanks.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Neon Crayon - I wouldn't have a clue, I thought my mod is the only one on the forums that edits the scripting.lua file I can tell you it's not any of the unit or battle mods, it has to be a campaign mod.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

can something be done about the battle camera a well?

Scavrvs's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    THERE WE GO

OP updated and new version 1.1 uploaded. I found the zoom point JUST before the hardcode limit, and it seems to work fine now It's in mod format now, so go get the mod manager, or learn how to use the user.script. It's just easier as a mod dev to have packs in this format.

Scavrvs, you're in the credits for finding this game-destroying bug
    Thank you Splenyi' for your job!
    I'd like to post another problem occured yesterday. Unfortunately it's hard to find a "trigger element" that had caused it, so I write just for knowledge...
    At the end of a turn, with an overview not at maximum outer level, the view of the campaing freezes; It means that I can continue the campaign, manage all the elements of the game, but I cannot move my campaing-view anymore (both with keys of mouse). The only thing I can do in this situation is to press "ins" key and to center the campaing view on my capital city...
    Very strange problem, occured after the installation of Patch 2 [Beta], so I don't know the cause. Therefore, I've started a new campaign. I will report the error if it will happen again....

Thanks again Scarvrs Hopefully it's just a buggy patch, and not the mod (again).

How can I run this mod with userscript? I created user.script.txt in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts I wrote down:
    mod "spartans revisited_v4.pack";mod "Splenyi_Campaign_Camera.pack";

It's not working. Could you give me a hand?

I usually put an enter space between entries, but you don't have to, just look neater.

Open up the txt file, go "Save As", and save over the original with the exact same name, but save it in "Unicode" format, instead of ANSI

You'r awesome! Thx!

I'd love this mod if it weren't for the fact you have to start a new campaign.
    And you keep talking of a way to edit the save, but you never said how to

(At least when I searched "save" in the thread it didn't come up with anything. Just that you had heard of it being done and that you'd look into how.)
    I don't want to seem ungrateful, it's just that's the only thing stopping me from using this beautiful mod.

To the guy with battlecamera question:
    Why not just use the developers camera?
    in the preferences file in the folder scripts just change "default camera type (1or 0);" to "default_camera_type 2;"
    and you've got "camera total freedom"
    Last edited by twp127; September 17, 2013 at 04:44 AM.

MisterFro9 - I heard of a way to do it, but apparently I was mistaken and it's not possible.

Download and install the mod so it's ready for your next campaig

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

This mod hasn't worked for me. I think it may have been due to using the GEM graphics enhancement mod? The only other mods I have are the Radious TW Mod

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

mod doesnt work with saved game

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

I've tried everything to get this thing to work on a new campaign. I see the changes made, but there taking. Unless the OP uploaded the wrong file, only he might be able to fix this. Very unfortunate. Next time write out what exactly was done so that other can take up the challenge to mod their selves.

The only differences I found between this mod and the original scripting.lua file is the following:

Original scripting.lua File
    Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------ SCRIPT SETUP -----------------------------------
    local core = require "ui/CoreUtils"
    local advice = require "lua_scripts.export_advice"
    local scripting = require "lua_scripts.EpisodicScripting"

-- Stephen
    -- initialisation of lib_export_triggers
    local triggers = require "data.lua_scripts.export_triggers"
    out.ting("scripting.lua loaded");

local camera_pan = 0
    local new_game = false
    local panning = false
    local player_faction = ""
    local intro_advice_shown = false
    local is_exiting_intro = false

EpisodicScripting = scripting
    scripting.SetCampaign("main_rome")

local function OnNewCampaignStarted(context)
        new_game = true
        scripting.game_interface:set_zoom_limit(1.1, 0.8)
        scripting.game_interface:set_map_bounds(0, 700, 900, 0)
    Splenyi' Better Campaign Camera
    Code:
    ------------------------------ SCRIPT SETUP -----------------------------------
    local core = require "ui/CoreUtils"
    local advice = require "lua_scripts.export_advice"
    local scripting = require "lua_scripts.EpisodicScripting"

-- Stephen
    -- initialisation of lib_export_triggers
    local triggers = require "data.lua_scripts.export_triggers"
    out.ting("scripting.lua loaded");

local camera_pan = 0
    local new_game = false
    local panning = false
    local player_faction = ""
    local intro_advice_shown = false
    local is_exiting_intro = false

EpisodicScripting = scripting
    scripting.SetCampaign("main_rome")

local function OnNewCampaignStarted(context)
        new_game = true
        scripting.game_interface:set_zoom_limit(10.0, 0.2)
        scripting.game_interface:set_map_bounds(0, 700, 900, 0)
    If someone else knows anything, please help.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; September 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM.

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

OK I got it working. I forgot how the userscript.lua file works and thought I was smart enough not to use Mod Manager. It's easier just to use the Mod Manager. I always forget to put a period between user and script. Do yourself a favor and just use the Mod Manager. If not, follow these directions. Go to following directory and create a .txt file and name it user.script.txt.

C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts\user.script.txt

Type the following in the file:

Code:
    mod "Splenyi_Campaign_Camera.pack";
    If you're still having issues, delete the following file:

C:\Users\ASUS\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts\preferences.script.txt

I've tried everything to get this thing to work on a new campaign. I see the changes made, but there taking. Unless the OP uploaded the wrong file, only he might be able to fix this. Very unfortunate. Next time write out what exactly was done so that other can take up the challenge to mod their selves.
    This is a mod, not a tutorial. It's not the wrong file.

The only differences I found between this mod and the original scripting.lua file is the following:
    Yes that's the only difference.

OK I got it working. I forgot how the userscript.lua file works and thought I was smart enough not to use Mod Manager. It's easier just to use the Mod Manager. I always forget to put a period between user and script. Do yourself a favor and just use the Mod Manager. If not, follow these directions. Go to following directory and create a .txt file and name it user.script.txt.
    The user script isn't lua... I did recommend the mod manager on the OP, I do with all my mods.

Next time, read the OP of a mod before posting complaints. Thanks.

Default Re: Splenyi' Better Campaign Camera (Release 1.1) (14/09/2013)

test

Default Re:

I cant post, Ahhhh It keeps denying me, I just want help installing this mod!