Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10355051525354555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1362

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 27.03.2014) - Patch 11

help i have the unlocked factions in custom battles only! and it's impossible that i have another mod as this is the only one installed

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    help i have the unlocked factions in custom battles only! and it's impossible that i have another mod as this is the only one installed

New files look like they have been uploaded less than 2 hours ago on the main sourceforge page.....

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Incoming Update soon, today evening/night or tomorrow. I've got 20 new faction descriptions with relevant faction traits incoming.

I've finished cleaning both GFT and AFP. Currently, I have 5 already done, so 15 more to go. However, since now that both AFP and GFT is all cleaned out, I can push through these 15 in one sitting, hopefully.

The 5 already done are: Breuci, Cantabri, Cappadocia, Carnutes, and Celtici. If you want, I could upload them. However, I'd rather upload in one large update.

Also, for Izanagi, when I post my 20 faction update for patch 11, I'll include documentation log for what has been cleaned in GFT and AFP (mostly missing Faction Trait texts when player goes to Faction Summary_ merging the "afp_effect_bundles" with "afp_effect_bundles2" since there is little reason to keep them separate, it works merged, and other such edits everywhere, correcting to Gallaeci spelling, and other such edits)

Lastly, Izanagi, the new Patch 11 Mod Manager says that the mods are outdated... yet they work just fine when clicking "Use Outdated Mods". I don't see what's outdated about them. Still, could you wait on updating anything until my content update to hit this evening/night, so then we can update and remove that "outdated" flag... my suspicions is that it's most likely the ESF outdated, not any of the tables (I've checked, they look fine)
    Cheers, a TG update! Not sure the mod manager is saying that, I frakkin updated the mod yesterday! Speaking of which you are a little too late in voicing your opinion , I've updated AFP and GFT to 4 turns/year yesterday.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

I can confirm the two latest files (without MR) work with latest patch... I was getting crashes from the previous files. Cheers Iza for the latest uploads.....

Also Iza, what is the toon-startpos file used for? Sorry if that is a dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by aliasme View Post
    Also Iza, what is the toon-startpos file used for? Sorry if that is a dumb question
    When is it used I should have asked, I mean I know what the file is.....

Quote Originally Posted by aliasme View Post
    When is it used I should have asked, I mean I know what the file is.....
    It is just for ToonTotalWar. I was helping him out with stuff and I need a place to put it in so he can update his mod.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    It is just for ToonTotalWar. I was helping him out with stuff and I need a place to put it in so he can update his mod.
    You on steam mate! need some help with MR?

madrush's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 30.03.2014) - Patch 11

will samnites be involved for the hannibal expansion or no?

Centenarius

Nice work, looking forward to the updates.

Nice work !

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

======03/31/2013 Patch 11 Content Update #2 ======
    10 Factions more completed with full Faction Descriptions and Custom Faction Traits and Icons
    For more details, see SPOILER below:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marcomanni

Getae

=================
    ARABIAN TRIBES
    =================
    Himyar

Ma’in

Gerrhaea

==================
    AFRICAN TRIBES
    ==================
    Libya

Garamantia

Gaetuli

======================
    IBERIAN TRIBES
    ======================
    Edetani

Gallaeci

Note: Still on Photobucket. Will try Imgur next time.

Kudos to Umbrecht for supplying me with Marcomanni. I tried my best with the rest, but they may be lower quality than what Umbrecht usually provides me with.

NEW PACKS
    Simply download and install with Mod Manager only ONE file PACK file, either the:
    1) FT (Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable.pack”
    -Includes CUSTOMIZED faction traits for those which are done
    -The rest are GENERIC for now. We’ll get to these eventually and SPECIALIZE/CUSTOMIZE them
    SAME Download link as in OP:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...e.zip/download

/////////////////////// OR \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2) GFT (GENERIC Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable_gft.pack”
    -With each new fully customized faction, at least the faction description and updated political party information make it into this variant as well. Otherwise, generic faction traits.
    SAME Download link as in OP:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download
    Note: If you already downloaded Content Update #1’s GFt… then you don’t need to download this GFT update, since it’s the same thing, nothing changed. Update #1 GFT had all 20 faction descriptions included.

For STEAM WORKSHOP: Izanagi, you may post these up. With this update, the following factions were completed: Marcomanni, Getae, Himyar, Ma’in, Gerrhaea, Libya, Gaetuli, Garamantia, Edetani, Gallaeci.
    Thus, these faction groups were completed:
    1) Daco-Thracian Tribes
    2) Iberian Tribes
    3) Arabian Tribes
    4) African Tribes

Log Changes
    Note: More for Izanagi

1) Saba Spice Trade was decreased from 30% down to 15% since it’s from three sources, while Ma’in Spice Manufacture was increased to 30% since it’s only from one source.
    2) Nori and Nasamones were thus updated and function now better. It appears Noricum Steel and Nasamones Skirmishers effects weren’t working before because they were in the “category” table which I couldn’t get working as intended. “unit_id_sets” table seems to work best. Oh well for experimentation
    “effect_bonus_unit_category” and “effect_bonus_unit_class” don’t work, or I couldn’t get these effects to work properly. Therefore, I moved these back to the functioning “effect_bonus_unit_id_sets”.
    3) To accommodate Lybia’s faction trait of Armored War Elephants (+%50 more melee defense but also upfront cost), I added Afr_Elephants and Afr_War_Elephants to rom_libya’s roster, as both a unit and a general unit choice in “units_custom_battle_permissions”. Though you can backtrack this change, I just wanted to make sure that Libya can recruit Elephants in grand campaign. Since effectively Carthage is a Punic-Libyan city-state that just happened to be more successful than the rest of the West Pentapolises.
    4) Gaetuli were missing Political Faction information, though I don’t understand why. All the relevant fields are filled out correctly, as far as I know. I fixed it somehow, though I fail to see how.

Got another 10 done today. Only 14 left!

Anyways, time to finally embark on my HatG campaign as Carthage. Can’t wait to smash as many war elephants against silly Romans as I can. YUM!
    Afterwards, I’ll update my Nomadic Tribes Expansion mod with brand-new models and textures.
    Only after the above two initiatives are done, I’ll come back to finish the last 14, thus wrapping up AFP content updates in the next update [wrapping up Greek, Celtic, and Eastern faction groups, I think], whenever that will happen.

Tha-that’s all folks,
    Peace, TG

one little mod completly diverse the game,thanks so much guys

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 01.04.2014) - Patch 11

Edit: made it
    Last edited by john duca; April 02, 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Me too, help us, all factions only work at custom battles doesnt show in grand campaign.

I have a question. It seems to be that the victory conditions in the pre-game campaign menu (where i choose the faction) are different then the victory conditions in the campaign itselves
    (im talking about provinces to capture), which are the correct victory conditions? Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by Cipyarenro View Post
    I have a question. It seems to be that the victory conditions in the pre-game campaign menu (where i choose the faction) are different then the victory conditions in the campaign itselves
    (im talking about provinces to capture), which are the correct victory conditions? Please help me
    What you saw was not the victory condtions for that faction, but for another faction. In the startpos.esf there is two places to put it: one for the selection screen and the other is the actually game. I only update the actually game part, because it just takes too much time to do both. In the selection screen if the faction doesnt have victory condition it will instead display victory condition of another faction that was selected.

Basically in game display victory condition is the correct one.
    Last edited by izanagi11; April 05, 2014 at 07:12 AM.

What you saw was not the victory condtions for that faction, but for another faction. In the startpos.esf there is two places to put it: one for the selection screen and the other is the actually game. I only update the actually game part, because it just takes too much time to do both. In the selection screen if the faction doesnt have victory condition it will instead display victory condition of another faction that was selected.

Thank you very much!

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Oh I was wondering about that too, actually lol.

Well, if and when CA stops updates for Rome 2, then we probably should cover that, for completeness sake. However, NOT anytime before then. I agree and fully concur with you Izanagi that it's just double the busywork.

I'm waiting for your document on how you handle ESF editing for VCs. Meanwhile, I'll try to finish my document on how I go about adding custom traits to an example faction. As I've stated earlier, having these documents on our AFP SourceForge page would help reproducibility but also, we probably should add these two documents as modding resources tutorials. This way, anybody else willing to learn can take our AFP foundation and mod the custom effects and what not how they like it.

For example, one very simple edit which I'm currently fond of doing is taking a faction and changing its vanilla flag and colors for both armies, banners, etc. It's real simple but very satisfying since it's a smallish edit, but affects gameplay for an entire campaign worth.

Quote Originally Posted by amanoyuuji View Post
    Me too, help us, all factions only work at custom battles doesnt show in grand campaign.

I have the exact same problem, is this working as intended or am I missing something. Cheers!