Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Playable Factions (Total 14 Added this round 10)

@simonsimons - That means either you have an older copy of playable_factions.pack(didnt overwrite) or you didnt copy it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"

@karczx - Yeah, I know. It isnt so bad compare to Masaesyli. They start off with 90% punic and moving towards 100%. Galatia, I think you have spend your money on getting armies out quick and attack the greeks around to stop their influence.

@Maleventum - I've never looked into that, probably some switch somewhere. Been too busy trying to decode files, so I can start adding new units.

@kadoken - I believe you can edit that yourself using PFM beta6. Off the top of my head, it is probably some file called factions.loc in the local_en_rome2.pack.
    Last edited by izanagi11; September 07, 2013 at 06:27 PM.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Can you please add Sardes and Rhodos

I would add all the unplayable factions to the custom battles tab, but I can't access the file I need to. I need to get into the "faction_tables" db, but none of the PFM betas can open it right. The text isn't red, but I get grey instead of entries. Any ideas?

Can you please add Sardes and Rhodos

can you please add Massilia, it's an amazing Nation

A single Illyrian tribe would be great, other then that the rooster is now very versatile

When you have the time could you please add Media Artopatene

A work of staggering beauty!

It would be great if we could get these guys in custom battle.

I would love to second (or third, or fouth) the request for Syracuse, and/or a tutorial for those of us who can follow directions but arn't smart enough to figure out how to do it on our own.

Thanks in advance. You modders are awesome.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Playable Factions (Total 23 Added this round - 9)

9 more factions should be 10, but I goofed somewhere with Rhodos...
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

YAY! Thank you SO much Izanagi11! VERY FAST! Kudos and I repped you, good sir!

I also sent you a message on how exactly, step by step you have done this? I'm currently tinkering and trying to see inside your mod files. I'm thinking to flesh out Scythia more, and add Massagetae and Sarmatia factions. I could help you add more factions as well, if you want.

Again thank you very much! I'll be trying out the mod now and playing some tomorrow.

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

I'm late.. wanted to help you ))

I added
    Syracuse
    artebartes
    budini
    caledones
    cimmeria
    colchis
    kartli
    khorasmii
    ma_in
    massagetae
    roxolani

this without new 9 factions..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Den Stark; September 08, 2013 at 02:04 AM.

Anyone know if civil wars work for the unlocked factions? As in, have you had one happen to you? ;p

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

WOW Den! Way to go!

I'll try your update on Playable Factions mod by izanagi11!

Hey, how did you OPEN/EDIT the "political_parties” and “faction_political_parties_junctions” files? What software did you use to OPEN/EDIT them after you EXTRACTED them with PFM Rome2 V2?

I got them extracted, but can't take a look inside to edit fields.

Thanks in advance,
    Best!

NVMD, I figured it out:
    Guys, use PFM Beta6 or 7 to open pack files and look into them yourself. This way, you can unlock factions yourself! But be sure to follow izanagi11's instructions on FIRST PAGE, this bit here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

MOD STUFF
    IF you want to mod a faction that I didnt add. You need to use PFM Beta6. Update the schema_R2TW.xml with these two tables.

Code:

<table name='faction_political_parties_junctions_tables'> <field name='Faction Key Name' type='string_ascii' /> <field name='Political Party' type='string_ascii' /> </table> <table name='political_parties_tables'> <field name='Political Party' type='string_ascii' /> <field name='Playable' type='boolean' /> <field name='ui_icon' type='string_ascii' /> <field name='Effect_Bundle' type='string_ascii' /> <field name='Initial Strength' type='int' /> </table>

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN, izanagi11. You got me firing up Rome 2 and playing as a NOMADIC STEPPE civ WAY WAY WAY Waaaay earlier than I anticipated! BEST PRESENT EVER!

Still having said that, I'd STILL like CA to come out with a fleshed out, in-depth Steppe Factions DLC which I'd GLADLY pay for. And for many other hidden gems like SYRACUSE and PERGAMON and Iberian factions DLC.

I'm nearing HEAVEN now, lol. I finally got Massagetae, Royal Scythia, and Roxolani unlocked to play. I'll unlock more Steppe factions... gah, so hard to choose which one. However, I already changed their Roman government to Eastern Parthia one which is more fitting I think, at least for Scythian steppe tribes near Caspian. Sarmatian tribes near Black Sea and near Germanic tribes, the Germanic Suebi government would be more fitting than either Roman or Eastern.

Also, by looking at Radious mod, I looked into projectiles. And while Radious was on the RIGHT track DECREASING sling range and INCREASING bow range, he didn't INCREASE Horse Archer range as the same or at least close to archer range. A horse Archer should outrange a slinger, period. So I already made my own made with 150 Horse Archer range. Longrange archers with 160 can still outrange horse archers, but most can't.

To compensate for REDUCED slinger range, I gave slingers an anti-archer bonus damage and just increased their damage. However, I made slinger damage considerably less than peltast/javelinmen/throwing spearmen damage, though their range is at 70-90. Each has a range, lethality, and damage effectiveness niche. Perfect balance.

If anybody wants the two above changes, I can post these personal changes to these FINE mods. Just ask/message me.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 08, 2013 at 03:38 AM.

Does these mods work in multiplayer if both persons have the mod?

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League and Baktria)

i love you
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

You're my new hero tbh

It crashes for me when I click New campaign, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by simonsimons View Post
    It crashes for me when I click New campaign, any ideas?
    Same with me. please somebody help us!!!