Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1025262728293031323334353637383940414243444560 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 4.10.2013)

I believe, Soothsayer. That they're planning a Nomadic Tribes DLC for release with Seleucids. Most likely with exclusive units. Although I don't see the Seleucids getting more men.
    [Already an amazing arsenal.]

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Many thanks about patch 4 beta update!

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
    This is great! Now we don't need to buy those damn DLCs! r..right or is CA planning on featuring exclusive new units with them?
    thats the point, if they're just unlocking the faction and the roster, that we already have........ but if they add new units and buildings that aren't already on disk, than it might be worth. we will see...
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Epirus View Post
    I believe, Soothsayer. That they're planning a Nomadic Tribes DLC for release with Seleucids. Most likely with exclusive units. Although I don't see the Seleucids getting more men.
    [Already an amazing arsenal.]
    Woa, wait there Epirus... where did you get the info on that? I mean I do see some hidden things in the DB tables that indicates a future Nomadic Tribes DLC... but not this soon, along with the Seleucids?! Really? I mean I'm psyched, but at the same time, would like them to spend more time developing that, giving all the time that's needed.

Yeah, torn between wanting Nomadic Tribes DLC now vs. later, but polished and good. Leaning on later, willing to wait, but please make it polished and good... and not just new units, but new models, textures, tech tree, buildings, everything. Pleadjee gimme more to play and mod with. Tee hee.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    Izanagi have you worked at all on fixing recruitment for the broken minor factions (Namely Meroe)? Just asking. I'm not trying to be annoying or to pressure you. I just want to know how things are coming on that specifically. You're mod is excellent and I eagerly anticipate further releases.
    Patience young padawan. Temples are coming, I'll look at the building recruitment after that.

Quote Originally Posted by vegetation1 View Post
    I dropped the all_factions_playable.pack in the D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    And the other file in the
    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome
    Did you enable the mod using the MOD manager? Go back to main post and do step 10.

Quote Originally Posted by crawe1 View Post
    Hi guys. It looks like you've done some really great work here. I want to start an Odrysian campaign, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that there were culture conflicts (Greek/Celtic) and the Thracian faction doesn't work properly as a result. Is this true, and if so, does this mod fix the problem?
    It is fine, they are celtic culture, you just nearly alot of greeks. You should download Agent2P mod Gatea/thrace.

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Woa, wait there Epirus... where did you get the info on that? I mean I do see some hidden things in the DB tables that indicates a future Nomadic Tribes DLC... but not this soon, along with the Seleucids?! Really? I mean I'm psyched, but at the same time, would like them to spend more time developing that, giving all the time that's needed.

Yeah, torn between wanting Nomadic Tribes DLC now vs. later, but polished and good. Leaning on later, willing to wait, but please make it polished and good... and not just new units, but new models, textures, tech tree, buildings, everything. Pleadjee gimme more to play and mod with. Tee hee.
    I fully expect you to make them even better after that DLC gets released, chop chop!
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Yeah, I missed on the Mod manager thing, figured it out later after posting this question. Thanks though!

GasCanGerry's Avatar Libertus
    In the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge...

It says it's conflicting with the new Radious Total War mod (patch 4), at "db\effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables\effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions". Any idea how to fix it?

Ah, I believe I found it here.
    On this site, to be precise.
    I believe it was a thread posted by CraigTW.
    I also looked it up and saw a few videos about it.
    Sorry, I looked it up a while ago whilst trying to find the Seleucid, and I can't remember exactly where.

Quote Originally Posted by GasCanGerry View Post
    It says it's conflicting with the new Radious Total War mod (patch 4), at "db\effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables\effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions". Any idea how to fix it?
    I'm having the same problem.

Is anyone else having a bug with the Brigantes?
    I started playing as them, recruited a spy like I always do. Thing is, the spy, whenever I clicked on him, caused the game to go insane and keep flashing white and black. However, if I clicked off him it disappeared. Anyone else having that?

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

This padawan is so excited oh noez. Also, I think it might be better for Meroe's pikemen to be standard pikemen, but with less armor. Not levy pikemen, just 'pikemen' with leather or lighter armor, maybe the iron age swords that the Egytpian pikemen have too.

How do I use this mod with other mods which modifie the stapos file?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Sorry I posted this particular post in the wrong forum. You can delete this post.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; October 06, 2013 at 04:26 PM.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

====== Update ======
    NOTE: ALL these files are NEW, not overwrites of anything on the OP (original post)

Nothing changed in PATCH4BETA STARTPOS.ESF mod for this update. ONLY the PACK files were changed.

PATCH4BETA PACK mod CHANGES
    Update Log Changes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Izanagi had a great idea of adding generic effects for all factions. This way now for the AFP, AFP_GFT versions now the CAMPAIGN SELECT icons and text will all appear. It’s just to show you that there is no problem with mod, it’s just how the vanilla R2 engine gets confused. With ALL filled, even with generic ones, everything sticks and stays displayed.
    Generic Effects Added to ALL Factions
    -Homefront Defense: 10% Morale when defending
    -Taxation: 5% wealth boost from able administrators
    -Melee Defense: 10% Melee Defence for all infantry units

-Veneti Navy ship icon changed to historic Celtic Swanship icon
    -Seleucid Faction CAMPAIGN SELECT screen updated

-Nomadic Tribes FACTION GROUP has two more effects. I’d rather remove the default ones, but since that DB table is conflicting with Radious Total War Mod for R2, this is the best I could do, unless we begin collaborating. So for now, I fixed the conflict by giving in to Radious changes. Basically Nomadic Tribes get two new customized FACTION GROUP effects. I can’t delete the old ones because Radious is editing that vanilla DB table.

On that one, I’m tired of succumbing to fitting Radious Total Mod. Either we start collaborating but this is just no way to go. I don’t want Radious to accommodate AFP mod all the time. Instead, with the DB tables in conflict, we should work together to release a combined DB table with both of our changes, but contained in one mod and not the other, while the other becomes a required add-on for everything to function well.
    Otherwise, I don’t like being creatively constrained like this. It’s unfair that one mod or the other gets “special privileges” to overwriting vanilla files and the other mods can only add content and not modify content.

Simply download and install with Mod Manager only ONE file PACK file, either the:
    1) FT (Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable.pack”
    -Includes CUSTOMIZED faction traits for those which are done
    -The rest are GENERIC for now. Don’t worry, we’ll get to them eventually and SPECIALIZE/CUSTOMIZE them
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...e.rar/download
    Download Link is NOT THE SAME as the one in the OP because of the switch to WinRAR. Izanagi please post up these new links.

/////////////////////// OR \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

2) GFT (GENERIC Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable_gft.pack”
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.rar/download
    This download is new. I think for future releases, we might get rid of the NFT all-together and just support the AFP base and AFP GFT.

/////////////////////// OR \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

3) NFT (No Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable_nft.pack”
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.rar/download
    Download Link is NOT THE SAME as the one in the OP because of the switch to WinRAR. Izanagi please post up these new links.

Well, tha-that’s all for this weekend, I have a busy week ahead, so I’m out

Yet don’t fret, Izanagi has a large, juicy religious building update cooking up for yall

Peace, TG
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; October 06, 2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Formatting

AAAUGHSBSHRHR CAN'T WAIT TILL MINOR FACTIONS IS FIXZORSED

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 6.10.2013)

game crashes on clicking start campaign, beta patch 4. no mods or anything else installed.

Quote Originally Posted by jupsto View Post
    game crashes on clicking start campaign, beta patch 4. no mods or anything else installed.
    There is possible one or two things you did wrong
    1. Did you copy one of the pack files (example all_playable_factions.pack) to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"
    What most new players forgot you have to enable the mod using MOD Manager http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager

Nikron's Avatar Senator

hey guys whats the difference between startpos1 to 12?

and there's smth wrong with the game balance. In a few turns Epirus was destroyed, then I see the Veneti destroying Rome. WTF? Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    hey guys whats the difference between startpos1 to 12?

and there's smth wrong with the game balance. In a few turns Epirus was destroyed, then I see the Veneti destroying Rome. WTF? Any idea?
    It is the number of turns per year, I personally use 2 turns/year. What CAI mod are you using? I've never seen Epirus survive before, either Rome, Sparta, Athens, or Macedon always get them. Rome was probably focus else where and Veneti sweeped into with one or two stacks.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

May I know what's extra step to unlock Baktria ? Editing the startpos and the 2 political files doesn't seems to work for me (I duplicated Pontus entries for these).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook