Page 26 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 17.9.2013)

Nice mod.Im waiting for update.Good work.

Wow, Holy crap. I hope you guys go back to re-balance some of the traits because right now they're god damned insane. I mean I know you guys have a lot to go through but damn +100% research rate for Syracuse? To be honest I'd almost like to go back to a version where you didn't give these traits because they all seem game breaking. I mean the traits are supposed to give you a slight edge on some things while also giving you something you have to work around. From what I can you guys haven't given any of the new factions any negative traits at all.

I know you guys don't have the time to tweak and balance each and every faction but could you tone it down on the stuff you give or at least release a version where these traits don't exist?

Thanks.

[QUOTE=TuranianGhazi;13263826]LARGE Update, guys!

Could i get a step by step on exactly how to get this mod working?Would be a great help! thx

Quote Originally Posted by DVersion View Post
    Wow, Holy crap. I hope you guys go back to re-balance some of the traits because right now they're god damned insane. I mean I know you guys have a lot to go through but damn +100% research rate for Syracuse? To be honest I'd almost like to go back to a version where you didn't give these traits because they all seem game breaking. I mean the traits are supposed to give you a slight edge on some things while also giving you something you have to work around. From what I can you guys haven't given any of the new factions any negative traits at all.

I know you guys don't have the time to tweak and balance each and every faction but could you tone it down on the stuff you give or at least release a version where these traits don't exist?

Thanks.

This please. But thank you anyway for all your efforts, this is the most important mod for me.
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

LARGE Update, guys!

First of all, the STARTPOS.ESF has been updated to work with Patch 3 Beta!
    Download Link right here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...y.zip/download
    This did not work with me .. !!

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

What is this unseemly mess. Sorry, Double Post.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 22, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: DOUBLE POST sorry

Hi all,

First of all, here’s a PACK file WITHOUT any faction traits (so no traits or ui graphics)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download
    For “balanced”, I may do it, may not. Read on why.

Responding to prompts:

@GasCanGerry: Thanks, but please don’t deify me, it’s against my faith

@KillerGold
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I posted up a No Faction Traits PACK file. This –SHOULD- be compatible with all Radious mods because the effects_bundles and effects DB tables were the ones conflicting. However, if you want all the faction traits and custom ui.. then I’m sorry, this mod does delve into the same files as SOME but not all of Radious mods… I believe the Total mod, but I am using the Battle mod and no problem. What’s infuriating is that he’s changing DIFFERENT entries in the same DB table entirely… so it could be compatible… but that means both of the developers (our team here and Radious) would have to make joint updates to the same db tables… I’m not sure that’s going to work out. Would have to get into contact with Radious about doing that.

@Barbaroiberico
    That’s strange… I haven’t tested multiplayer or online yet. Maybe Izanagi would understand this more.. he’s the one handling all the custom battle things. I just used his previous DB table… err wait, maybe that’s the problem. I’ll use latest DB table and add on his entries… one by one, or wait till he updates it. However, upon my inspection, I haven’t seen any new or changed entries, at least with the units_custom_battle table. I did see new entries and different things in the factions_table, so I had to redo all that.

@Tadzreuli: Yeah, most definitely, anyone who helps out with faction descriptions and such are welcome. Could you send me a message here on TWC and I’ll give you my email there and you can send me that info. Yeah, KARTLI and COLCHIS info is very much warranted, especially after I learned about Ardhan (Caucasian Albania) from Umbrecht’s research. Colchis is a Caucasian Albanian polity as well?

@pasha Izanagi had rebels as playable for campaign at one point, but they didn’t have something, a tech tree or something, so he has them now only for Custom Battle. It’s just with no regions, ESF editing needs to be done to allow slaves on the map somewhere… however, I’d rather not mess with the ESF overly much

@DioD2 Awesome! Such replies and satisfied fellow gamers is what keeps me modding!

@karasis For what update? There won’t be any updates for a while now. I’m actually setting down and playing as a steppe faction and beating the game, if it kills me. I AM HAVING myself one FULL playthrough, RAAWWR! I am an impatient gamer too!

@zapking5, DVersion, KingAzzole
    You guys bring up a good point. For a simple faction unlocker, no faction traits should do. Check the link above. From now on, will add the FACTION TRAITS as an optional download, main will be no faction traits.

I just always knew that faction traits is a creative ground and there will be creative differences. As a mod author, I’m entitled to them. You may choose to NOT download the mod. I don’t have to bend my creative vision for you. However, for community at large, a comprehensive faction unlocker is needed, so hence the switch to NO FACTION TRAITS for MAIN download.

Now, if you’re interested, here’s my defense of giving Syracuse 100% research rate
    At first, I went with a modest 10-15%... then noticing that the research rate doesn’t budge, that it says the same as for ALL other factions, it wasn’t befit of Syracuse and Archimedes. I tried 50% up to 99%... it’s the same effect as having NONE Really what 100% says is 1 less turn…. That’s not really THAT overpowered. And otherwise, ANYTHING less than 100% is the SAME exact as ALL other factions. Hence, the needed “seemingly” drastic 100%

Also, more on why minor factions are beefed up considerably, since most are gone in the first 5 or so turns anyway. While I PLAN on toning down these faction traits as faction rosters, building options, and tech trees get fleshed out (so more buffed), but as it stands now, they are vital for their survival and noticeable impact on gameplay, imho.
    I noticed that faction buffs in the CA-lite 10-15% zone are very negligible and barely noticeably, if at all, in gameplay. Part of the reason I can’t stand vanilla factions… their faction traits seem very bland, uninspired, and misdirected. Once one goes 20-35, THEN they’re noticeable and affect my gameplay decisions as to how that faction should play out historically. Hence, most of the buffs AND nerfs are around this zone.

@ElKabeer and chethal Please follow the OP (original post) instructions to the Tee

Put simply, PLACE the startpos.ESF file you want (from the patch3beta zip file) into:
    Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome
    NOTE: only ONE startpos.ESF of the TPY (turn per year) you want

PLACE the all_factions_playable. PACK into:
    Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    Heck, why am I even explaining this so shoddily, when inoksvere beautifully described it, several posts back, on page 22 of this thread. By the way, THANKS so much inoksvere!

Quote Originally Posted by inoksvere
    1: Make sure startpos.esf is in the appropriate place. (Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome)
    2: Make sure the all_factions_playable.pack [OR all_factions_playable_nft.pack] is in the appropriate place. (Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    Tha-that’s all folks! Peace, ~TG

PS: Added a new link for the NFT version. I forgot to delete the effects DB tables and the effect_bundles.loc and effects.loc Now this NFT version should be compatible with Radious mod since it doesn't even touch those same DB tables as the FT version does.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 22, 2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Formatting and New Link

@TuranianGhazi: Well ill have to do some digging and maybe i can isolate what Radious is doing to keep it all seprate and so on... I just started diving into modding Rome 2 (did it for Rome 1 but no releases, not interested in that basket) so it may take me a bit... but we'll see what happens

thanks again for all your work! think ill wait to update see what i can do... ive got my game pretty balanced right now, dont want to move forward till i have it figured out haha
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

@Killergold

Check my previous post again. I uploaded a new NFT version without any of the extraneous, hidden stuff. Should be compatible now.

Oh, yeah exactly, thanks for helping out! If you could decipher those conflicting DB tables fully and figure out how to make them work together, I'm be MOST grateful! I'm sure Radious would be as well.

As far as I see it, here's the game plan of how I would go about resolving this:
    1) IDENTIFY all entries that Radious changes
    2) IDENTIFY all entries that I changed
    3) Merge them together in one DB table

I dream only of modular design... the ability to add-on to DB tables, instead of overwriting them entirely... oh well, one can dream, right? It's how modding is done in mod-friendly games.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; September 22, 2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Suggestion

Hello everyone,

I'm playing with Persia now, and after some turns (14-15) when changing turn, game crashes when passing through Baktria. I'm using update 2 and the mods Radius Mod and Lines of Battle. Anyone knows what's causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by sHiNai View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm playing with Persia now, and after some turns (14-15) when changing turn, game crashes when passing through Baktria. I'm using update 2 and the mods Radius Mod and Lines of Battle. Anyone knows what's causing this?
    Hmmm, it's a known bug with Persia and perhaps other satrapies of the Seleucids. It was mentioned several pages back on this thread.

One possible resolution might be to get Persia out of satrapy status as an independent faction. Once I figure out where that diplomacy DB table or ESF entry is, I'll try that solution. But no promises. I'm afraid it's a tough bug to stamp out, since I don't know what EXACTLY causes it... just have a hunch it's from satrapy status.

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    Hmmm, it's a known bug with Persia and perhaps other satrapies of the Seleucids. It was mentioned several pages back on this thread.

One possible resolution might be to get Persia out of satrapy status as an independent faction. Once I figure out where that diplomacy DB table or ESF entry is, I'll try that solution. But no promises. I'm afraid it's a tough bug to stamp out, since I don't know what EXACTLY causes it... just have a hunch it's from satrapy status.
    I'm using persia and I have no troubles. I'm on turn thirty something now. I'm keeping a video log. I will post a thread about my campaign log soon.

here is episode 1

i also made a video on how to install this amazing mod for persia:

wow not sure what happened to my links here they are:

here is episode 1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBX2eZn18Gc

how to install all faction mod (persia):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gbaK_7z0Z0

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

So this generally works with the various battle mods people have done to fix the horrid vanilla gameplay (radious, luntik, etc)?
    And what about unit packs. I know there's the Massalian unic pack that's compatible, should others be okay?

Nice work!

@TuranianGhazi: dont know what these mean yet, but this is what im finding

effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions

Line 24
    There are added entries to Radious
    rom_building_gdp_subsistence_faction_capital_hidden (in the effect is the effect_key column) with variable numbers after all either 900 or 700 in value
    then the same code for effect a little later with a decrease, your mod says 800 Radious says 700

Your mod also has 87 more entries at the very end... his mod ends at rom_wonder_stonehenge (in the effect_bundle_key column)

other than the mentioned above there are no changes

There you have it
    Im assuming they are some kind of income gains for each faction?
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

@Killergold

I think I have found the culprit! Izanagi has this mod as MOVIE type, when it really should function better and easier to update later on as a MOD pack, as a mod.

Anyways, I'm in the process of cleaning the mod, removing all the things the mod isn't changing, so then Radious and other mods will agree.

See, just as I suspected, Radious was changing things up in the vanilla effect bundles junctions tables. I don't change anything there, unless it's for a faction group bundle. Nothing about subsistence faction, that's something Radious mod handles.

The 87 entries are all the faction bonuses for factions. Each faction gets 3, so there you go, why the odd number. So 29 more factions have BOTH faction descriptions and faction traits[effect bundles] (3 bonus effects), when previously they had none.

Once I repackage and clean the All Faction Mod, then this mod should be COMPATIBLE with most other mods, Radious etc, EVEN with faction traits on. But still, I'll leave the faction effects off version for those who find the bonuses too strong. Ultimately, after plenty of feedback and community polling, a balanced version as well.

It's just I knew that there was no reason that Radious, others and I were changing the EXACT same entry... same file, but different entries on different keys, so should be compatible in next repackaged update.

Lucien Von Carstein's Avatar Laetus

Is the Slave faction usable in campaign been playing as them in custom battle tis very fun

having an issue where my custom faction game stops working after a certain number of turns. Anyone else having this problem?

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post

It is an issue when Seleucid declares war with someone and ask you to join them, naturally you say yes. From testing I've done you have a 90% chance to crash during baktria or one other faction( the name escapes me) turn. If you get passed first time Seleucid goes to war, usually the second time around turn 14 or 15 will get you. You have to decline the joining with Seleucid after this I had no issues, I've played up to something in the 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by persian_pride View Post
    I'm using persia and I have no troubles. I'm on turn thirty something now. I'm keeping a video log. I will post a thread about my campaign log soon.

here is episode 1

i also made a video on how to install this amazing mod for persia:
    Simple mod, the sweat and tears I've labored.... kidding side, nice vid!
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Majesticc's Avatar Foederatus

Same here, it even happened when i was playing a vanilla faction while playable factions was installed. after about 10 turns, in a battle my game will freeze and the save will be corrupt and whenever i try to reload the save my game crashes