Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Playable Factions (Total 103 Added this round - 80)

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    First in Faction_Tables, there's two slots labeled false for all unplayable factions: mp_available and mp_available_naval. Set whatever factions you want to True.

HOWEVER it gets really tedious really fast. You're not done yet because it you stop now, you'll just get the slot with no units. In order to adjust and edit these, go to "units_custom_battle_permissions". There you will have to add alot of rows and such. The tricky part is the rosters. Some of them are easy because you just need to take the data from an already exsisting faction and just duplicate and change the name. You can do this with the British Tribes, the Celtic Tribes considered Gallic and the German Tribes. You could probably do it with some of the Greeks as well.

Where it gets tough is factions like Getae. There's no faction to take units to copy from. This stumped me for a while, then I discovered the "units_to_groupings_military_permissions" table. This has a list of all the units divided roughly by country or culture. So you need to know what factions are classified as so you give them the right units. i'm still working on it.
    Yeah, I had final got faction_tables decode only to find Pietro already did it. I should have check the PFM first, oh well. I think this is the next direction for this mod is to at least add one faction for each military_group and put out a list showing which military_group the faction belongs to. Others I need to do is add a brief explanation on how to enable 2/4 turns and add the seleucid stuff to the main post.

I dont know when I will have time. I put off a ton a stuff, so I can play rome 2 like a madman, but now everything has catch up to me . I will try to do some updates to the main post tonight and start modding tomorrow I think.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I tried your mod in a coop campaign, definitely liking the mod. I'm wondering if you can look into these and see if you can make some changes. 1) Can the factions be given different bonuses(traits) 2) There aren't any victory conditions, can you add some 3) When we went to the multiplayer faction list there was to many for it to handle. Most of the eastern clans were showing and a few others but less then half total. Could you get it so they display correctly in the list. http://imageshack.us/a/img10/3489/6y4p.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img607/9599/u6k2.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img542/4363/qizi.jpg

I just thought about if u guys probably getting issues with CA cause they obviously want to sell dlcs to unlock factions...Isnt this the case ?

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Fortunately CA are not selling unlock DLCs. They're selling actual new content like faction specific elite units and buildings etc which also happen to unlock that faction properly.They understand that everything's going to be unlocked, so they have to sell content with substance and shiny helmets.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Where is the Seleucid faction!! ??????????

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

It's possible make unit list for unlocked factions? Or add them in custom battle?
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

A 60 dollar game should never have been shipped with ANY incomplete factions. It's still unlock DLC because it is fixing broken factions.

Awesome work dude. So many factions to choose from

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

I get a CTD when trying to start with Persia. Anyone has an idea to solve or can test?

Is Masaeslyi also playable? I would love to see a Numidian Kingdom mod

Waiting for this to be a bit more polished.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I get a CTD when trying to start with Persia. Anyone has an idea to solve or can test?

Hey man, I will take a peek at persia later tonight to see whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Hey man, I will take a peek at persia later tonight to see whats up.

Here is my test runs
    1. build buildings, armies, and accept war with cyprus (turn 2 crash - hangs on gerrheaea)
    2. build buildings, armies, and accept war with egypt (turn 2 crash - hangs on gerrheaea)
    3. build no buildings, build armies, decline war with one of neighbors, stop playing at turn 25
    4. build buildings, armies, and decline war with egypt, stop play at turn 15
    5. build buildings, armies, and accept war with someone (turn 2 crash - hangs on bactria)
    6. build buildings, armres, and accept war with Archosia(turn 2 no crash), accept war with egypt(turn 7 crash - hangs on bactria)

I think it is pretty safe to say you have to decline joining a war with seleucid to prevent a crash. I thinking bactria or gerrheaea was attempting to do some diplomat thing with you and it crashes, obviously this is some type of bug.

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

In Medieval 2 I used a detailed log file..

On the warskape there is something like that?

Yeah, a lot of the factions aren't that playable, I think they should be given more unique bonuses or something, but I don't know. A lot of them can't create religious buildings either, such as the Scythians.

So, with the factions all unlocked and mostly working, is it going to be possible to setup missions and victory conditions? I'm also guessing that civil wars don't actually work on these factions but with the current state of civil wars that may not be a bad thing. However civil wars may still try to fire and may crash the game?

Quote Originally Posted by karczx View Post
    Yeah, a lot of the factions aren't that playable, I think they should be given more unique bonuses or something, but I don't know. A lot of them can't create religious buildings either, such as the Scythians.
    I would say most factions work fine. There are some oddities like factions belonging to one culture group, but their temples belonging to a different one. In general I would guess that if the faction belongs to a culture group that has an officially playable representative it will be fine. There are a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by den5104 View Post
    In Medieval 2 I used a detailed log file..

On the warskape there is something like that?
    I dont know, I tho it was in your preferences.script.txt: vfs_log_level 2 in C:\Users\buffetline\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\scripts
    BUT it doesnt seem to do add any logs, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Osbot View Post
    So, with the factions all unlocked and mostly working, is it going to be possible to setup missions and victory conditions? I'm also guessing that civil wars don't actually work on these factions but with the current state of civil wars that may not be a bad thing. However civil wars may still try to fire and may crash the game?

I remember seeing a table called faction_civil_war_tables, I assuming if you clear out that file it should whack the civil war stuff.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

@karczx
    Yes, I noticed that Scythians and other factions do not have access to their religious buildings. I'm working on getting that sorted.

Later on, I'm planning to give Nomadic factions their own Nomadic Tech Tree and Buildings with descriptions and icons.

@Osbot

I'm working right now on getting faction-specific Effect Bundles for factions (the 3 bonuses, besides the cultural group). Also, found Missions, so poking around there too. And victory conditions.

I'll try to nail all these for Scythia first, extend to Nomadic Tribes second, and then move onto the rest of the factions.

I'll be creating a new thread on Nomadic Tribes mod once I get some things rolling. I'll add my additions to All Factions Playable mod, if izanagi11 wishes it. And I'll gladly help do the same for the rest of the factions. Yet, I believe it'd be best to break up the work. So then, one guy does Germanics, another Gallic, another Hellenistic, another Eastern, and so on.

Tylis should be in the Celtic cultural group rather than Hellenic. I wonder if it's a bug in the game, because they seem to have Celtic buildings.

Armenians and probably the other Caucasian nations don't have their religious buildings either, but I think it's not that inaccurate to give them Zoroastrian buildings though they might be given their own pagan deities' religious buildings.