Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 13.9.2013)

I have the same issue, after downloading the 2nd beta patch the startpos of the mod has gone. i can copy over it the old startpos but im not sure if the changes of the beta then are gone or not? Maybe help me with that one?

I have the same issue with the new beta patch i downloaded it and the startpos mod doesnt work if i copy the old startpos over the new one its working again but question is do the new changes apply to the old versioN???

Would you enable the Samnites in the region of Neapolis?

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Ansar Warrior View Post
    Ok that's weird.I get the new factions in Custom battle but it crashes if I try to start a new campaign??Please advise?
    If it crashes instantly when click on new campaign, you are missing the all_factions_playable.pack.

What do you have in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"?
    Do you have the older playable_factions.pack in the data directory, that fits your test case that you maybe have an older one but not the latest.

Normally if you crash on new campaign, you will not see anything in custom battle. Make sure you have all_factions_playable.pack in data directory.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireTotalwar View Post
    I have the same issue with the new beta patch i downloaded it and the startpos mod doesnt work if i copy the old startpos over the new one its working again but question is do the new changes apply to the old versioN???

Hrm, one idea you can always properties->local files->"verify intergrity of game cache" to see if it would put you back before the beta and then recopy the startpos.esf.

Looks like we got some work after the new patch, so so looking forward to that...

This mod no longer works with the first official patch...either that or Radious's mod is blocking it...darn. The same thing happened with Shogun2 SJ campaign--CA managed to create patch updates to nix the "play all or most factions mod(s)".
    Last edited by Hieronymos; September 13, 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Wonderfull mod, It works for me with the exception that I can't see what the family/faction traits are for any faction (including those playable in vanilla) is that simply how it is right now or is it a bug?

Umbrecht's Avatar Libertus

Currently im browsing trough Tacitus "Germania" for proper, climatic descriptions of Germanic tribes of given era and of course cautiosly searching trough net resources in that topic.
    For now im done with Aestii and going further.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Awesome work, Umbrecht! Keep it up! I'll implement your Aestii faction description and any others you deliver. I'm still working from "S" on up. Yeah... just downloaded the Patch2Beta... Verifying cache, got the CA ESF. Read the patch notes. It changes mostly unit balancing and campaign things, but not anything with factions. So, I really hope once the ESF gets updated, the factions PACK should still work. I'm looking into the missing UI tooltips issue. I think it's a bug, since by looking at mod structure, I don't see WHY it would do that. I mean, I did clean the mod to contain only the new UI additions, I deleted all the unused default UI. I don't think leaving the entire CA ui table in the mod is good practice. However, if the UI file structure functions like a DB table where one HAS to keep all previous entries... even with that assumption, it doesn't make sense, because then ALL ui except the new ones will be gone. It looks to me like the problem is smaller than that... only some effects. It may be not even UI-related, but EFFECT BUNDLE related... it may be that the game is getting confused by me using duplicate effect bundles for more than one faction. I'll try and create standalone effects.. maybe that straightens it out. Gah, it's tough because I'm not sure WHERE the issue is. Once I know WHERE it is, I can go about SOLUTIONS to resolve it. Lastly... I think some people have too grandiose expectations of this mod. Faction-Specific Bonuses, Victory Objectives, and starter Missions we could do. Overhauling EACH faction's ROSTER of UNITS.... That is TOO much work for a faction unlocker mod. I really do think that faction ROSTERS should be handled by submodders who then add their finalized product over time to this UMBRELLA mod. This is what I'm planning to do with Nomadic Tribes factions (three military groups of Scythian, Sarmatian, and Saka). However, I can't be doing that for ALL factions... that is just too much work for any one person or even a team to handle. For a factions unlocker like this mod, we could do some basic UNIT ROSTER things, but not anything like new, custom units, tech trees, or buildings for EACH faction. I just wanted to clarify on the scope of this mod. UNIT ROSTERS, TECH TREES, BUILDINGS... those warrant submods with special and focused care and attention, to be handled by submodders then sending their contributions to the UMBRELLA mod.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

hello modders this mod stopped working after patch 2 beta i have the right startpos and the .pack in the data folder.
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

@PiemasterXL

Yes we are aware of this. Izanagi and I are working right now on fixing the ESF... that is really the only CA intrusion. The pack entries are largely untouched, based upon Patch2Beta notes. Bear in mind that for startpos.ESF faction unlocking, that's over 500 entries to check and reprocess.

Has anyone just copy back startpos.esf over the beta patch(of course make copy or rename it) yet? I've copied the startpos.esf from startpos_1turn.zip and I see all the factions in the selection screen. I tried 3 or 4 different factions to play a few turns. I scan the main tables I didnt see any updates to them. I need to go through faction_tables more.

I didn't get the Seleucids

You can unlock Sparta and Athens please?

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    If it crashes instantly when click on new campaign, you are missing the all_factions_playable.pack. What do you have in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"? Do you have the older playable_factions.pack in the data directory, that fits your test case that you maybe have an older one but not the latest. Normally if you crash on new campaign, you will not see anything in custom battle. Make sure you have all_factions_playable.pack in data directory.
    Hi,I was on vanilla then I downloaded the "Unlock all factions" put it in the Data file, and downloaded the Startpos to the Main rome file just like the instructional said.As I said weird, all factions are playable in Custom battle but New Campaign crashes?Am I doing something wrong or what? Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansar Warrior View Post
    Hi,I was on vanilla then I downloaded the "Unlock all factions" put it in the Data file, and downloaded the Startpos to the Main rome file just like the instructional said.As I said weird, all factions are playable in Custom battle but New Campaign crashes?Am I doing something wrong or what? Help please.
    Ok ignore this I've got it working.Dude you need to sort out your step by step instructional, what happened was I extracted the Startpos but it also unpacked a new Campaign/Main_rome file as well so I had duplicates and that was the issue.Make it clear to copy the startpos not extract that whole file.Anyway ........ working now, thanks mate great job.!

Any advice for those downloading the patches? will it effect this Mod?
    Last edited by Ansar Warrior; September 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM.

Solam's Avatar Libertus

everythings great exapt Partys !! if you can make it normal as the offical playable factions it will be great ..

Quote Originally Posted by karospain View Post
    You can unlock Sparta and Athens please?
    yeah i have the same worry, if there is any way to avoid paid DLC... why pay for nomadic tribes ???

ETA on ESF fix?

any chance we could get a similiar menu structure for Multiplayer campaign faction selection? Similiar to the "custom battle" option, which displays them all nicely in rows? Right now in multiplayer campaign half the factions appear off screen, and through varied random button pressing you can get up to 30 to appear in the list, but selecting any of them instantly resets the list to off screen mode.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: