Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041424358 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 23.9.2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Cavaleiro Cruzado View Post
    I had problem with the Mod, the game simply does not start when I'm using it. My game is at version 1.0.3, just do not know if it is the final version or beta update; Anyway there is already some movement to solve this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuza View Post
    Same story here, changed startpos.esf freeze the game.
    Are you guys sure? I literally just got home from work and saw an update, fired up the game, and was able to start a new campaign with no issues. I have 1.3.0 build7319.459115, a test modded startpos.esf and the lastest all_factions_playable.pack. Now I need to double check if they changed any of the tables, but I can tell for sure the main functions of the mod still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Judah View Post
    Please read this Izanagi. I just wanna make sure you dn't miss it because there have been many other posts after it.
    I know, Prince. I will eventually get to it, I'm going to fix the lack of temples first and then I'll have to figure out the units stuff. I've been sulking for the past few days, I cant load my legendary Iceni campaign with no autosolve. WAH, I was half way done....
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Quote Originally Posted by Cavaleiro Cruzado View Post
    I had problem with the Mod, the game simply does not start when I'm using it. My game is at version 1.0.3, just do not know if it is the final version or beta update; Anyway there is already some movement to solve this problem?
    your game version should be 1.3.0 if it is not it wont work
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Hey izanagi11, really amazing work here, love it!
    Feels weird though, as if Rome Total War II is hiding so much from us, and will probably release these as dlc's.

Can you add the following as well?

1. Senate Loyalists
    2. Greek City States

I'd love to play as the Senate Loyalists xP
    Rome's counterpart, love the blue and love the concept of it.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Unfortunately my game freezes when I try to go to "New campaign" screen to choose a faction. This mod worked perfectly with patch 2, but I haven't been able to get it work since patch 3. The size of the Startpos.esf seems to be bigger in Vanilla, so I wonder if they have made significant changes in that file... Thanks for the mod though, I've had some really good times playing it and learning about some of the mote obscure factions!

Foederatus

Hey Great Mod! I am really having fun with it. Would like to see more faction traits especially Massalia and Media.

Also, the only problem I am having is with Parthia I seem to get no increase in Imperium ( Fame ). Therefore I can not make any additional army. I am stuck on 3 armies. Even If I get more promotions for my Characters and take more cities (which I can't hold with out more armys) the Imperium or Fame never increases. I am in a campaign as Media now and looks like same thing is happening.

Anyone know why this is happening? Is it something I am doing wrong. I have read on Forum that army size or number of armies is limited with Sparta so is this normal for some Factions? Is there a way around it?

This isn't a complaint, just a question: Would you be able to add objectives and dilemmas for the minor factions?

Quote Originally Posted by XallZall View Post
    Hey izanagi11, really amazing work here, love it!
    Feels weird though, as if Rome Total War II is hiding so much from us, and will probably release these as dlc's.

Can you add the following as well?

1. Senate Loyalists
    2. Greek City States

I'd love to play as the Senate Loyalists xP

Rome's counterpart, love the blue and love the concept of it.
    I second senate loyalists! White is ok also for roman legions!

I made myself one faction for the first version of your mod. But indeed it would be cool to have them ingame! I am sure it would interest a lot of people. When I say "white", it's because historians think that roman uniform were white or red but probably not blue (if I am wrong tell me, someone...). I tried to change the colour of this faction from blue to white, but I don't know exactly what to change.
    Last edited by panzerschreck; October 03, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Unfortunately my game freezes when I try to go to "New campaign" screen to choose a faction. This mod worked perfectly with patch 2, but I haven't been able to get it work since patch 3. The size of the Startpos.esf seems to be bigger in Vanilla, so I wonder if they have made significant changes in that file... Thanks for the mod though, I've had some really good times playing it and learning about some of the mote obscure factions!

I had the freezing problems too, but than i downloaded a file from the movie packs, not from the mod packs and after this everything works fine again. With a file from the mod pack i couldnt play custom battles, because it freezed in the selection screen and in the solo campaign my game freezed after turn 4 or 5 every time with every faction. (sry for my bad english)

Cavaleiro Cruzado's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by izanagi11 View Post
    Are you guys sure? I literally just got home from work and saw an update, fired up the game, and was able to start a new campaign with no issues. I have 1.3.0 build7319.459115, a test modded startpos.esf and the lastest all_factions_playable.pack. Now I need to double check if they changed any of the tables, but I can tell for sure the main functions of the mod still works.

I know, Prince. I will eventually get to it, I'm going to fix the lack of temples first and then I'll have to figure out the units stuff. I've been sulking for the past few days, I cant load my legendary Iceni campaign with no autosolve. WAH, I was half way done....
    I managed to solve the problem, reinstall the game and replacing the files in the format Movie, which are compatible with the patch 3

I take this opportunity to congratulate you for the excellent work with the Mod without doubt the CA should be angry with you. Thanks to your mod will save enough with the cultural pro game packs

Last edited by Cavaleiro Cruzado; October 03, 2013 at 09:19 AM.

- Grand Strategy Brazil -
    The largest community of Lusophone Games Grand Strategy

Nikron's Avatar Senator

how can we install it if we're playing on steam?

Default Other Languages

Hey there, my problem is that the mod includes no text if you have the game in another language. Already tried changing the language.txt from DE to EN but nothing happened. Would be pretty cool if you explained how to change it, for the other non-english guys too (I've seen a russian guy in this thread having the same problem)
    Maybe I could translate it later to german but i'm currently translating another mod so I don't have the time. But just find the line to fix the language problem should not take that long right? Thx u r da best

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Update
    Startpos.ESF to FULL VERSION 3.
    Download Link:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...y.zip/download
    Note: Izanagi, could you post this up and remove the patch3beta link.

Truth be told, I doubt that patch3beta is any different from full version 3. Yet, having said that, it’s just good practice to use CA’s startpos.ESF and redo all the changes like I did. As a modder, it’s like finding a needle in the haystack for any changes, if any, that CA puts with each startpos or any other updated file.

Also, I’ve updated some overwrite DB tables with CA values and re-added back in the AFP mod values. Hopefully, now your game should be much more stable now, with both new freshly modded startpos AND pack.

Here are the PACK additions with this update:
    6 more factions added with faction descriptions and traits
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bastarnae
    Biephi
    Bythinia
    Boii
    Cherusci
    Lusitani

While I failed to match Umbrecht’s contribution at present, I plan on adding at least four more factions over this weekend, for ya guys (Blemmyes, Helvetti, Saba, Rugii, I think)

Simply redownload and install with Mod Manager only ONE file PACK file, either the:
    1) FT (Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable.pack”
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...e.zip/download
    Download Link is the SAME as the one in an earlier post and OP. Thanks Izanagi!

/////////////////////// OR \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

1) NFT (No Faction Traits) “all_factions_playable_nft.pack”
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download
    Download Link is the SAME as the one in an earlier post and OP. Thanks Izanagi!

BOTH of the above PACK files are MOD-type files.
    MOVIE-type PACK files will not be supported. Izanagi should remove the links for them, or place them in Old or Previous spoiler area.

I’ll try to respond to individual user queries in next posts.
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; October 03, 2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: ONLY MOD type PACKfiles will be updated from now on

Okay so freshly re-installing Rome II now, just to make things clear. It doesn't matter which pos right? 1,2 ,3 4, 6, 12 are in the Patch 3 startpos folder. Before the patch went live I used startpos 3 myself. Also second picture. I downloaded the 'movie pack with new fraction traits' but the file inside looks exactly like the Mod Pack with new faction traits. Is it suppose to be like this or are both of the downloads the same?

Going to update after I try to re-install the mod again.

@sablebrave

BOTH of the above PACK files are MOD-type files.

MOVIE-type PACK files will not be supported. Izanagi should remove the links for them, or place them in Old or Previous spoiler area.

Again, ONLY the MOD-type files were updated. IN earlier posts, we specified why we're moving ahead with only the MOD-type format, instead of the more unstable, unwieldy, and difficult to upgrade MOVIE-type format.

Quote Originally Posted by TuranianGhazi View Post
    @sablebraveBOTH of the above PACK files are MOD-type files.MOVIE-type PACK files will not be supported. Izanagi should remove the links for them, or place them in Old or Previous spoiler area.Again, ONLY the MOD-type files were updated. IN earlier posts, we specified why we're moving ahead with only the MOD-type format, instead of the more unstable, unwieldy, and difficult to upgrade MOVIE-type format.
    Alright thanks, but how about the startpos does it matter which one I take? Mod manager doesn't even show the mod on the list anymore and when it did the mod had 18 conflicts.

About the startpos, no it doesn't matter. User preference for the NUMBER of turns per year. Just remember that only overwrite a SINGLE startpos.ESF modded file over the vanilla one. Also, backup your vanilla one in a folder somewhere you can remember and get to easily. For myself, I have the Original startpos in Original folder inside my working mod folder structure.

Hmmm odd... Mod Manager shows the mod on the list, just refresh it, or save it under a new Mod Manager Profile. That's how I keep things organized, since I'm testing this and that mod.

Just to let you know maybe you can figure out what might be the problem.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...ng-bugged-hard

Good job on your effort

So, someone in the thread liburn linked said he beat the campaign as Baktria. Is it possible to actually win the campaign as an unlocked faction? Is there just a default victory condition or something, like 140 regions and x number of units and you win?

Curious because I've been under the impression we can sandbox with these factions but not actually win while playing them because there are no defined faction victory conditions! I neeeeeeeds to know!

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League and Baktria)

to meit does not work... you knowwhy?afterthe game,I followall the directives, Icrash!ilperchèyou know?

Default Re: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 4.10.2013)

Can you improve the colors for the Kartli faction, they look like rebels

and, if you can, also, to change the names of the persons (Generals, Agents etc.) for all Caucasian factions (Kartli, Colchis, Ardhan) because they are from Assyrian and Elamite period not from the 3rd century BC to 1st century AD Caucasus.

here are the list of the historic names used during the Antique period in Caucasus:

Names for the M a l e persons:

Adarnase
    Aderk
    Ayet
    Artag
    Armaz
    Artavaz
    Alexandre
    Archil
    Arshak
    Arshusha
    Azon
    Arik
    Akousilokh
    Akou
    Aka
    Amazaer
    Aram
    Agripa
    Anak
    Anchiale
    Arsuk
    Azork
    Amiran
    Aspagur

Bartom
    Bakur
    Bachana
    Bagrat
    Bratman
    Bagadat
    Bivrat (or Byurat/Biurat)
    Bakar (or Baqar)
    Berdia
    Badri
    Baadur
    Bersuma

Derok
    Dades
    Davar
    Demur
    Dilarget
    Devi

Eugenios
    Egnate
    Estate
    Euagre
    Edisher
    Eudemon
    Elioz
    Ephtime
    Eratto
    Ervand
    Egros

Faraborot
    Farhrad
    Firuz
    Farsadan

Gubaz
    Gotarz
    Goujasp
    Guaram
    Gurgen
    Garsevan

Heros
    Hormizd
    Haran
    Hazavarduht
    Hormizd-Ardashir
    Herato

Itrushan
    Iason
    Itvikhan
    Ilarion

Jojik
    Javakh
    Jomber
    Juansher

Kartlos
    Kakhaber
    Kuji
    Khosrov
    Khsepanrug
    Karzam
    kobul
    Kaos

Lomi
    Levi
    Lomgela
    Lomshera
    Lukhumi
    Lomita
    Loma

Mihrdat
    Mihran
    Mithridates
    Mirian
    Mirvan
    Mushel
    Mobidan
    Movakan
    Miri
    Malasa
    Melabe
    Merabi
    Makhare

Nerseh
    Nadira
    Nersessan
    Nebrot

Onana
    Osia
    Osikma
    Ordokh
    Onise
    Ochopintre

Pharsman
    Pharnavaz
    Pharnake
    Pharsadan
    Pharnajom
    Papak
    Phaza
    Peran

Radamist
    Resmaga
    Revi

Saurmag
    Spadaga
    Samnagir
    Sauromaces
    Saumak
    Saulak
    Sharagas

Tarasi
    Tariel
    Tetia
    Tato
    Tubal

Ustam
    Usha
    Ultra

Vakhtang
    Varaz
    Varaz-Bakar
    Varaz-Bakur
    Varaz-Vard
    Varaz-Haran
    Vardan
    Valenti
    Varsken

Xepharnug
    Xerxes

Yervand

Zevakh
    Zaza
    Zaur
    Zamanarseh

Names for the f e m a l e persons:

Abeshura
    Aya
    Asmat
    Artashama
    Ariadne
    Amazaspukh
    Atinati

Babale
    Babilina
    Baia
    Borena
    Brola
    Balendukht
    Bakurdukht

Dali
    Davar
    Dedika
    Dadisa
    Denola
    Diana
    Dina
    Dinara
    Dielo
    Dodo
    Domna
    Dudana
    Drakontisi
    Danina
    Dedisimedi

Erato
    Elene

Gaiane
    Gvanca
    Gogola
    Gulnazi
    Gulnara
    Gulsunda
    Gulisvardi
    Gurandukht

Iamze
    Ia
    Inana

Kaltamze
    Kata
    Kamara
    Khvaramze
    Kravai

Lali
    Lale
    Lamara
    Latavra
    Lela
    Lile

Medea
    Melabe
    Melita
    Mirandukht
    Mtvarisa
    Mtvare
    Mzeqala
    Mzia
    Mzevinar
    Mzisa

Nazi
    Nazibrola
    Nania
    Natela
    Natia
    Nani
    Nana
    Nestan
    Nino
    Ninia
    Nia
    Niako

Ophelia
    Osdukht

Perozhavr
    Perandukht

Qalamze
    Qalkiope

Rodam
    Rusudan
    Radana

Salome
    Sanata
    Sagdukht
    Seraphita
    Sephelia
    Sidonia
    Suliko
    Shushana
    Shushanik

Tsisnami
    Tsisa
    Tsoqali
    Tinatini
    Tsisia
    Tsia
    Tsatsa

Ulumpia

Varazdukht
    Vardo
    Vardisa
    Venera

Zinaida
    Zina
    Zizilo
    Zizi
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !