Page 1 of 69 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Playable Factions and Custom Battle (Updated 20.11.2014) - Patch 16 DLC

Hi there, I really made this mod for myself, so I can kick some Roma butt! Though I share it with ya guys.

Update

Hi there, I have removed the 4 DLC/LC factions from the mod. I've finally added the victory condition to the campaign selector screen. I've also changed the faction table from a full table use to a partial table now.

MODS that use All Factions Playable

ToonTotalWar
    Divide et Impera(DEI)
    Dresden's Hegemonia Hardcore Overhaul Mod
    Hegemonia:Large Empires Mod
    Qart-Hadast:Carthage Fully Expanded
    Magnar Mod

Playable Factions
    ALL

Custom Battle Playable Factions
    ALL

Custom Faction Description and Traits
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Aedui
    Aestii
    Anartes
    Arevaci
    Armenia
    Bactria
    Boii
    Catiaroi
    Etruscan League
    Frisii
    Rhodos
    Sagartia
    Sardes
    Scythia
    Sequani
    Siraces
    Thyssagetae
    Trapezos
    Treverii
    Triballi
    Turdetani
    Tylis
    Veneti
    Vivisci
    Volcae
    Axum
    Ardiaei
    Atrebartes
    Meroe
    Aorsoi
    Arachosia
    Ardhan
    Aria
    Bastarnae
    Syracuse
    Budini
    Roxolani
    Massagetae
    Dahae
    Khorasmii
    Bastarnae
    Biephi
    Bythinia
    Boii
    Cherusci
    Lusitani
    Blemmyes
    Helvetii
    Rugii
    Saba
    Massilia
    Knossos
    Galatia
    Nabatea
    Raeti
    Qidri
    Pictones
    Pergamon
    Parthava
    Odrysian Kingdom
    Nori
    Nasamones
    Namnetes
    Nervii
    Brigantes
    Caledones
    Demetae
    Dumnonii
    Ebdani
    Breuci
    Cappadocia
    Cantabri
    Carnutes
    Celtici
    Cessetani
    Media
    Media Atropatene
    Masaesyli
    Mascat
    Marcomanni
    Getae
    Himyar
    Ma’in
    Gerrhaea
    Libya
    Garamantia
    Gaetuli
    Edetani
    Gallaeci

NEW
    -----
    -----
    Daorsi
    Dalmatae
    Cimmeria
    Cyrenaica
    Cyprus
    Kartli
    Drangiana
    Colchis
    Liguria
    Gutones
    Cimbri

Old Updates

2013/9/8 Update 1.I've added Baktria to the mod, since someone ask me and besides i really like Baktria's troops selection. I'll probably add more later, but I want to play first
    2.I've added Boii this time around and updated install notes. Please, please remember to delete the old etruria.pack. Boii is under the Gallic and Baktria is under the Successor Kingdoms.
    I've tried to add Persia, but for the life of me I cant get it to show up on the selection screen. I've triple check everything, but no workie, I'll hack away at this later. Last update from me today, hopefully a fully working PFM tomorrow will make my life easier.
    3.Its me again, I lied. I added Odryssia to make sure I didn't hit some limit in the selection screen. That Persia failure stings... I've swapped out the jpg to show what the selection screen looks like. THIS really is the last update for today! I'm looking to add one from spain and another eastern faction tomorrow, if no issues I'll add one more barbarian one.
    4.I've added 10 factions to the mod. I've added Persia this time around, I must have forgot to turn one of the political parties on, dumbass me! I'm now using PFM Beta6 with my updated 2 tables which I sent the info to Daniu. I think I hit all areas in need of a new faction. I personally like to give a medal to den5104 for being a good trooper and trying it out. I've added Scythia for him. Hopefully I will hit all the requests eventually, but this should be good enough to keep the masses abay.
    5.It is late and I have added 9 factions. I've added Rhodos, but it isnt showing up. I will figure this out eventually. I probably will not have another update in the next few days, football and work will rule my life, I'll be around to answer questions.
    6.This morning I found den5104 added the remaining factions to the game. We still have the same issue with Rhodos not showing up on the selection screen. I've updated the main post with a zip with all factions. I guess now is just figure out if we missed anything. If you do find a missing one please post the name of the faction you cant find from the selection screen. Big thanx to den5104 for the great help he has been!
    7.I finally got off my lazy ass and did what I said I would do. I've added all the factions to custom battle. Also Seleucid was missing from the main map, I didnt want to add since Mitch had one out there, but time has spend now. I've split the downloads to startpos_1turn.zip and playable_factionsv6.zip. I will also add 2 and 4 turns startpos.esf in the next few days. A few people have done great things which I will eventually merge all into one pack for you all.
    8.Just bug fixes this time around for playable_factions.pack

a. Persia flag in factions_table was set to False - True now
    b. Turn off slave ( I can add it back in if someone wants it)
    c. Etruscan has a roster now, I goofed in my little csv creation script

9.Hi there, no update to the main post for a few days. We've added pics to the selection screen for the Tribe type and for each of the individual faction. Also there is faction traits for Scythia and Armenia. I've added slave back into the custom battles. I've also changed the download links. I left the startpos_1turn.zip as an attachment, but notice you may have to refresh your screen and make sure you are login to download. BIG NOTE: I've changed the install instruction to use suit the new versions.
    10.Hey there, TuranianGhazi update the Patch 2 beta startpos.esf. Umbrecht and him also made a bunch of updates to faction descriptions and faction traits with a few new custom effects to boot. Rep these boys when you can! I think I just received the trait lazy general

Patch 2 is live, since I already had beta2 and have the correct version, I didnt see anything get updated. Please use "StartposPatch 2 Beta 1-16 turns" for the startpos.esf file.
    11.So i went on a mini vacation and read so many Dr. Seuss books over and over, I can recite them now. TuranianGhazi, the good fellow he is, decided to update the mod to beta 3. There is two links for all_factions_playable.pack, one with the faction traits and one without. The new startpos.esf link, of course is also listed below. Rep the man for all the trouble he went through for you guys, while I read like a billion childrens books for the kiddies.
    12.1.Ok, we have added pack type MOD version. For now, I will keep the old way listed which is just pack type MOVIE till the next major update from CA. Going forward, we will only use the pack type MOD. I've also updated the installation for each pack type: mod or movie.
    12.2.Quick update after working out some issues with movies/mod pack, the afp_addon.pack is no longer needed. You only need to download the all_playable_factions.zip or all_playable_factions_nft.zip. Nothing has changed for the startpos.esf, if you are already using the patch3beta version.
    13.Greetings and salutations! Startpos.esf updated to patch 3. Currently files will work on level 1.3.0 Build 7319.439115. Of course, 6 factions updated with traits and descriptions. Moved the pack type movie info and links into the graveyard.
    14.I come home from dinner and I see all hell breaks loose with this patch 4. TuranianGhazi put out a version for patch 4 Beta, so rep the good man! Also 4 more faction traits added too.
    15.I've added three new links for Patch 4 Beta and note they are rar files, I guess in a way we are doing a beta ourselves . Basically this version we have added a generic faction trait to all factions that didnt have them, so that the rome 2 engine doesnt get confused and stop display any of the faction trait info. There is work around for nomadic tribes to work with Radious Total Mod. In the future we will get rid of the non faction trait version and also go only with zip files.

On another note, I've added two sections to the main post: FAQ and Other MODs to use. FAQ is self explanatory. "Other MODS" section is a mix of skin, units, and other improvement that fellow TWC members made for different factions. Each one adds more favor and general feel to the game. Pick which ones you like.

(faction traits) - all_factions_playable.pack
    (Generic faction trait) - all_factions_playable_gft.pack
    (No faction traits) - all_factions_playable_nft.pack

Generic Effects Added to ALL Factions
    -Homefront Defense: 10% Morale when defending
    -Taxation: 5% wealth boost from able administrators
    -Melee Defense: 10% Melee Defence for all infantry units
    16.Apparently there is another update to the beta again, so here we go again... No more rar files, we are back to the zip files only. Massilia has a faction trait now. Again there is three pack files(Factions traits, generic Faction traits, and no traits) to choose one from. When Beta flips to a live patch, we are going to stop updating the no Faction traits (all_factions_playable_nft.pack) and only go on with two.

Again I like to remind people, I've added two sections to the main post: FAQ and Other MODs to use. FAQ is self explanatory. "Other MODS" section is a mix of skin, units, and other improvement that fellow TWC members made for different factions. Each one adds more favor and general feel to the game. Pick which ones you like.

(faction traits) - all_factions_playable.pack
    (Generic faction trait) - all_factions_playable_gft.pack
    (No faction traits) - all_factions_playable_nft.pack

Generic Effects Added to ALL Factions
    -Homefront Defense: 10% Morale when defending
    -Taxation: 5% wealth boost from able administrators
    -Melee Defense: 10% Melee Defence for all infantry units
    17.Another update by CA - Patch 4.... TG updated the startpos.esf, mod to FULL Patch 4, Punic Colonies Fixed as a faction group, and some recruitment effect fixes. Knossos, Galatia, Nabatea has been added to the list of faction traits and descirptions. TG also moved a few faction to different groups here is the list. The updated links to startpos.esf zip file, all_factions_playable.zip, and all_factions_playable_gft.zip are down below. We have got rid of the all_playable_factions_nft.zip.
    Anartes from Germanic to Celtic
    Arevaci from Gallic to Celtiberian
    Budini from Germanic to Nomadic
    Cimmeria from Eastern to Greek
    Khorasmii from Eastern to Nomadic
    Nabatea from African to Arabian

And my final reminder, I've added two sections to the main post: FAQ and Other MODs to use. FAQ is self explanatory. "Other MODS" section is a mix of skin, units, and other improvement that fellow TWC members made for different factions. Each one adds more favor and general feel to the game. Pick which ones you like.
    2013/10/13 Update 18.Sorta a quick update, but a big one. On Silven suggestion, we have added the startpos.esf to the pack file for compatibility with his mod and others using startpos.esf. The stats for the generic factions traits has been reselected for voices of discontent from the forum. I've also updated the install notes to match the new changes.

On a sad note, I lose my second straight no autoresolve legendary game I was almost half to military victory again. The game just sits on the senate turn just after the start of the civil war. I gave it 25mins before I just killed the game. I'm probably going to wait till Nov to play another, hopefully CA would stop putting out weekly patch...

Generic Factions Traits as follow
    -Taxation: 2% wealth boost from able administrators
    -Homefront Defense: 5% Morale when defending
    -Melee Defense: 5% Melee Defence for all infantry units
    2013/10/19 Update 19.Well, I've updated the mod for Patch 5. Same as before two different zip files for all_playable_factions.pack or all_factions_playable_gft.pack and folders for turns 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 12. It took us all last night to fix the mod to not conflict with the new DLC coming next week. What is new, I've added victory conditions to all factions(military, economic, and cultural) it literally took me 4 hrs to update the startpos.esf. NOTE in the selection screen only Odryssia or Etruscan actually display the victory conditions(it will take me another 4 hrs to update the selection screen). Basically I got a generic VC and cloned it to all the factions.

Of course now, instead of using Mitch's MOD Manager, in the Rome TW2 launcher you click on MOD Manager and click on the check box next to the pack file to load the mod.

For steam workship, I will only have upload two files: one turn/year version of all_playable_factions.pack and all_factions_playable_gft.pack. The links to them in the download section.

Finally, I would like the thank Osbot for telling me how to get victory condition. I like to thank Blackie42 for starting the conversion and figuring the work.
    2013/23/10 Update 20.Since I'm still trying to wake up, I be lazy and cut and paste what TG updated this time. I've also update the steam workshop too. I need breakfast badly now...

-Lots of small bugs, glitches and typos fixed
    -Removed mod Campaign Select images for Roxolani, Massagetae, and Royal Scythia since CA has their own professionally done ones
    -Added Steppe Archers, Steppe Spearmen, Steppe Tribesmen, and Steppe Young Axes to Roxolani, Massagetae, and Royal Scythia in Custom Battle. They were missing before for some reason.
    -10 new Faction Traits : Raeti, Qidri, Pictones, Pergamon, Parthava, Odrysian Kingdom, Nori, Nasamones, Namnetes, Nervii
    2013/10/24- Update 21.Hi there, I've update the mod to fix an issue dealing army/navy tradition. Basically factions that do not have a specific army tradition they default to army_legacy/navy_legacy. Unfortunately in the latest patch, it been bugged such that they receive army_skills/navy_skills instead of army_legacy/navy_legacy. Currently there is 17 factions that have this issue: Sagartia, persia, parthava, nova_carthago, media_atropatene, media, libya, kartli, drangiana, colchis, cappadocia, bithynia, armenia, aria, ardhan, arachosia, and etruscan. What I did was create three new army/naval tradition to get around the bug. They are just basic copies of the default and attached all the faction above to them by their subculture(sc_rom_eastern, sc_rom_carthaginian).

SO unless you play one of the factions above or going to play one of them, I suggestion waiting for TG next update which should be over the weekend or early next week.

2013/11/16 Update 22. I've updated the mod to patch 7 beta. I've added the civil war and prologue factions to the custom battle. I've excluded the two prologue rome factions, because who the heck needs three of the same rome factions!!! The startpos.esf had to be updated for campaign faction availablibility, victory conditions, and to fix the army/navy traditions for the 17 factions. I had to get rid of baktria stuff, since it is going DLC in patch 7.
    2013/11/18 Update 23.TG has updated five Britannic minor factions(Brigantes, Caledones, Demetae, Dumnonii, Ebdani) for the mod. He has also remove six civil war factions(rom_arverni_civil_war, rom_iceni_civil_war, rom_parthia_civil_war, rom_pontus_civil_war, rom_ptolemaics_civil_war, rom_suebi_civil_war) from custom battle to fix UI issue of factions that display off screen. Glad to see TG back! Again, a reminder I will NOT update steam until Patch 7 goes live! Another reminder that Baktria is going DLC. Thus Baktria is gone from the campaign list, but it is available in custom battle through its evil self(civil war faction). I dont know if it will be free or not, all we can do is hope...

2013/11/21 Update 24. Minor Update - Uploaded the steam files for everyone and changed the default to 2 turns/year. Nothing changed for us from patch 7 beta to patch7 live. For now use patch 7 beta links if you havent already done so. We'll have another update soon with more faction traits.
    2013/12/06 Update 25. Hi there, I've created two new zip files for compatability with Meaningful Resource Mod, since I personally cant play with it. The filenames are basically the same with the extension of "_mr", the only really difference between _mr and the normal files is the startpos.esf was updated with all the new resource buildings. I did do some minor fixes for the custom battle, slaves are gone from the list. I just rather not deal with crashing when people select them as AI opponents.

In regards to "Caesar in Gaul" DLC, three factions will disappear from the list unless you purchase this DLC : Nervii, Boii, and Galatians Come to think of it, I should just removed them now, oh well I guess another update when this DLC goes live.

Other notes: This mod is now included in two different mods:
    ToonTotalWar - The entire mod is there. I personally used this in my latest completed campaign for Culture Victory(Three weeks of playing).
    Divide et Impera(DEI) - Current only 15 factions are included, they are changed the faction traits around. Eventually I believe they will enable all the factions. I will use this for my next campaign.

Both mod are great in their own right, I personally keep track of both for new developments.

No mod update just post update:
    I forgot about Dresden's stuff, tho he was only going to have time to do DEI. I was wrong, the man is a machine. Very few modders have more zeal then this guy does, props to the man!
    Dresden's Hegemonia Hardcore Overhaul Mod
    Hegemonia:Large Empires Mod
    Qart-Hadast:Carthage Fully Expanded

I'll be honest, I've never tried these mods before, tho I've read many happy people who has tried it.

2013/12/18 - Update 26.
    FIXING TIME! I fixed the issue dealing with missing text for the new DLC. I've added the 5 nomadic factions I forgot to faction_to_faction_group_junction, so they will show up under nomadic in the campaign. Thank you to ToonTotalWar and RMSN NIKE for pointing out the respective issues! I've added the links to MR version of the mod, since I see Meaningful Resources has been update to patch 8.

Hi there, I've updated the mod for patch 8. I've removed Nervii, Boii, and Galatians from the mod, since they are now part of "Caesar in Gaul" DLC. CA fixed Etruscan army/navy tradition, but has not done the others thus I put in my fix for the remaining 16 factions. Finally of course, I've removed the afp version of campaign map in the selection screen for Baktria, Boii, Nervii, and Galatian. CA version is better anyways.

Modders: You will probably need to reload all the tables except the character_skill_nodes, I've had to change everyone of them to fix the mod.

2014/02/12 Update 27 or 28.
    Hi all, I updated the mod with the new map that CA put out with the elephant and onager.

2014/03/27 Update 29.
    Hi there, I have updated the mod to patch 11. I've removed Arevaci, Lusitani, and Syracuse, since they will become DLC factions with the release of Hannibal at the Gate. I've had to update most of the tables, so if you are a modder you probably want to reload all my tables except for the character_skill_node ones. Currently I've only updated all_factions_playable.zip and all_factions_playable_mr.zip, I will do the other two tomorrow. On another node, right the Meaningful Resource mod needs to be updated, so _mr versions of the mod will not work currently. I dont know if Xilo will update the seperate mod anymore as it is a part of DeI.

Another note, I freely grant anyone access to use this mod as long as they give credit. Of late, I've been asked this alot, so I wanted to make note of it.

I will update the links when they are done uploading, I got a super slow upload speeds =/
    Quick update
    Yesterday, I forgot to add the following that Libyra and Nova Carthago army/navy tradition got fixed probably because they are in Hannibal. Now that leaves 14 Eastern factions I had to fix their army/navy tradition this time around. Other things, I've cleaned up the loc files. I'm debating to put back the old descriptions from older afp_start_pos_factions.loc. To be honest all new descriptions of the DLC kinda blow. With the seasons included in the main campaign, I will drop the 3 and 6 turn version and add 8 turns, so the zip will include 1, 2, 4, 8, and 12 turns. I've uploaded the gft version on steam and sourceforge. I will have MR version of gft soon and remember Meaningful Resource doesnt work with patch 11 currently.

I'm also debating to change the default from 2 to 4 turns. Please let me know what you think about this subject.

30.03.2014 Update 30.
    TG has updated the mod AGAIN and add another 10 Factions completed with full Faction Descriptions and Custom Faction Traits, Icons, the Works ( Breuci, Cappadocia, Cantabri, Carnutes, Celtici, Cessetani, Media, Media Atropatene, Masaesyli, Mascat). He did some clean of the loc files too. I've also update steam to be 4turn/year.
    01.04.2014 Update 31.
    TG has updated the mod AGAIN and add another 10 Factions completed with full Faction Descriptions and Custom Faction Traits, Icons, the Works ( Marcomanni, Getae, Himyar, Ma’in, Gerrhaea, Libya, Garamantia, Gaetuli, Edetani, Gallaeci). A reminder MR versions of the mod are broken without MR update, I may have to drop it later. If you want to MR versions play Magnar or ToonTotalWar mod(they have permissions to use MR thus fixed it themselves). So, we are done with faction groups:
    1) Daco-Thracian Tribes
    2) Iberian Tribes
    3) Arabian Tribes
    4) African Tribes

05.04.2014 Update 32.
    Update the mod to the hotfix which CA forgot the civil war for the Arevaci, Lusitani, and Syracuse. I've remove the MR links.
    24.04.2014 Update 33.
    Update to patch 12, unfortunately sourceforge has gone wacky.
    10.05.2014 Update 34.
    Hi there, I've update the mod to patch12 really this time. The NFL draft is over, so I posted the links.
    27.05.2014 Update 35.
    Hi there, I've update the "all factions playable" to the new patch. Basically I've removed the 4 DLC factions, updated the factions table, and of course updated the map. I've been at it for 4hrs, so I'm done for the night. I will update the gft version of the game probably thursday.

MINOR: I've loaded the gft version today, linky down below.
    05.08.2014 Update 36.
    Hi there people. I've added a new table to the mod, mountable_artillery_units_custom_battles. Basically this allows mountable artillery pieces for unlock factions for large or extra large map in custom battles siege defense. I have blue22111 to thank for lettting me know about the issue. I've also decided to remove 8 turn version of the mod, so now I have 1, 2, 4(steam default), 12 turns versions.
    18.09.2014 Update 37.
    I've removed Armenia stuff from the pack. I've updated almost all the tables. Decided to add the three emperor factions to the custom battle to see how that goes. You can only play as them, you set them to AI the game will crash in custom battles.
    21.09.2014 Update 38.
    Hi there, we have updated the mod again. I'm added the political party power which is the influenced under the politics tab. I've update the political_parties table to the new format which includes red/green/blue colours for the Senate colour. I ripped the colour values from the factions_table. I've add Pompey to the custom battle, redid unit custom battle permissions, and redid the mountable artillery units for custom siege defender for the rome emperor factions. TG finished all the remaining factions, so all factions are now customized. Here is the rest of his update.

TG Update
    1) Add customized faction traits to the remaining 14 factions
    2)
    Biephi updated to new Apulii
    3) Lots of deletions of old content that is no longer needed since it’s covered by CA (Tylis, Odryssia, others). So lots of clutter clean-up
    4) Edetani were missing an Effect Bundle description for something reason but they had customized effects. I’ve updated that and many others.

Install Pack Type MOD Version
    1) Download one of the mod pack either with the individualized faction traits( all_playable_factions.zip ), generic Faction Traits ( all_factions_playable_gft.zip ), individualized faction traits and Meaningful Resources map update ( all_playable_factions_mr.zip ), or generic Faction Traitsand Meaningful Resources map update ( all_factions_playable_gft_mr.zip)
    2) extract all_playable_factions.zip, all_factions_playable_gft.zip, all_playable_factions_mr.zip, or all_factions_playable_gft_mr.zip under the AFP or AFP_GT folder you should see folders name 1TPY (Pick Only One) to 12TPY (Pick Only One). Now you have to choose the number of turns you want for each year.
    3) Now you copy all_playable_factions.pack or all_factions_playable_gft.pack to the "data" directory(make sure to overwrite!) of rome example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"
    4) Now you start the game, once the Rome 2 Launcher appears, click on "MOD Manager", 5) click on the arrow key to scroll through the list until you find all_playable_factions.pack or all_factions_playable_gft.pack and click on the check mark box in the upper left hand corner.

6) Make sure you only got one checked of the two pack files: all_playable_factions.pack or all_factions_playable_gft.pack
    7) Press "PLAY" and away you go...

FAQ
    click me, YES YES!!!! (work in progress)

Q. I'm having trouble installing your mod, help me please!!!
    A. You click on "New Campaign" and you only see the vanilla factions. Next you check "Custom Battles" and see all the faction there. Basically this means another mod have overwritten my startpos.esf. You will have to turn off a mod and test to figure out which mod is the issue. Currently the CA mod manager loads mods from Z to A, while A would overwrite Z.

Q. So I want to play Persia, but it crashes on me on baktria or some other factions turn, HELP!!!!!!
    A. Obviously this is some type of game bug, I dont know how to fix. To play Persia, you have to decline Seleucid request to join in one of their wars. You have about 10% not to crash if you accept and usually their second request gets ya. Of course, everyone with Seleucid will hate you, lets call this an added "benefit" to play as Persia. I know you want a challenge!!!

Q. I'm trying to select a faction in multiplayer, but the selection screen is all messed!!!!
    A. Unfortunately right now, I cant fix the UI screens. What you can do is click on the selected faction and use the "up" and "down" to scroll through the faction list.

Q. I cant see Sparta, Athena, or Epirius, I want to play them.
    A. You have to have Greek States DLC to play them. Technically speaking they are already enable in the db files, unless you have the DLC the game will not list them in the selection screen. With new DLC coming out, you will need to buy them to play specific factions, some of the nomadic tribes(paid) and Seleucid(free) is coming up next.

Q. What happen to Baktria, Scythia, Roxolani, and Massagetae?
    A. You must purchase the Nomadic DLC to play them now. Technically speaking they are already enable in the db files, unless you have the DLC the game will not list them in the selection screen.

Q. What is going to happen to Nervii, Boii, and Galatians?
    A. Soon you must purchase "Caesar In Gaul" DLC to play them, so playing them now! Technically speaking they are already enable in the db files, unless you have the DLC the game will not list them in the selection screen.

Q. What happen to Arevaci, Lusitani, and Syracuse?
    A. With the release of Hannibal at the Gates, these factions has become DLC.

Punic Faction Group

New Campaign Selection screen

Custom Battle screen with all the factions.

DOWNLOAD LINKS
    MOD PACKS PATCH 16 DLC

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...e.zip/download

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download

Steam Links PATCH 16 DLC

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits(4turns/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187373962

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits(4turns/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187378749

Permission
    I freely grant anyone access to use this mod as long as they give credit. Of late, I've been asked this alot, so I wanted to make note of it.

Other Mods that You should try
    OTHER FACTION MODS that you want to use! - click me!!!!

Agent 2P's Dacian and Tracian Unit Pack -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lla-balance%29
    Gavitron's Thrace Unit Pack & Reskin Pack -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ficer-types%29
    Krazysigmarite's MASSALIA - Faction Unit Pack -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-09-2013-to-v3
    Man of West Gordor's New Etruscan Mod -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-!-v-1-3-1!!!!
    Miri82's Iberian Skinpack -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erian-Skinpack
    ThuranianGhazi's Nomadic Tribe Expansion -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ibes-Expansion

MOD Workers
    TuranianGhazi - my partner in crime( graphic man and more zeal)
    Umbrecht - description and more
    Adreno - turns 2 to 16 startpos.esf
    den5104 - unlocking remains factions in startpos.esf for me
    Deavid - Massilian, Knossos, Galatia, and Nabatea FACTION description.
    Osbot - Tellng me how to get victory condition to work, I was so close, ARGH!!!!!!!!!
    Blackie42 - For starting the conversion for victory conditions

Graveyard moved to post #15
    Last edited by izanagi11; November 20, 2014 at 02:28 PM.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Etruscan Faction

So that is it possible to make any faction playable ?
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

If someone could figure out how to get Baktria or Persia playable - I'd be happy.

please, could you make massilia playable ?,
    because i love this nation

Thanks, merzhin

Can you make Getae or Biephi playable, pretty please?

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! Thank you good sir!
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

So if I want to use Seleucid I just put those strapos in first and if I want to use Etruscan I put this strapos in? Or are they compatible?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

It's impossible for them to be compatible, because they're the same file.

If you want to play as Seleucids, drop that startpos in and play your campaign. If you want to play as Etruria, drop this startpos in.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Can strapos be added and dropped with a Mod Manager?

Can you explain how you did this? Or was it "easy" the same way Seleucids were? If ANY faction can be done, can you give us a walkthrough?

Must...

Have...

Odryssian Kingdom! ;p

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

@ Vlad - I'm not sure, I never used a MM for Total War.

@ Osbot - CA has released some info recently explaining why some factions crash when we try to make them playable, and also explains how to stop it crashing. LINKY
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

how to edit "political parties tables"? what program used?

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

Boii please
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

Posted this in another thread but it'll help people using this mod too

For those that want to have the effects of the 2/4 Turns per year mod, but can't because you're already in a long campaign, use the Selucid mod, or other mods that conflict with the 2/4 Turns per year mod, do this.

Backup your save (just in case)
    Download EditSF (I'm using version 1.0.7 for reference)
    Expand the tree through; Campaign Save Game > Compressed Data > Campaign Env > Campaign Model and then click on Campaign Calendar (don't expand the campaign calander tree, just click on it)

You'll be presented with 3 values on the right, the other two values will vary, but it's the top value (That's set at 1) that you want to change. Change that to 2 or 4 (or however high you like but I've not tested these) then save the savegame (give it time, it can take a while to change, a visual aid for whether it has been saved or not is that when you first edit the value, part of the tree on the left will go red, once it has saved, the parts that were red will go back to being black)

Load up your savegame and enjoy your longer living generals!

Some pics for reference:

Tree expanded and Campaign Calendar selected

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/4editsf1.jpg

Red Text when the value is changed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/4editsf2.jpg

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Hi there guys, I've been too busy playing with my own mod to come on here . This is how I created this mod.
    1) From Jack's post, there is two files we need to update: “political_parties” and “faction_political_parties_junctions” from this linkhttp://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-Modding-Info
    2) I used Mitch's PFM Rome2 V2.zip to open, extract the files above. PFM beta3 allows some views, but cant really be used to create new mods. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...8quick-hack%29
    3) From the tutorial from EmpireTW enable minor faction playable, I've enable the faction http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...startpos-esf#h
    4) This is the hard part, I had to hexedit the politicals parties into the two files listed above. I probably could have done this under 5 mins with a fully working PFM, but hexeditting took me about 40 mins to count and make sure all the bytes were right.
    5) Use PFM Rome2 V2 to create, pack the two modified files, and save my pack as movie mod.

That is basically the steps I took to create the Etruria mod. On a side note from playing this game, I personally believe 2 turns a year is a good number, 4 is just too much.

New dumping ground for old stuff

Install Pack Type MOVIE Version(OLD WAY but still valid for Patch 3 Beta)
    1) Download one of the movie pack either with the faction traits, all_playable_factions.pack, or without, all_playable_factions_nft.pack, and patch3beta_startpos_2-3-4-6-12_tpy.zip
    2) Backup the original startpos.esf file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome"
    3) You may want to delete the older versions of all_playable_factions.pack andall_playable_factions_nft.pack from "data" directory of rome,"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data", if you plan to switch between the two versions
    4) extract the all_playable_factions.zip, or all_playable_factions_nft.zip, and patch3beta_startpos_2-3-4-6-12_tpy.zip file
    5) If you have download any of my previous versions, make sure to overwrite in the following step!
    6) copy all_playable_factions.pack or all_playable_factions_nft.pack to the "data" directory of rome example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data"
    7) you download patch3beta_startpos_2-3-4-6-12_tpy.zip and unpack the files and select which version of the startpos.esf you want to use
    8) copy startpos.esf to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome"

MOVIE PACKS
    Playable Factions with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...s.zip/download
    OR
    Playable Factions without new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download

Startpos 1turn -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...n.zip/download
    or the attachment below (you have to refresh your screen before downloading and make sure you are login)
    Startpos 2-16 turn -> https://sourceforge.net/projects/all...atest/download
    StartposPatch 2 1-16 turns -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...y.zip/download
    ADDON pack with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...n.zip/download
    Startpos.esf Patch 3 Beta -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...y.zip/download

Removed because all the links are broken.
    You can see the selection screen for several nations, Etruscan League, Seleucids, Pictones, Persia, Nova Carthago, Marcomanni, Caledones, Turdetani, Trapezos, Ma’in, Libya, Getae, and Galatia.

Etruscan League
    Seleucids
    Pictones
    Persia
    Nova Carthago
    Marcomanni
    Caledones
    Turdetani
    Trapezos
    Ma’in
    Libya
    Getae
    Galatia

no need for rar files
    RAR files
    Playable Factions with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...e.rar/download
    Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.rar/download
    Playable Factions without new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2allfactionsplayable/files/MODformat/PATCH%204%20BETA/all_factions_playable_nft.rar/download

OLDe

MOD PACKS PATCH 3
    Playable Factions with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...e.zip/download

OR

Playable Factions without new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download

PATCH 4 Beta Files

startpos.esf Patch 4 Beta -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...y.zip/download

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...t.zip/download

OR

startpos.esf Patch 4 -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...y.zip/download
    2) Backup the original startpos.esf file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome"
    8) you download patch4 startpos 1-2-3-4-6-12 tpy.zip and unpack the files and select which version of the startpos.esf you want to use
    9) copy startpos.esf to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome"

OLD QA
    1. You click on "New Campaign" and the game crashes. Basically the all_playable_factions.pack is either not correct location or not enable in MOD Manager. You need to make sure you have copied it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data" and finally enable it in the MOD Manager -> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...36-Mod-Manager

2. You click on "New Campaign" and you only see the vanilla factions. Next you check "Custom Battles" and see all the faction there. Basically this means you do not have the startpos.esf in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data\campaigns\main_rome". Go back and copy it in.

3. You click on "New Campaign" and you only see the vanilla factions. Next you check "Custom Battles" and only see the vanilla factions. Basically both the startpos.esf and all_playable_factions.pack are not in the correct location or not enabled. Please go back to the install notes.

MOD PACKS PATCH 7 BETA

OR

Steam Links PATCH 5

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits(1turn/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187373962

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits(1turn/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187378749

MOD PACKS PATCH 5

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 7

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 7 Meaningful Resource startpos.esf

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...r.zip/download

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...r.zip/download

Steam Links PATCH 7

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits(2turns/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187373962

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits(2turns/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187378749

MOD PACKS PATCH 8

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 8 Meaningful Resource startpos.esf

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...r.zip/download

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/twr2...r.zip/download

Steam Links PATCH 8

Playable Factions with new Factions Traits(2turns/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187373962

OR

Playable Factions with generic Factions Traits(2turns/year) -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187378749

MOD PACKS PATCH 9

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 9 Meaningful Resource startpos.esf

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 11

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 12

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 13

OR

MOD PACKS PATCH 14

OR

Last edited by izanagi11; September 16, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Could you make Meroe and Axum playable?I would do this myself but i have no knowledge of hex editing.

Can you make all factions playable for us?

Persia and Celts! PERSIA AND CELTS!

Icon12 Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League and Baktria)

If you could add the Celts and Persia that be great.

Juraj103's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: [MOD] Playable Factions (Etruscan League and Baktria)

Boii PLEASE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOII

Page 1 of 69 12345678910112651 ... LastLast