Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASED] Dynamic Music Mod 2.0!

Icon6 [RELEASED] Dynamic Music Mod 2.0!

Dynamic Music Mod

hi all, I have been a self indulgent modder since Pre-Rome 1 days now.
    I have always enjoyed creating custom soundtracks (while i did love Jeff van Dyks tracks!) and Rome 2 has certainly been a challenge.
    Since the release of the modding tools i have tried and tried to get my head around this very complex software they have, but luckily
    due to Mackles awesome guide i have finally got it working.
    Usually i keep these mods to myself but seeing the difficulty that there is in creating these mods with the tools available
    and the fact there are almost no music mods (Only the big, pre established groups have released thus far) exist, i will be uploading both mods on steam workshop and here.

This is the 2.0 Release

Rome Preview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lcr3XdbsMU
    Barbarian Preview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0RgDJ0F5w
    East Preview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjknpPBsEuw
    Greek Preview:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOQwMd5HDsQ

Current Features:
    138 Edited and volume adjusted tracks
    Mod is over 500MB, containing about 4.3 Gigabytes of Wavs making it to my mind the largest music mod so far for Rome 2.
    Multiple menu tracks set to random
    Multiple loading musics (culture specific) set to random]
    Each Culture (limited by CA) Barbarian, Roman, Greek and Eastern has between 30 - 40 tracks each for battle,tension,campaign, win/lose etc.
    All previous issues has been fixed.
    Volumes all set to reasonable level
    Credits music.

To do:
    Add more tracks.
    Correctly solve the faction screen selection music.

Known Bugs:

On rare occasions music can stop while in campaign/battle. This is due to a set of circumstances that i havent pinned down yet (rare). If it does happen just go options>audio and disable and re-enable music.

Download:

Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=339755919

Final Thoughts:

I would love comments, positive or negative so i can structure the mod accordingly. All requests for names of content will be ignored/deleted unless sent in PM. If you really do not understand why, again PM me and i shall explain.

I have already released another mod, the Epic Music Pack which is more suited to those preffering a more classical approach to their soundtracks as oppose to the modern industrial sound of this pack.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=327163734
    Last edited by Tyso3; November 12, 2014 at 01:38 PM.

Default Re: [RELEASED] Dynamic Music Mod

reserved

I've done a good amount of work in Wwise and also have a music mod, although because of copyright issues I am not publicly sharing it. I recommend working a lot with transitions, and doing a lot of mixing in Wwise to get a solid dynamic landscape between the different states, then your users will not have to adjust their volume and you can have a solid mix from one platform to another.

For the BM you've got battle, post, pre and tension. I recommend:

Pre: This is your "before you hit Start" music (build tension, set the mood, anticipation, etc...)
    Battle: After you hit start (Higher energy, drama, irony, etc...)
    Post: Win/Lose/Draw screen (Per culture, but with some crossover as needed)
    Tension: I recommend NOT using this state. The way this state is intended to be used is with one track with multiple stems. It is NOT a bug! Since we are using multiple 1 stem tracks the change will be jarring and will change tracks as you move the camera around the battle map. If you wanted to use this state properly you would compose one new track and then bounce out the stems and then assign them to the tension states, this way you would have seamless transition as the camera moves around the battlefield, like it does in vanilla.

There is A LOT to Wwise... If you need any help let me know.
    Last edited by AstroCat; October 11, 2014 at 09:23 AM.

One step at a time astro, Im still learning the rope with it

Prebattle unfortunately through testing seems ineffective, unless its a short sharp 15 second song as the time it takes between attacking and hitting 'play battle' or 'auto resolve' is usually seconds for me (and thats with 20FPS max)

I have post, but currently only for one track per state and no culture value. I could edit this next time

Tension unfortunatley works a hell of a lot better then the old 'marching' state which i cannont seem to accurately find within wwise. Also having 1 track may be smoother, but its also as bland as Rome 2 vanilla.

Any help would be appreciated, as ive said to others, i am not an audio engineer, rather a first year programmer so my experience with audio software is limited to Total war games

Ok Version 2.0 Is out.

Its been finished for about a week, however due to its size i cannont upload to steam. I have tried and tried to message other modders to find out how to split the pack but they seem to simply ignore my requests for help (they have been online and posted since i pmed/ made a help post ).

So for now and the near future the mod will be hosted via mediafire, the steam workshop mod is outdated.

Changelogs updated

PLEASE POST ANY COMMENTS/BUGS HERE. However i will not respond to any request for track listing expect in PM

Default Re: [RELEASED] Dynamic Music Mod 2.0!

Updated with preview video links

updated with steam workshop link (thanks to magnar for helping with split modpack)

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

I think im in love !

Excellent work, cant wait to see more stuff from you in the future
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

IF only steam workshop would let me upload more lol

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Hopefully there is not illegal material in mod. Some music mods are already fallen for that.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Hopefully there is not illegal material in mod. Some music mods are already fallen for that.
    Scary ........
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

c'est la vie

It seems that some unhappy person complained to steam, MOD may be removed by steam in near future, so please make most it while you can. I will continue to host and talk with steam admins.

Thankyou for all your support guys and i hope youve enjoyed the mods. To whoever complained, Fudge you.

Seems Part 4 has been removed.

Can you upload ModManager version ? I really liked your mod.

Would anyone be able to reupload this to another filehost? I think every part on the Steam Workshop is gone now, which is a shame because this music mod seems really cool.

Well as long as you don't delete it from your files its not gonna go away.

Can you upload your mod somewhere ?

Someone PM me a link to this. I'll upload it and host it myself from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruniac View Post
    Someone PM me a link to this. I'll upload it and host it myself from now on.
    Have you upload the link somewhere can I get it also please? or anyone have it can you share it somewhere?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast