Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager [Updated 25/04/14]

Default Re: Mod Manager

Hi,

My modmanager simply stops working immediately when started. I mean the modmanager window wont even open. It worked before the third patch, but not sure if it's cause by the patch. At first I thought it was a problem reading the file names of my mod files or something like that, but even when removing all mod packs it doesn't work.

I ran it with procmon and noticed modmanager.exe periodically looks for modmanager.config or modmanager.exe.config in the Rome 2 folder, and I don't have this file, which begs the question, should I have it permananently there? Or if not, then where is the configuration that modmanager creates so that the mods are launched right with Rome? Because I'm afraid even if I delete modmanager I cannot add new mods because theres a config file somewhere.

Does the mod manager have to be extracted in Rome II/data folder to work properly?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

It can be extracted anywhere you like, providing the .exe and the .dll are together.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    It can be extracted anywhere you like, providing the .exe and the .dll are together.
    Thank you, I have them together but for some reason the mod manager doesn't can't launch the game properly, the game crashes and gives me an exception code: c0000005. How can I fix this?

So is it correct that you cannot control in which order "movie" mods load? So let's say I want to create a compatible mod with one of the popular "movie" mods. Is that simply not possible because the "movie" mod always loads last and hence screws up any other mods that load through the mod manager?

for some reason, my mod manager has stopped working. I open the folder and click to open the application, and the message "mod manager has stopped working" pops up. It's unusual because it was working fine last night, even after the latest patch was installed. I'll assume it is still related to the patch, though.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

I extracted the Mod Manager to my desktop and tried again today and I got it working. Downloaded a few more mods and opened it again and got the same Unhandeled exception error again.

Back to editing the use.script for me.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAlpha View Post
    So is it correct that you cannot control in which order "movie" mods load? So let's say I want to create a compatible mod with one of the popular "movie" mods. Is that simply not possible because the "movie" mod always loads last and hence screws up any other mods that load through the mod manager?
    I said this a month ago when I first released mod manager, and I wasn't joking when I said it:
    Currently most initial mods use MOVIE format packs and as such won't be able to be controlled by mod manager and will always activate, you should go tell the mods creator to use MOD format packs which will save you major headaches in the future.
    Modders who use movie format packs instead of mod format packs are doing so because they are lazy, CA created the mod format pack for a reason.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

edit: Nevermind it seems to be working.
    Last edited by gaunty14; September 28, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Launch once via mod manager, the manager creates the neccessary scripts, you can then launch via Steam, the scripts will be there to activate the mods forever, at least until you launch the game via mod manager again with different or no mods or remove them manually.
    Thanks for that help Mitch. I haven't added any mods since Rome 1. I have all of these games, I still miss Shogun 1.. I spend a lot of time playing them, that being said, I have never been more than a "normal" setting player. Maybe cause I'm 61? Nah.... Anyway, I hate to ask stupid questions, or ask what others have asked as well, and this is exactly the question I wanted answered. Unlike a lot of people, I spend a lot of time digging for those answers before posting.

So, just to let you know, Thanks.

TerryV6 (the V6 is the extension that the AOL service gave me before there was an internet... God I'm old)

Quote Originally Posted by Fewrfreyut View Post
    for some reason, my mod manager has stopped working. I open the folder and click to open the application, and the message "mod manager has stopped working" pops up. It's unusual because it was working fine last night, even after the latest patch was installed. I'll assume it is still related to the patch, though.

Same here. I played yesterday. Today its not working anymor. I will try a restart now, dont think thats gonna solve it though.

Sry for double post, i couldnt find the edit button.
    I found a fix. U simply have to change the name of the directory (mine was: !rome mod manager, changed it to "rome mod manager") now it works. WTF

Laetus

My mod manager can no longer load Rome 2 with three mods attached, constantly freezing on the very first screen that you see. Could someone please help, or will I have to go to each individual mod page and ask around there?

Please Help!

Cavaleiro Cruzado's Avatar Libertus

What version of NET Framework is supported by this mod? I can not make it work in any way here on my PC

- Grand Strategy Brazil -
    The largest community of Lusophone Games Grand Strategy

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Cavaleiro Cruzado View Post
    What version of NET Framework is supported by this mod? I can not make it work in any way here on my PC
    You need .NET 2.0 or later. Any operating system after Windows XP has .NET 2.0 as per standard.

Since betapatch the modmanager also shows vanillapacks, even if i untick "show all pack files".
    Should i untick them?

Laetus

If i want to get rid of mods do I just delete them or do i have to uninstall them somehow?

Hi, I would need some help since I am not able to launch a single mod, with or without your Mod Manager.

I have the 3rd patch installed, and a single .pack mod into my data folder. When I launch the Mod Manager I can the mod I want to load, then I check the box and click the Launch Button. The game crash at the black screen before the loading picture. When I manualy go into my userscript, I can see:

mod "the_mod_I_am_trying_to_load.pack";

So I think I can just load the game with the usual shortcut, and when I do it it loads correctly but without anymod.

Any ideas ? I've tried several things but nothing seems to work

the manager isn't reading any of my mods. i think i could be because it's not finding the Rome 2.exe but i'm not sure. i'm using the Radious mods (which says to use the manager) so i don't thinks it's because the file format isn't supported. pls help

Cant find path to empire.exe?