Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager [Updated 25/04/14]

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Mod Manager

I will post the log later this weekend when I have access to that machine again. Currently, I am posting on the machine that works fine with Windows 7 64 bit. I found a work around by using the user.script to get a particular mod to work but hopefully the log will help you refine your mod and perhaps help someone else. Thanks for your work and taking the time to respond.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Thanks Vae, hopefuly any info you can provide will solve this darned issue!

Meraun's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Just extract it to any folder you like, as long as all of the files in the original folder stay together, such as the .exe, .dll, etc. Doesn't matter where it is run from.
    Wait, so it only works if i unpack the the .exe and the ddl.? Because i only unpacked the .exe and it didn't work. I coud start the Mod manager, but know mods were shown and i coud'nt start the game..n'

was taht the problem??

w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
    Meraun | HIVE | Community Veteran

KR153's Avatar Semisalis

I get that "black screen crash" too. But after starting the task manager I do get the message "Rome 2 .exe stopped working" (DUH! ) I run my game on a cracked .exe. Maybe that´s what causes the problems? Before ya´ll start flaming: I do have an original copy!
    When I have the MM open and start it manually (not by the button on the MM) it runs as usual. Do I really have to get it running through the start button on the MM to make the mods work?
    NIE WEDDER SLAAV VUN ROM!

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KR153 View Post
    I get that "black screen crash" too. But after starting the task manager I do get the message "Rome 2 .exe stopped working" (DUH! ) I run my game on a cracked .exe. Maybe that´s what causes the problems? Before ya´ll start flaming: I do have an original copy!
    When I have the MM open and start it manually (not by the button on the MM) it runs as usual. Do I really have to get it running through the start button on the MM to make the mods work?
    When you click start that's when the script files that activate the mods are created, so in other words yes you need to start it that way to make mods work.

Mods are created for the latest version of the game, if you're running an illegal copy it likely won't be up to date, and that could well be the problem. Why would you be running a cracked copy if you own the game legally anyway?

I was able to solve the black screen CTD, for me atleast. Deleted mod manager, rextracted it, then moved the files to the same folder as the exe, it still came up with the "cant find the exe" selected location, started mod manager, and launched the game without any mods selected. Game started, I exited the game and relaunched the game with mod manager and the mods selected, and IT WORKED, I was so happy. hope this helps and thank you .Mitch.

So I'm just going to be the idiot in the room here and say I don't know how to use this manager. I've got mods but I don't know how to use this to manage them.
    If anyone could help or direct me where instructions are, that'd be cool.

Hey, I just got the Manager, and I am wondering if I must run RomeII from the Manager every single time I want to play or only after getting a new mod?

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

Here is the error message I get on my Windows 8 64 bit machine:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.fillModListView(String profileName)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6407 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ModManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Meroveus/AppData/Local/Temp/7zO2208.tmp/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6402 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6401 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6411 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6411 (Win8RTMGDR.050727-6400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.6387 (Win8RTM.050727-6300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Everytime I try to run the game from the MM, it crashes. And I have to delete the Rome2 folder in Appdata in order to get the game working again.
    Really strange, and I tried several times and I isolated it to MM only.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Why would you be running a cracked copy if you own the game legally anyway?
    To avoid Steam.

KR153's Avatar Semisalis

To avoid Steam, you are correct, sir! Now, to all with similar problems:
    I found out that the MM creates the file regardless if the game starts properly or not. So you simply start the MM and select everything as usual. Then you click the "launch" button of the MM. It will go black as usual and won´t start. Exit with the task manager (Alt/Ctrl/Del) but let the MM open. Then start Rome 2 with the usual shortcut.
    NIE WEDDER SLAAV VUN ROM!

tried launching Radius mod with this program and the game wont launch at all

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by toto233 View Post
    tried launching Radius mod with this program and the game wont launch at all
    Same here
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

Been having the same problem as Vae victis using the raious tw mod.

Here's the log (in ger):

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
    anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    Dateiname: "Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"
    bei ModManager.ModManagerForm.fillModListView(String profileName)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    bei ModManager.ModManagerForm.ModManagerForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
    Sie können die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
    Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuße.
    Sie können dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.

Outcast's Avatar Civis

I am having the same issue as some people. The mm wont launch at all with or without mods, it just insta crashes with black screen and thats it.

I am a newbie and I have a few questions. If anyone can answer it would be greatly appreciated (a guide for installing mods is needed greatly on this site)

1. If a conflict is detected between mods--does it only load one of the mods, or does it use both mods but overwrite the data of the mod which is further down the list?

2. Can I launch mods without using this Tool after I initially load them with the mod manager? (for instance, I have checked off all of my mods in the mod managed and saved the profile...do I need to start the game through the mod manager still or can I use the default launcher now?)

3. Is there any way to tell what mods are running in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreden View Post
    I was able to solve the black screen CTD, for me atleast. Deleted mod manager, rextracted it, then moved the files to the same folder as the exe, it still came up with the "cant find the exe" selected location, started mod manager, and launched the game without any mods selected. Game started, I exited the game and relaunched the game with mod manager and the mods selected, and IT WORKED, I was so happy. hope this helps and thank you .Mitch.
    Thank you so much!!you solved this problem for me!

Druout's Avatar Libertus

Getting CTD every time I try to use this with radious mod. Launch with no mods works, but that's kinda pointless. I don't know much about modding, is there an alternative to using the launcher, like a shortcut extension or text file or something?

Million thanks. Amazing tool +1 rep
    Impossible is not a fact It's an opinion. Impossible is nothing.