View Poll Results: Do battles end to fast ?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

155 94.51%
  • No

9 5.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Tempo way to fast.

Default Battle Tempo way to fast.

I would like to address to CA that the battle-tempo is way to fast... a battle last for only a couple of minutes...even sieges don't take that long...
    I doubt that in these conditions, the battle time limit quite useless is to most players...
    Can anyone relate to this or is it just me who is experiencing this ?

I understood that the first patch will be applied tomorrow, i hope they will patch this in some way...

Default Re: Battle Tempo way to fast.

Thats what I said, say and will say in future regarding the game balance. However pre-release when I was making topics regarding that criticising that fact, I got trolled and insulted. Well I bet all those people really like 3-8 min battles.

I doubt any real total war fan would like to see his battle ended in 3-8 min... when knowing that these times sometimes resemble the loading time to start a battle...

What's funny is there is an upgrade to enhance your armies land speed by 4% lol! AS if this crap is not ridiculous in the first place. Absolute mind blowing stupidity.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Not only the battles are to fast, i think the Units are moving to fast, too. It's the same problem like we had with Shogun2. I think One of the modders will fix it, soon.

Well actually I'm not even able to call "a battle" something that last less than 10 mins
    There's really much more planning and strategy in a Starcraft skirmish, you have more time to think about...

I remember when I was complaining about "The Great Battle of Nile" (9 mins of real gameplay) and everybody said: "oh c'on it'just set to let more guys play..."

Only a ing alien from another planet would be able to keep up with the pace of this .

Yeah, battle speed it way to fast, and the units also move to fast... hope some modders can mod this out so we get a better and more realistic experience... now 33 in, 96% agrees that the speeds should be adjusted... and battles must last longer...

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

My ass is ready.
    No, I do not think the battle tempo is too fast. It could be a bit slower, but not anything what Medieval 2 and mods for it had (hated that game because of the 30 min battles)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    My ass is ready.
    No, I do not think the battle tempo is too fast. It could be a bit slower, but not anything what Medieval 2 and mods for it had (hated that game because of the 30 min battles)
    Battles should be EPIC, 3 -4 minutes battles .... is like 10% of and average Medieval 2 total war battle....that's how it is now... 3 minutes loading the battle 3 minutes playing the battle, 3 minutes waiting for turn to end... maybe they should call it ROME 3 "Minutes" Total war

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

It is too fast and now I am playing the battles in slow-mo just to enjoy them. It's ridiculous as this is something that is supposed to be the core-piece of the game itself.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tsu View Post
    Battles should be EPIC, 3 -4 minutes battles .... is like 10% of and average Medieval 2 total war battle....that's how it is now... 3 minutes loading the battle 3 minutes playing the battle, 3 minutes waiting for turn to end... maybe they should call it ROME 3 "Minutes" Total war
    And I want to make some progress in my game, instead of noticing after 2 hours of playing that I've advaced 3 turns. Because, if the battles take too long for me I start auto battling almost everything.
    and about the performance, I have everything off, low or small. and in battles and campaign map I average 20-28 fps and battle loading time for me is around 1 minute as is end turn time.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    And I want to make some progress in my game, instead of noticing after 2 hours of playing that I've advaced 3 turns. Because, if the battles take too long for me I start auto battling almost everything.
    That's the whole point of a Total war game... it lasts for days, weeks even months sometimes.... Rome wasn't build in 1 day.
    But i understand that you personally want so see some progress in you game... for me, i want to experience everything, also the sieges, land battles, naval battles, etc... knowing that it will be hard, tactical, strategic,etc.. not just at simple easy "rush to the flag" ... but that's my opinion as a long time total war player.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

^ Agreed. It's good to stop and appreciate the amount of detail CA has put into the battlefields. At the moment, it's impossible.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I think it should be slowed down a bit more maybe another 25% at least. Just as long as hammer and anvil tactics work.

Maybe they can, lower the overal attack damage, increase the overall morale and reduce the walking and running speeds for infantry.. ( and get rid of those spear,slinger-trails...)

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tsu View Post
    and get rid of those spear,slinger-trails...
    You can turn them off in the options.

But for the topic:
    The battles are a little bit fast imo but I experienced a battle when I was defending a village and it takes almost 12minutes of fighting, regrouping and withdrawals.
    Well that was one battle of atleast 20 though

Trixie's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by da_snada View Post
    Not only the battles are to fast, i think the Units are moving to fast, too. It's the same problem like we had with Shogun2. I think One of the modders will fix it, soon.
    I say, I must agree. They run very fast in the battle. Almost like an Olympic runner at that rate.

Needs to be slowed down, 3-4 times longer would be fine, 5-6 times longer would be great.

Yeah a bit fast a battle should last 10-20 if its full stack that is.
    and 15-30 in siege.
    My longest battle so far have lasted for 20 min a village defense.
    And my battles avrage around 10 or so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast