Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM - Please refer to thread in Attila forum now

BLuBMuZ's Avatar Civis

Default Re: PFM 3.1.5 - Fix for file navigation bug

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Re: Radious Total War Mod (Updated 23.10.2013)
    One change I would like to make is the bowmen only having 15 arrows. I would like to change them to 20-25 but the Pack File Manager won't initiate the change nor will it change the gun count.
    For what is worth i changed the ammo for ballista few days ago, starting from the CA table. Not a problem.

Hi all, I have been using this program over the past few weeks without any issues and suddenly today, all my pack files where in notebook format (in the rtw data directory). So, I right clicked on one of my pack files and hit "open with" browsed to where the PFM exe is located, clicked on it, but it will not show up in my list of applications to choose from to add to the default application list??? Been trying to figure this out now for aprox 3 hours and am totally stuck. Thinking this is some Windows 7 issue. Please, need some help........

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

When you say notebook format, do you mean it has the file extension .tsv (which shows the little notepad icon)?

Open PFM, and instead of going add files, use the import TSV function. You must have exported to TSV by accident last time
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Yes, when I open the file, opens in notepad.

I do not see an import TSV function anywhere?

Files->Add->Import TSV

You may need to have a mod pack open first
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all

Hello,

Do I need to download a separate schema to be able to open "unit_special_ability_effects_tables" in Rome 2?

Thank you

I do not think they have the tsv extension. I can open up the files with pfm as long as I use the PFM exe to find the files. The problem is if I try to open up the files without already having the PFM exe running, notepad by default tries to open them. So, I browse to find the the PFM exe, click on that, yet notepad still opens up the file, even after I click on the PFM exe. I'm probably not explaining this right. It's just all my pack format (with the PFM exe image) and now they are in notepad format with the notepad image.

I just want PFM to be the default program when ever I double click on a pack file, which is the way the files were prior to today.

Quote Originally Posted by JHN71 View Post
    I do not think they have the tsv extension. I can open up the files with pfm as long as I use the PFM exe to find the files. The problem is if I try to open up the files without already having the PFM exe running, notepad by default tries to open them. So, I browse to find the the PFM exe, click on that, yet notepad still opens up the file, even after I click on the PFM exe. I'm probably not explaining this right. It's just all my pack format (with the PFM exe image) and now they are in notepad format with the notepad image.
    Right click -> properties -> open with -> navigate to where you installed PFM and select the .exe

I did that and it still does not show up in the default list. Anyways, I really do appreciate your help. Luckily, I actually had a restore point from yesterday, so I performed a system restore and problem solved. I have an older version of the PFM, but I think this all got screwed up when I tried updating to the newer version earlier today. Thanks again. I still noticed the PFM does not show up under the 'programs and features' tab in the control panel though, which is odd.

when i try open pack file ,i got message,how can i fix?

there seems to be a bug in the effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables as when you insert a new row it likes to eat other rows and by eat i mean it deletes there contents and moves them to the bottom row i have added about 8 new rows or so but it works fine if i just add row or copy row

I tried again to edit the ammo and gun counts in the PFM 3.1.5 using Radious mod. The changes are in the PFM but will not apply to game. All other changes work. For some reason ammo and gun counts will not change in game.

madrush's Avatar Senator

this said theres an auto update manager attached, id like to update the mods i downloaded to work with patch5 and i have the nomad DLC, how do I update my mods to be compatible with the new patch and future patches?

Auto update for PFM, not your modding changes

madrush's Avatar Senator

oh...crumb well seems like none of my mods work now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Regoso View Post
    there seems to be a bug in the effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables as when you insert a new row it likes to eat other rows and by eat i mean it deletes there contents and moves them to the bottom row i have added about 8 new rows or so but it works fine if i just add row or copy row
    It's not a bug in that table, it is a bug in general because it happens everywhere.

It has already been resolved for next version, however.

Btw when version 3.1.6 will be ready? I'm waiting for it anxiously

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    It's not a bug in that table, it is a bug in general because it happens everywhere.

It has already been resolved for next version, however.

Btw when version 3.1.6 will be ready? I'm waiting for it anxiously
    ah good to know i was puzzled when my changes were disappearing for some odd reason and then i seen that was happening it was horrifying as it thru a lot of stuff off in my mod. But its good to know its being fixed in the next version just wish i could warn ppl about it.

Re: Radious Total War Mod (Updated 29.10.2013)

Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg
    There we go. No idea what you are up to, but if unit stats are what you want, these are the tables you want to mess with.

Main Units Tables and Land Units Tables. This is a general modding thing and should be taken to the modding workshop

That is the locations I edit. No luck on them to take hold yet. But the changes are saved in the PFM but do not show in game.Except the campaign_variables_tables. This is where you can 0 out the agents or increase how many armies or navys you want per Imperium. I edit this and it works.

I have used the PFM's for a few years now and this is the first time I have had difficulty getting it to work. I believe it is because of the CA MOD MANAGER that causes the problem.

Something funny going on here. I tried something different. I did a save as is on the PFM which created a new mod file which I had to change the name by adding #1 at the end so it would not be a duplicate file. The new file shows up in the CA MOD MANAGER. So I un-ticked the original Radious mod and ticked my new saved mod file and launched the game. Well this time it showed a couple of the units I changed but most of the rest did not change. Keep in mind that the changes are still saved in the PFM but not all are changing in the game launch.

Is this part of the present PFM problem. I can not get all changes to take hold and be in the game when launched. Some edits do change but most won't change in game. But keep in mind that the changes are still saved in the PFM. JUST NOT APPLYING TO GAME WHEN LAUNCHED. A few do though. Strange!!
    Last edited by OSDEA7; October 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM.