Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM - Please refer to thread in Attila forum now

Default Re: PFM 3.0 - Rome 2 supported

It is really easy to add duplicate values when importing a TSV file. I find that the best way to avoid it is to re-upload a default table and overwrite that as opposed to adding it back to the already modded file. A validator would make it much more user friendly though. Keep up the good work

Foederatus

I have the hardest time trying to import "tsv" files. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Everytime I try to save the edited file as "csv" in Open Office, and then import it in PFM, it's unable to read the file. Any thoughts?

So here's a question, anyone know why .pack files that modify the main_units table are being ignored? None of the changes take effect ingame.

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Quote Originally Posted by Alexmcm13 View Post
    So here's a question, anyone know why .pack files that modify the main_units table are being ignored? None of the changes take effect ingame.
    Try to save as movie format not as .pack format ...it works for me.....

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [TOOL] PFM 3.0 beta

Hello, my question concerns the PFM!
    Many modder have the burning spears removed. Others have changed the range from the javelin and bow. For all this missile change they need the following entries:
    missile_weapons_to_projectiles_tables
    But this is red and can not be made ​​visible. I use the current version PFM 3.0.2. Can anyone help me? I should also like to change something. Maybe required another tool? I don`t now...

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Thank your work, Daniu and people, who are assisted him. Worked perfectly!

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain John K. View Post
    Many modder have the burning spears removed. Others have changed the range from the javelin and bow. For all this missile change they need the following entries:
    But this is red and can not be made ​​visible. I use the current version PFM 3.0.2. Can anyone help me? I should also like to change something. Maybe required another tool? I don`t now...
    It's the projectiles table where missile range was changed, not sure bout the burning spears graphic though

Doubly unsure about missile_weapons_to_projectiles_tables... sorry all I've got

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain John K. View Post
    Same problem here. Can't edit it.
    Meanwhile I'm going to try this little mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lities-Be-Gone
    Lang leve de Republiek!!

Laetus

Hello, maybe a noob question:

how can I change values in one column at once? Let's say, I want to edit number of men per unit. I think the best way is to do it using filter. So I start with units having "160" value and want to change them all at once to 320 or 480. How do I insert the value to the column without rewriting it one by one?

Thanks in advance

Any way to get copy&paste to work with "open as text"?

Quote Originally Posted by Latro View Post
    Same problem here. Can't edit it.
    Meanwhile I'm going to try this little mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lities-Be-Gone
    Did you update your schema with DB Description->Search for Update?
    I think it doesn't work automatically entirely right now, but I think it will download the zip file, you can then unpack it.

Quote Originally Posted by matkob View Post
    Hello, maybe a noob question:

how can I change values in one column at once? Let's say, I want to edit number of men per unit. I think the best way is to do it using filter. So I start with units having "160" value and want to change them all at once to 320 or 480. How do I insert the value to the column without rewriting it one by one?
    You can copy/paste using ctr-c/ctrl-v, but it will only paste into a single cell if you copied a single one.
    I might go for more advanced editing functionality later but it's not on the top of my list... if you're seriously losing time, it's probably best to export to csv and edit with a spreadsheet program (OpenOffice or Excel).

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus_Punch View Post
    Any way to get copy&paste to work with "open as text"?
    Nope. Again, not really on my list as there are a load of editors out there, so no need for me to reinvent the wheel; as well: extract, edit, re-import.
    Last edited by daniu; September 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post

Nope. Again, not really on my list as there are a load of editors out there, so no need for me to reinvent the wheel; as well: extract, edit, re-import.
    Would it be possible for it to be added in though? Would save alot of peoples time and remove alot of human error that comes with typing it out.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

Hi guys! First of, a big thanks to daniu for the PFM.
    My question is, when making the export-edit -import I don't get my changes to a model to work. Do the text files need to be saved in an specific fotmat?
    Note: I use notepad and I've tried with ANSI and Unicode encryptions.

Edit:

Just to be sure I'm not failing at the unit definition (I'm trying to put the corinthian helmet to the Sacred Band, but the unit still looks vanilla):

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="type" >
    <VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="skin" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/carthage_game_skin.VariantMeshDefinition"/>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="helmets">
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/helmets/greek_corinthian_crests.VariantMeshDefinition" />
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="tunics">
    <VARIANT_MESH imposter_model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\tunics\e3_tunic_cutoffA.rigid_model_v2" model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\tunics\e3_tunic_cutoffA.rigid_model_v2">
    <SLOT name="armour">
    <VARIANT_MESH imposter_model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\armour\hellenic_bronze_cuirass_A.rigid_model_v2" model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\armour\hellenic_bronze_cuirass_A.rigid_model_v2"/>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="cloaks"/>
    <SLOT name="trousers">
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\greaves\hellenic_basic_greaves_bronze.rigid_model_v2"/>
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\greaves\hellenic_elite_greaves.rigid_model_v2"/>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT attach_point="weapon_03" name="shield">
    <VARIANT_MESH imposter_model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\shield\hellenic_shield_hoplon_decal.rigid_model_v2" model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\shield\hellenic_shield_hoplon_decal.rigid_model_v2" decal_diffuse="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\patterns\hellenic\decal_diffuse" decal_normal="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\patterns\hellenic\decal_normal">
    <SLOT name="shield_patterns"/>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT attach_point="weapon_01" name="weapon_1">
    <VARIANT_MESH imposter_model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\weapons\shortspear_01.rigid_model_v2" model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\weapons\shortspear_01.rigid_model_v2"/>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT attach_point="weapon_02" name="weapon_2">
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\weapons\iberian_falcata.rigid_model_v2"/>
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes\_VariantModels\man\weapons\hellenic_xiphos.rigid_model_v2"/>
    </SLOT>
    <SLOT name="weapon_3"/>
    <SLOT name="weapon_4"/>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>
    Last edited by Bucle_CT; September 16, 2013 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    Would it be possible for it to be added in though? Would save alot of peoples time and remove alot of human error that comes with typing it out.
    Yes, it was actually really easy to add in.
    There's ctrl-c/ctrl-v now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucle_CT View Post
    Hi guys! First of, a big thanks to daniu for the PFM.
    My question is, when making the export-edit -import I don't get my changes to a model to work. Do the text files need to be saved in an specific fotmat?
    Note: I use notepad and I've tried with ANSI and Unicode encryptions.
    It's in ASCII is all I can say about it.

I did upload a new PFM version now, 3.0.3.
    - Added option to have csv import replace current data instead of appending
    - Added automatic update for first PFM start (there seem to be many people not knowing about the update feature)
    - Added Renumber column values feature back in
    - Added copy/paste to integrated text editor
    - Fixed referenced version for the Zip library (for autoupdate issues)
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: PFM 3.0.3 - Added option to have csv replace data

will tsv behave same as well? i find it to be more useful than csv due to the way how it opens in excel by default..

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    will tsv behave same as well? i find it to be more useful than csv due to the way how it opens in excel by default..
    It was always TSV. It was named CSV I can only assume by mistake.

Even when it exported a .csv the file was still in tab separated format.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Is there any chance you could make the variantmeshdefinitions editable inside the PFM? Its a pain to repack the entire mod just to check a little change sometimes. This file type can be edited and saved with any txt editor, so maybe it'll be simple to implement this feature?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Error
    System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'PackFileManager.GameManager' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: Unknown Header Type  <!D

at Common.PFHeader.set_PackIdentifier(String value)

at Common.PFHeader..ctor(String id)

at Common.PackFileCodec.ReadHeader(BinaryReader reader)

at Common.PackFileCodec.ReadHeader(String filename)

at Common.PackLoadSequence.IsDbCaPack(String filename)

at Common.PackLoadSequence.GetPacksLoadedFrom(String directory)

at PackFileManager.GameManager.set_CurrentGame(Game value)

at PackFileManager.GameManager..ctor()

at PackFileManager.GameManager..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm.FillCaPackMenu()

at PackFileManager.PackFileManagerForm..ctor(String[] args)

at PackFileManager.Program.Main(String[] args)
    OK   
    I get these throw whenever I try to open PFM with mixed header packs in my data folder. It doesn't matter if I try to open any specific .pack, the program alone will fail to start when it scans them. The culprit appears to be the italian_unit_pack.pack by IGdood. Crashing on this particular pack is strange, because I opened it up and reorganized it just the other day without problems. It would be nice to correct this so it's easier to fix these corrupt mods (and save me pulling out my hair trying to identify what's gone wrong).

Aside from that, thanks for the hard work! :-)
    Last edited by Livebyte; September 16, 2013 at 09:36 PM.

any chance we could get a guide the pack file manager? I'd love to know how to use it.

It's a tool. It'd be like providing a walkthrough for a screwdriver. The hard part isn't the tool, it's how you use it.