Page 51 of 71 FirstFirst ... 26414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1403

Thread: PFM - Please refer to thread in Attila forum now

Default Re: PFM 3.1.8 - Last (?) DBE fixes

Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Exact same issue here,PFM, took a serious dive today.cannot get any version to work.Fails to load.Fails to find Rome II directory.
    What does it say in gamedirs.txt for Rome II? Does it contain the correct directory? Or is the directory given in there present but empty?
    Then correct that line in gamedirs.txt.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

ubet's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    What does it say in gamedirs.txt for Rome II? Does it contain the correct directory? Or is the directory given in there present but empty?
    Then correct that line in gamedirs.txt.
    Hi

Gamedir.txt always reverts to this (R2TW;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II) even after i have edited the text file to the correct path of Rome 2.
    If i edit and then set text as read only i get further errors unable to access gamedir.txt

There is also the entries for empire, napoleon and shogun2 which are correct.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pfm.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	981.7 KB 
ID:	304770

I find this a little bizarre as no updates or changes to system as I know of.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Hi
    Gamedir.txt always reverts to this (R2TW;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II) even after i have edited the text file to the correct path of Rome 2.
    If i edit and then set text as read only i get further errors unable to access gamedir.txt
    So does C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II exist or not? Because if it does but is empty, that's what will cause the problem.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

ubet's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    So does C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II exist or not? Because if it does but is empty, that's what will cause the problem.
    No it doesn't exist and i understand that error i posted.

PFM has always worked until this morning
    Rome is installed on G drive as always.
    PFM stopped working with the the error from the original post i replied too.

So i edited the text file, (gamesdir.txt ) to correct path, (which i don't understand why I should suddenly have to) PFM then, gave that same error's as mentioned above,then it rewrote the path to the c:/steam Rome etc, default path in gamesdir.txt .

So again if i changed the path to g:/steam/rome etc, and saved as "read only" I then receive the error cannot access gamesdir.txt error.

So if the path is wrong in text i understand
    if the files read only i understand
    what i don't understand is why its not working.

Is there a schema out yet? I cannot access unit_table which is a pretty significant table!

Hi,

How I can remove a few lines from a table? I can not find the option in PFM.

Thank you.

Hello friends. Help resolve my doubts. I need to move the group "audio" (size 810Mb) from the file "local_ru.pack" into file "local_en.pack" (as an experiment with the dubbing). All manipulations with the creation of user mod packs or modification of the CA packs lead to "not responding" status, despite the fact that the program spends 12% of the CPU power. In this state, it might be several hours. Program version 3.1.8 with installed tables "schema_b9beta". System AMD FX-8350 and 16Gb memory.
    So how long this pack can be assembeled or maybe i made a some mistake?

the main units tables are marked red, and I can't open and edit them even after unchecking CA packs are read only, how do I fix this?

yeah I just downloaded lastest PFM from this thread and now all db tables are red unreadable. on older version I had it was just land_units thats why I updated it ;0

Ive been using assembly kit but I was polish my mod with PFM because it lets me delete columns, rename tables easier and so make it more compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by TemístoclesGR View Post
    Hi,

How I can remove a few lines from a table? I can not find the option in PFM.

Thank you.
    You just highlight left most column of the row and press delete.

Hello. I searched the thread because I'm having a problem with the PFM also. Since a couple of days ago it doesn't work at all. The gamesdir file shows te correct directory the game is installed, but the eror mesage says the programme canot locate the game executable. I redownloaded PFM and schema 42, deleted all previouw versions but nothing... is there a fix Ihavent seen?

ok its in the OP downloaded lastest schema link its 42

extract to folder where you installed PFM

I didn't see that either until now facepalm

Yeah, and it doesn't work.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Did you change the selected game? PFM defaults to Rome 2 schema, you need to change the selected game to the one which you are editing.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

Yeah. It now opens up the DB file but unit_tables are still not editable. It's shaded blue and empty. Did they change the file name within the db? If so then I am a total idiot.

Oh duh, it is now under "main_units".

I would like to know how to remove columns DB.

Thanks.

Thank you very much, jupsto. I'm inexperienced, but I want to learn.

Hey guys just a quick one, my PFM works fine I can edit all DB, import, export ect but after the most recent update I can still make mods but in the mod manager it has that warning sign and says this mod was made for a previous version of the game and may cause it to crash :S all I have been doing is armour recolours, shield pattern changes and editing unit variantmeshdefinitions for test purposes i also haven't edited any DB files. i have uninstalled PFM, TW:R2 and even steam, reinstalled them all and made sure that i had the most up to date schema any ideas why what ever mod i make is already out of date????

ahh now a few DB files are in red such as the Land_Units table any fixes?