Page 5 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM - Please refer to thread in Attila forum now

Default Re: [TOOL] PFM 3.0 beta

I can certainly do both.

Now, if anyone could answer my question, rather than replying with something completely unrelated.

So I've been working on PFM most of today.

Don't do too much decoding for now, I had to do a pretty substantial change since the beta3 PFM.
    The problem was that there were tables that had both ASCII and Unicode-encoded columns, so we need to differentiate between string types (ascii and unicode).
    That means that nearly all tables need to be updated (namely from string to string_ascii).
    Several of the old tables need only that; I suppose I'll be able to do those automatically but I haven't done that yet.

I'll upload a new version of PFM beta soon which will contain the string_ascii types in both editor and decode tool.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Using the PFM, I make a new mod. I then open another pack, extract the files I want.

Open my own mod, add the files I extracted, make my changes.

Saves my own mod.

But it does not load.

Any help/explanation/link to a guide would be extremely appreciated.
    Shouldn't you be working on A Clash of Kings 1.0 Cozur? Have you ignored the project and moved on to Rome 2???

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Hey daniu, you are doing gods' work here.Will rep you when the damn forum is working.

Has anybody tried to replace any PNG texture with a pack file, e.g. interface replacement, troop icon replacement or loading screen replacement?I have tried them all, but none of my files are used even though I use the same folder structure as the original. May this have something to do with the PFM file format at it's current stage or could this be a mod breaker implemented by CA?

Hey daniu, I've checked the TWaD files, and every string field in it is still classified as 'text', so unfortunately there's no way to tell which are unicode, and which are ascii from them, sorry.

No, I know you can't tell from the TWaDs, but 99% of fields in R2 seem to use ASCII now, so just setting them all to that will definitely do more good than harm.

Also, I've uploaded beta5 now.
    I've been doing more work on this and it looks to me like most issues if not solved can be worked around.
    I haven't been able to create a working mod with it, but I didn't really have a lot of time to try so I don't know if the PFM still saves files incorrectly or I've been doing something else wrong.

If anyone could provide a simple (only a few contained files edited, preferrably only one) working mod pack of type Mod for Rome 2, that would be great.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Daniu if you commit your latest source to your SVN I'll look at the saving method and see what's wrong.

I would upload my working PFM code, but its really not worth it, there are maybe 10 changes at most, all dotted in separate methods.

MacVega's Avatar Laetus

The new beta5 no longer has the ability to edit the tables on any of the kv_values. I don't notice a difference in that section of the schema between v3's and v5's, I did however note that the Master Schema file is not included in beta5. was that intentionally removed?

One big problem is that importing csv/tsv adds the imported entries instead of replacing.

I'm having issues with beta5 as well. It can't edit many of the tables that beta3 could

My pack works ok. with PFM beta, no problem here. Only the problem I said in previous post with importing csv/tsv (it adds the entries instead of replacing).

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Found your problem Dainu.

Make this change
    Common Library
    PackFile.cs
    Line 146

In the PFHeader class constructor:
    "DataStart = 0x20" ->"DataStart = 28"

In my test with this change the PFM produced a working pack, when reverting my change it produced a broken pack.

Also an interesting note while broken packs don't crash the game or take effect in game, the game does still count the pack as loaded and does use the file manifest from the pack counting them as loaded. For example in my test pack when loading a broken pack, I used a scripting.lua file, while my edited one didn't load, the game didn't even load its standard one.

This little line was a bugger when I got the PFM first updated, wading through foreign code. And you don't use Microsoft's coding convention, which means we can't be friends.

Ok, after playing around with the TWaD's a little more, I don't know how useful they are going to be. Aside from the loc entries, and a few out of place fields vs the packed files, some of the data types are off as well (the TWaD's think about half of the _kv's should be int, despite the fact they are written in the files as floats, could be more). They could prove useful as a base for the brand new tables though, so I'll load up beta 5 and just start at the top with the Decode tool.

Can you add the capability to change the main_units db? I probably sound like a modding noob atm on these forums, but this is my first time modding warscape, so yeah.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

any chance of adding battle_entities to that list so we can nerf the transport ships ?

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

I understand the effort but all five betas fail to allow for modding...am I missing something from this conversation? I would like to help, if I may...edit...I am beginning the effort to help break this down...this will be slow-going...
    Last edited by Condottiere SOG; September 06, 2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: edit
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

I believe .Mitch just solved the problem. My question is, when will we see the ability to mod unit equipment? I would love to be able to make some unit mods.

Hmmmm...

So, units arn't modible yet, but experiance bonuses are

... so with the aim of making the battles last longer, why not try starting a unit at level 0 experiance with 5 defense?

The Most IMPORTANT " unit_table "