Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: PFM - Please refer to thread in Attila forum now

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [TOOL] PFM 3.0 beta

Unfortunately with the beta2, I'm getting this.

"The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

^Same for me

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Second version works once i put into gamedir proper rome 2 adress and my fake shogun 2 adress (with dummy folder cause i dont have it anymore installed).

Well i still cant read any signle db, some of them are not red anymore, but none kv_table or others. They give me error or do not show absolutely anything.
    Last edited by Radious; September 05, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Second version works once i put into gamedir proper rome 2 adress and my fake shogun 2 adress (with dummy folder cause i dont have it anymore installed).
    thanks for the hint, i can open it now.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

My game directories were already correct, and it still doesn't work for me.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I CHOOSE YOU, MODDERS! Good work! Hang in there!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

『Great job on getting the PFM out so quickly. Though I do have to ask how exactly do we use it? I know that the old morale/fatigue/game mechanics tables were in the data.pack, but I can't find it in the data.pack for Rome II. Am I doing something wrong here?』

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The headers of tables are visible but not the content,anyway keep your good work,the hopes of us are put on you Daniu,tks.

I won't be able to work on this anymore for today and probably most of tomorrow.
    What you can try is create a fake R2 directory with a "data" subfolder, and copy the data_rome2.pack into the data dir.
    Then enter that directory (the original, not the data one) into the gamedirs.xml and start PFM.
    Also, beforehand delete the r2schema.xml.

That's pretty much what I'm doing here so that's your best shot at getting it to run :/
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Well right now its useless anyway till the db tables starts showing. Still single db table cant be read, its just empty. Starting issues are annoying, but right now nobody is missing anything. If i can help somehow to speed up the process of working db tables and my brain can udnerstand it, let me know. DB tables are so much needed to start fixing this game.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.

I cant wait to get my hands on a "final" release of PFM . Thanks to everyone involved to get this most important tool working and special thanks to daniu for updating instead of playing r2. I would eagerly help if theres any way but for now i will start hex-modding total war once again till PFM can handle the tables. Got to fix the 2 minutes battle in some way or another... it's utterly gamebreaking
    Don't smoke the seed

I had never used Shogun PFM (I haven't supported Shogun) so first let me say (even late) that it is an excellent work. This decoder toll is a grate idea.

Now, there is the problem with "chinese" characters and it is hard to find the strings. I am not sure if the "chinese" are encoded string characters. However if you hex open an extracted table (those that are bigger than 1 kb - probably the "black" one), strings are shown o.k. Perhaps this can help.

EDIT: I think the problem is on columns separator. It probably reads more than one as a single entry.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 05, 2013 at 09:11 AM.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Good luck developing this further daniu! No need to rush it hopefully we'll have a working version by the end of next week some time.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

@daniu For me it also not work. Same error as above. Go on with great work.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Strange. Works for me.
    Although I can't edit db tables, at least I can extract textures and stuff. Including db tables.
    Last edited by BullGod; September 05, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

PFM beta2 stopped working again for me from some reason, didnt do any change and now every time i want to start it i get this:

Its really annoying, all previous pfm versions always worked without issues. With these i have huge troubles starting them. I have installed only Rome 2 from TW games (if it helps fixing this) and its on my D drive where is steam folder directly (no program files). Creating additonal fake folders are no luck at all.

Works fine for me, although can't open and edit db's which is the main thing we all want.

dont open the pack files inside total war folder, go to where you install the pack file manager, open it, then press open then open those (packs in rome total war 2 ) then it will work.

if you open it directly from the game folder it will give u errors

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDragon View Post
    dont open the pack files inside total war folder, go to where you install the pack file manager, open it, then press open then open those (packs in rome total war 2 ) then it will work. if you open it directly from the game folder it will give u errors
    I've unpacked in a folder on desktop and get always the error. I've get it alway if I doubble click "PackFileManager". Do I maybe something wrong. The "PFM Rome2 V2" works fine for me.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

I uploaded beta3; seems to start ok for me on my Windows box.

I'll have to think about how to go about with the raw db data. I think the data schemata will still need to be done by hand,
    but it should be possible to automatically assign many of the table names from the XML.
    I'd really like to know if CA are planning to release mod tools again because knowing that would probably spare me many hours of work.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum