Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 429444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1403

Thread: PFM - Please refer to thread in Attila forum now

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: [TOOL] PFM 3.0 beta

I also have a warning since weekend. The PFM needs very long to start and show:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Please help.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: PFM 3.1.8 - Last (?) DBE fixes

The DB folder factions_tables / factions in data_rome2.pack has now become red, preventing me to open it and edit it. I've had no problems before but after re-downloading the program and added the latest schema with rome 2 on beta it has become red.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    I also have a warning since weekend. The PFM needs very long to start and show:
    Please help.
    This probably happens when sourceforge is down (which is where PFM looks for updated schemas).
    Try going to sourceforge.com in your browser, and try again if it's reachable.
    Anyway, it shouldn't prevent PFM from starting up altogether; does it? Then I'll have to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    The DB folder factions_tables / factions in data_rome2.pack has now become red, preventing me to open it and edit it. I've had no problems before but after re-downloading the program and added the latest schema with rome 2 on beta it has become red.
    Did you download the beta schema?

I'll put in a "subscribe to beta updates" in a later version, it wasn't necessary before there was an open beta for Rome II.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Forgot to edit my post and say I fixed it.

I have an ETW pack file i can not view, let alone edit, what needs to be doing ?
    "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." < - - HUH !? English please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pack File Manager 3.1.8 error.jpg  
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Quote Originally Posted by poa View Post
    I have an ETW pack file i can not view, let alone edit, what needs to be doing ?
    "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." < - - HUH !? English please
    It seems that some files we don't have a definition for do that.
    What file are you trying to open?
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    This probably happens when sourceforge is down (which is where PFM looks for updated schemas).
    Try going to sourceforge.com in your browser, and try again if it's reachable.
    Anyway, it shouldn't prevent PFM from starting up altogether; does it? Then I'll have to fix that.
    Thank you for your support.

I don't know why and how, but the message don't come anymore. It works fine. Now assembly kit do not work right. It do not identify my changes on models anymore and only show them as vanilla and if I rename flie it show right. But this is maybe the wrong thread .
    Last edited by joedreck; April 26, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Can't open the unit_table in pack files, like http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...urther-changes

When I click the unit_table and units, it's highlighted yellow and won't show me the things in it? Anyway to make it show the values in the file?

I am still wondering, what does it mean when a table is highlighted in yellow? The text is not red though, just highlighted.

cai_personality_strategic_components_tables still appear that way on my end even with the latest beta12 schemas. :\

Any idea what is causing this?

http://i61.tinypic.com/aey4yh.png

I get this trying to open the application itself, not any file. Have tried deleting and redownloading many times, as well as clearing the registry of any pfm references.

any plans to release updated scheme for patch12? schema beta12 doesn't cover all files

Appreciate the tutorials man. I'm trying to mod units in a pack i downloaded because while they look cool as they're way over powered and give me an unfair advantage. I used PFM to go into the Mod pack and alter the stats of the unit. I save and change the name so I know that the changes took. When I load up the game the units stats don't change. When I go and look in PFM it shows the changes I've made. They just don't carry over into the game for some reason.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    any plans to release updated scheme for patch12? schema beta12 doesn't cover all files
    You can't spend 5 minutes to do it yourself?

This is the only one I have as red currently:

New table: Siege strength modifiers
    Code:
      <table table_name='cai_siege_strength_modifiers_tables'         table_version='0'
             guid='f7cbd31b-f882-4091-91c4-26b80049380a'>
        <field name='defence_strength_modifier' type='float' />
        <field name='assualt_strength_modifier' type='float' />
        <field name='subculture' type='string_ascii' />

</table>
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by OctoberBrigade View Post
    Appreciate the tutorials man. I'm trying to mod units in a pack i downloaded because while they look cool as they're way over powered and give me an unfair advantage. I used PFM to go into the Mod pack and alter the stats of the unit. I save and change the name so I know that the changes took. When I load up the game the units stats don't change. When I go and look in PFM it shows the changes I've made. They just don't carry over into the game for some reason.
    Did you active the mod you did before playing the game ? Do you have other mods activated too which may overwrite the changes you have done ? Did you start a new game or using save games to see difference before/after modding it ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Can I use this to mod files from Caesar In Gaul?

gdwitt's Avatar Semisalis

What do you recommend I do to view Shogun settings?
    I am trying to compare settings with Rome 2.
    I put schema12 for Shogun and Rome in the same file as the Pack file exe.
    I then opened the pack file and switched it to Shogun under games.
    It crashed the first time, didn't work the 2nd time, but works somewhat the third time.
    By work I mean that it does give the error pop up when I click on a file in a directory.

Quote Originally Posted by gdwitt View Post
    What do you recommend I do to view Shogun settings?
    I am trying to compare settings with Rome 2.
    I put schema12 for Shogun and Rome in the same file as the Pack file exe.
    I then opened the pack file and switched it to Shogun under games.
    It crashed the first time, didn't work the 2nd time, but works somewhat the third time.
    By work I mean that it does give the error pop up when I click on a file in a directory.
    The more current schema files should also be valid for Shogun.
    You're supposed to unpack the zip in the folder next to the exe, not just copy it there.
    Not sure what you mean by "click on a file in a directory", even less sure what "the error popup" could be.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Quote Originally Posted by crzyrndm View Post
    You can't spend 5 minutes to do it yourself?

This is the only one I have as red currently:

New table: Siege strength modifiers
    Code:
      <table table_name='cai_siege_strength_modifiers_tables'         table_version='0'
             guid='f7cbd31b-f882-4091-91c4-26b80049380a'>
        <field name='defence_strength_modifier' type='float' />
        <field name='assualt_strength_modifier' type='float' />
        <field name='subculture' type='string_ascii' />

</table>

every time i try, i end up with entire PFM not working and showing all tables red...

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    every time i try, i end up with entire PFM not working and showing all tables red...
    Yes, and the same thing happens to me when I try to "fix" the cai_personality_strategic_components_tables in the Beta12 RTW2 schema file.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

I don't know if beta12 has this by default, so make sure there isn't another v6 schema. If there isn't, it should be a straight paste, else you need to replace the existing v6.
    Code:
      <table table_name='cai_personality_strategic_components_tables'         table_version='6'
             guid='a596b50e-b606-43ee-afd3-760b706b12c3'>
        <field name='friendly_towards_enemy_multiplier' type='float' />
        <field name='friendly_towards_friend_multiplier' type='float' />
        <field name='hostile_towards_enemy_multiplier' type='float' />
        <field name='hostile_towards_friend_multiplier' type='float' />
        <field name='id' type='string_ascii' pk='true' />
        <field name='max_friendly_attitude' type='float' />
        <field name='max_hostile_attitude' type='float' />
        <field name='unknown_faction_multiplier' type='float' />
        <field name='max_merc_proportion' type='float' />
        <field name='min_merc_cap' type='int' />
        <field name='enemy_strength_multiplier' type='float' />
        <field name='enemy_threat_strength_modifier' type='float' />
        <field name='min_retreat_ratio' type='float' />
        <field name='min_retreat_to_settlement_ratio' type='float' />
        <field name='strategic_balance_oppurtunism_factor' type='float' />
    	<field name='fortified_settlement_assault_strength_modifier' type='float' />
    	<field name='fortified_settlement_defend_strength_modifier' type='float' />
      </table>
    Anything else thats not got an up to date one? (I've already fixed everything, so I don't know...)
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments