Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Videos showcasing how bad the AI and unit responsiveness are, bugs, glitches and others...

Default Videos showcasing how bad the AI and unit responsiveness are, bugs, glitches and others...

Angry Joe's Video
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdpIENG0Y2k

Part II

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGFcUWzzO-8

Naima's video - AI in sieges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFKbJ...NCRfCw&index=1

Please be so kind to post and raise awareness.
    Last edited by Metallistic; September 06, 2013 at 03:24 AM.

Default Re: Angry Joe showcases how bad the AI and unit responsiveness are...

It's even worse in sieges, it just does nothing, it just stands there. Can I join the testing Dept at CA? So I can do nothing and get paid!
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Spartan Warriors vs Slingers... no wonder its a crazy battle.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    It's even worse in sieges, it just does nothing, it just stands there.
    Yep, I already tested it out. When it comes to sieges, the AI is completely brain-dead.

Well at least it seems to be running ok on Joe's Rig...thats gotta be something ;-)

#TheTBNR™'s Avatar Libertus

Better than the AI standing with no working siege equipment just in front of my gates getting shot by my towers and archers while standing still and facing the wrong way in Rome 1? HAHAHAHHA back to Rome 1 i go! At least the multiplayer is fun with FFA!

Quote Originally Posted by #TheTBNR™ View Post
    Better than the AI standing with no working siege equipment just in front of my gates getting shot by my towers and archers while standing still and facing the wrong way in Rome 1? HAHAHAHHA back to Rome 1 i go! At least the multiplayer is fun with FFA!
    than it's like medieval 2 release

They attacked me with no working siege equipment. The AI army stood outside my walls for 15 minutes dancing in place without any task to accomplish. Then a land going ship sailed into my city slowly disappearing into the ground, which produced no soldiers I saw. Next they set my gate on fire and it burned and got stuck at 86% and remained as such. Lastly, the siege ended (they won, I have no time limit allowed) without the AI every getting into my capture point. Perhaps their special ghost ability was too much for my men. A great experience for a first battle for a 60 dollar game.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

saneel's Avatar Senator

OMG these people are just trolling us, releasing a game with worse AI than in first shogun total war o.O

Good lord what an unprofessional mess this game is. This basic stuff should not need to be patched. This is so basic to being able to play the game. Unbelievable how they released this game in this form. Embaressing.

But this video was hilarious!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

At least AJ gave me something to laugh! It was "awesome"! Since i'm only crying these days due to the game
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

I don't know it looks like the AI only acts right and good at Normal difficulty setting on all else it is a mess.

I also saw the weird naval thing, the CAI suicide attacks, and the dumb BAI. Oh and the zombie faces when I was testing low settings lol.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Atleast Joe is taking hes time with the review, which you can't say about all of the reviewers

But yeah, he is sometimes a bit overdramatic without a reason, not in this case tought, but he is passionate and honest guy. Review will be interesting to watch I think...

If my game was running as good as this video, I would not complain that much. My graphics are easily 3 times worse and the loading times 10x longer...I think that optimization patches are the top priority right now. Later CA can start to look into AI..

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    OMG these people are just trolling us, releasing a game with worse AI than in first shogun total war o.O
    Actually, from what I remember, Shogun I and Medieval I had pretty good AI.

The pre-Rome I games had brutal AI, even on normal. That sucker would put you through the wringer.
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

You know, the battles are so much more enjoyable if you stream the Benny Hills theme song in the background

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    They attacked me with no working siege equipment. The AI army stood outside my walls for 15 minutes dancing in place without any task to accomplish. Then a land going ship sailed into my city slowly disappearing into the ground, which produced no soldiers I saw. Next they set my gate on fire and it burned and got stuck at 86% and remained as such. Lastly, the siege ended (they won, I have no time limit allowed) without the AI every getting into my capture point. Perhaps their special ghost ability was too much for my men. A great experience for a first battle for a 60 dollar game.
    Sounds like you don't have line of sight to the landing ship and cap point. Enemies disappear when you can't see them.

Puahahahhahahaha angry joe! he's the man. Dear god what a fail launch!

The AI didn't seem so bad in the last naval battle - they managed to get their admiral's ship to retreat when it was being chased down by multiple ships, and the ones that remained were historically correct in that they managed to outmaneuver the Romans and ram them time and time again.

But yeah, the game is broken and needs many patches before it could be said that it's not in an early beta state.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast