Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: [Gaming Staff HS] The Powers of Arda

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Default Re: [Gaming Staff HS] The Powers of Arda.

The men of Dale begin to practice a scorched earth policy. With a heavy heart, King Bard orders a raid on the town of Dale, which is the razed to the ground before it is abandoned once more. Most of the town’s inhabitants are evacuated further south. The city will be rebuilt, but now the Dwarves can have ruins for their conquest.

(Note that I didn’t destroy any buildings manually. I merely exterminated the settlement, which is allowed. The Dwarven economy now does not have to pay for Gloin's upkeep/wages anymore, but they will make significantly less money from Dale due to the much lower population. And Gloin had +20% movement, so I definitely wanted to get rid of him)

Dwarves up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...it?usp=sharing

Edit - took these but forgot to post them:
    Last edited by joerock22; July 12, 2014 at 06:54 PM.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

In before Rhun kills you both while your fighting each-other.

Citizen

You know nothing, Jon Snow.
    Last edited by joerock22; July 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM.

Nice's Avatar Biarchus

LOL i actually wanted to raze it after you took it.
    I have no hope on winning this anyway, so I wanted at least to hurt you as much as possible.
    Maybe i should raze it a second time so Rhun doesn't get to powerful.

Are you really happily planing to become Rhuns little slave?
    I am not even sure if he really leaves you alive. He isn't that credible. I had a non aggression pact with him which he immediatly broke when you proposed to attack me.
    Can't blame him for that though. Of course he likes to get the entire north gifted.
    Last edited by Nice; July 14, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Most Feared Warlord: Nice

Most Dreaded Commander: Nice

Citizen

I have no chance of winning this either, and I told Chieftain as much. I named you as my primary opponent and I don't want to switch sides. So I don't really care if Rhun kills me after our war is over. I have never known Chieftain to betray an ally without provocation.

Nice's Avatar Biarchus

I somehow can't understand your logic. Why play a game in a way in which you know you can't win? I expected you to turn on me, but never that early. I thought my biggest danger is when I have my forces in Rhun and the Misty mountains. If OotMM and Rhun were under heavy attack from me they would probably accepted were favorable agreements for you against me.

Chieftain did break the NAP as soon as you told him that you will attack me.

SE up
    Esgaroth, Dale and some Silvan town taken, always overwhelming odds.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7i.../PoA_SE_23.sav
    Last edited by Nice; July 15, 2014 at 05:30 AM.

Citizen

After taking Erebor from you, I definitely could have won. But I didn't play well enough and some luck went against me. Now I'm going heavily into debt and have only my armies remaining. But the point is that I gave myself a chance to win by taking Erebor. The situation has changed, but why would I switch sides now? Do you want me to surrender to you and become your vassal or something? How would I be in any better position to ultimately win the game if I did that? (you can forget it, btw) I'd rather play this out and try to recover my settlements at least, with Rhun's help or no.

JWANT's Avatar Senator

I'll have my turn up in the next 24 hours

And i do. SE played and Mordor subbed. SE falls victim to it's lazy spies and Mordor is not happy with Isengard.

Isengard up!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4o...sengard_23.sav
    Last edited by JWANT; July 16, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Rhun up

PoA_Rhun_23.rar

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

This hotseat has never been anything but diplomacy. Before the hotseat started Aldor approached me for a bond between Isengard and Rhun, he also warned me about the emerging alliance of the north (SE-Dale-Dwarves). Then Dwarves approached me and offered a NAP up until turn 20, which I happily accepted, as should every Rhun player, so Rhun can focus on Dale only. In the meantime I was also negotiating with Dale, if we were going to fight each other or if Dale was going to attack Dwarves, as Dale was concerned he would get betrayed by Dwarves, which also makes sense in a free for all hotseat.

After all these negotiations it boiled down, for Rhun, to a NAP with Dwarves until turn 20 and a war with Dale. But just after a couple of turns I got a message from an irritated Dale and I heard what Dwarves had done to SE. The way Dwarves treated their neighbours (allies, even?) was for Dale frustrating and logically Dale feared for the safety of his own lands. If all the Dalian armies would be at the front lines to fight Rhun, the Dalian homelands would be totally undefended and up for grabs for Dwarves.

Dale asked me for a ceasefire to fight Dwarves and I agreed to this. At that point I also informed the Dwarves that I no longer see credibility in our NAP if the way SE got treated is the way everyone that has an agreement with the Dwarves get treated.

I never just break pacts, or as Joe said, without provocation. I also didn't immediately attack the Dwarves, but politely informed them that I no longer see credibility in our NAP and that I will attack the Iron Hills in a couple of turns, for which I gave the Dwarves the time and opportunity to evacuate. I broke the NAP, as I said, because of what happened to SE, which I find unacceptable. But well, one doesn't get the dreaded commander medal for free..

Everyone can know Rhun's position, which is currently in alliance with Dale and SE. Rhun doesn't even think about betraying either of these, but instead will help both of them to recover their homelands.

Gondor up

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9T...it?usp=sharing
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Well Knicolas is gone so we need a new Gondor. I wouldn't mind subbing them to keep the HS going.

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

I would step in and take back my old faction until Knicolas returns but since I will probably become Gaming Staff member again, it is better not to join too many Hotseats.

Once this Community will be more advertising again, I am hoping for some new players.
    TATW HS Community Award

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cleared Gondor save sent to PandaChef for subbing. Remember to contact me by PM when something is needed. I've been busy with other games and have not kept a close eye on this one.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Matto16's Avatar Steward of Middle Earth

Cannot resist to join another TATW Hotseat. PandaChef send me cleared save so here is my turn.

Dale up.

http://www.filedropper.com/poadalet24
    TATW HS Community Award

Citizen

Nice hasnt been online for a few weeks, I could sub him to keep the hotseat going

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackWolf View Post
    Nice hasnt been online for a few weeks, I could sub him to keep the hotseat going
    If you made a mistake and Rhun or I took advantage, I'm sure he would complain. No offense, but he's played this pretty ing perfectly so far. Why don't we give him a couple more days.

Chieftain Khuzaymah's Avatar Domesticus

I believe I heard before he never comes online except for when he receives an email that he has a new notification on this forum.
    Most Promising Youngblood TATW: Chieftain Khuzaymah

Nice's Avatar Biarchus

Correct I normally come online when one of my turns is up.
    I had exams the last few weeks so I was less active.