Thread: weird CTD

Default weird CTD

Hey all, sorry if this has been posted before, but i have a weird ctd. I do have the error along with it. If you need to know anything specific about the game, such as what im building, ill be glad to tell. Aside from that it always happens on that same ai's turn, and i am playing 6.0 with the hotfix. Thanks and great mod, it truely is the EB of BI. -Leon
    Last edited by invictus; September 12, 2006 at 07:05 PM.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Default Re: weird CTD

OK if you can try to see on what faction's icon does CTD occur during AI turn

On the same faction its over, the ERE. I have even disable fow so i can see what happened, and all that happen sis it gets to the ERE and ctd before even see them do anything. I even did the sprite thing to fix ctd's due to the map, and it messed my game up where i couldnt even load a camp or start a new 1. -Leon

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

I will have a look at ERE entry in descr_strat and see if I can find culprit/s for those CTDs

BTW I got no idea what pure function call message stands for.Is this message coming out just before you CTD ?

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

OK this is "unofficial" fix I can not guarantee it will solve this ERE CTD problem but let's try:

1.Back up existing descr_strat file

2.replace it with this one: http://www.badongo.com/file/1403903

One of ERE did not have wife in family tree so let's see if that was a cause

3.before playing delete map.rwm file in the base folder
    Last edited by Hans Kloss; September 14, 2006 at 09:42 AM.

Cool, ill try that as soon as i get home, as i am in school right now. The only problem is, i had to reinstall IB, and i did not know it overwrote the save folder(which suprised and ****** me off), so i lost my game. But ill start anew and get to that location to help crack down on that ctd. As for if it is coming out before i ctd, what happens is the game freezes on ERE turn, so i have to press escape and it brings that message up. Thanks again. -Leon

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Leon

From that screen cap it looks like you have some sort of MS Visual C installed on your PC - otherwise you would have end up with black screen CTD.Does crash leaves any dump/logs files ? -if so we would be VERY interested to see contains of those files

Eh.....im not very techy as of yet, could you explain what you just said, and location of the files. If the files were in the folder i had IB in, that folde rwas deleted and i made a new IB install, if it is somewhere else, just lt me know where and ill be glad to give you them. -Leon
    P.S.
    How do i know if it leaves log files/dump files?

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Getting DMP files when RTW crashes is a bit complicated so we leave it for the time being.Try to reinstall BI/IBFD 6 and try and let's hope new descr_strat will solve the problem

So far i have no problems, i have all UK and Ireland. However, the ERE are pretty much done, so its hard to tell. But so far so good thanks for the help -Leon