Page 4 of 382 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (obsolate)

Default Re: [Released] R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod

invalid attachment.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Attacthment aint working and pasting it into the pref script myself didnt work either...no idea what could be wrong here

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

srsly I wait 5 min for each post ...

I validated my game cache now to make sure I have the absolute same version as you.

here is the preference file >> preferences.script.txt <<

Try also to set USE_GEM on 0 in the SweetFX Settings txt to see if it is related to the shader or SweetFX in general.

For people whose game isn't working, if you have any FPS overlays such as Fraps, Afterburner, EVGA Precision etc, you HAVE to close these, SweetFX will not run with them on.

Great mod Lucifer, makes everything look so much more realistic

Still getting a crash, setting USE_GEM to 0 didnt help either.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

make sure you didnt mess up the script guys. Also, dont put it into the data folder put into the R2 folder. Lucifer...Can you answer my questions as posted above plz. Very bright but in battles its great, just no grass

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    For people whose game isn't working, if you have any FPS overlays such as Fraps, Afterburner, EVGA Precision etc, you HAVE to close these, SweetFX will not run with them on.

Great mod Lucifer, makes everything look so much more realistic
    Thanks Skiddy, good to know it works for you and thank you for the advice!

As for everyone else if it does not work first try to turn #define USE_GEM on 0 in the "SweetFX_settings.txt" to check if it is related to the GEM shader.
    If it still doesnt work it is related to SweetFX in general and you have to ask ppl like Skiddy or check in SweetFX related forums as I only use it to inject my own GEM shader and cant debug SweetFX for you.

@Agent47: it means its not related to the shader but SweetFX in general, try what Skiddy suggested or check eg google "SweetFX doesnt work"
    Last edited by Ganossa; September 05, 2013 at 06:24 PM.

Turned my Trixx (Sapphires oc program) off, still no luck

Apparently I can't edit my original post so I'll have to post this down here;

An easy way to check if you have an FPS overlay that will screw with SweetFX is to go to task manager and search for 'RTSS'. If you have that running, disable it.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

@airborne_guy: What did you post above? Grass problem might be related to directx9 but not the shader, I had it before too. Try to tweak NVIDA settings and preference script file.

D3DX11CompileFromFile failed
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(4,28): warning X1519: 'sharp_strength' : macro redefinition
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(35,1): error X3086: alternate cases for 'Texture2D' are deprecated in strict mode
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(35,1): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'texture2D'

This is my sweetfx error log, im posting it just incase it is something to do with your shaders rather than a problem with sweetfx.

If I turn the vegetation back on and depth of field will this deactivate the mod? EDIT... vegetation and depth of field has been disabled with your mod
    Last edited by airborne guy; September 05, 2013 at 06:34 PM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by agent 47 View Post
    D3DX11CompileFromFile failed
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(4,28): warning X1519: 'sharp_strength' : macro redefinition
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(35,1): error X3086: alternate cases for 'Texture2D' are deprecated in strict mode
    SweetFX\Shaders\GEM.h(35,1): error X3000: unrecognized identifier 'texture2D'

This is my sweetfx error log, im posting it just incase it is something to do with your shaders rather than a problem with sweetfx.
    Ok I will try to fix it for you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Ok I will try to fix it for you. Thanks
    Maybe everyone else should do this too to see if it is the cause.

The log file is made in the main folder with the Rome 2 Exe. Its just called log.log.

Deactivating dx11 seems to stop the game from launching for me.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

Ok the vegetation in battles disappear. once you get close to it, it just disappears. There is not even any grass on the battle map anyway. The leaves on the trees disappear when you get too close. Also I couldnt find depth of field or alpha vegetation in the preferences script file to turn it back on.

EDIT... Also they campaign map is very blury. Why are we disabling DX11. Isnt that better anyway?
    Last edited by airborne guy; September 05, 2013 at 06:51 PM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Reuploaded the GEM file so please try again with the new file (be careful it will also start with dx11 now but has artifacts so stick to dx9)

@airborn guy: this might be related to your Graphics Card settings cause I had a similar problem before. With dx9 you can still turn DOF on low ingame.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    Ok the vegetation in battles disappear. once you get close to it, it just disappears. There is not even any grass on the battle map anyway. The leaves on the trees disappear when you get too close. Also I couldnt find depth of field or alpha vegetation in the preferences script file to turn it back on.

EDIT... Also they campaign map is very blury. Why are we disabling DX11. Isnt that better anyway?
    It didnt work before cause of the issues agent47 posted. I fixed them now but DX11 still has some artifacts and I need to look into it first.
    As soon as I release the next version you will have an option to adjust the bluryness.

Im getting a crash on battle start. Campaign is fine. Any help? I followed yur directions to the t.

Teah, its a game changer for me man. Hope you get DX11 working soon