Page 6 of 382 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod (obsolate)

Default Re: [Released] R2:TW GEM - Graphic Enhancement Mod

Got it to work! Game doesnt seem to be as smooth as your screenshots though. quite a few jaggies.
    Last edited by Mr. Os; September 05, 2013 at 09:13 PM.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Wow, you have a new avatar. You know they released a beta patch right?

I just tried this out, and my game is extremely dull to the point where it almost looks black and white. The soldiers have color on their clothing, but everything else looks white. Anyone else experiencing this ?

You need to play around with the gamma and brightness settings where you pause the game. tweaking them can make a big difference.

Massive thanks LuciferHawk for this mod. Has made a huge improvement!

^^^^ seems like it lacks color... I wanna see what the campaign map looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by tech99 View Post
    I just tried this out, and my game is extremely dull to the point where it almost looks black and white. The soldiers have color on their clothing, but everything else looks white. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Yes, it seems to be extremely dull and hardly any color or AA on my end, so I switched back to an earlier S2 pre-set I snatched from another site.

Hopefully people will start making more pre-sets, I'm currently trying to tweak my settings but nothing seems to be working out correctly, i'm trying to get a setting that has a good sharpening filter.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

this works for me, thanks.

Edit: nevermind, tried a desert battle and it looked like we were fighting on the moon
    Last edited by Massive_attack; September 06, 2013 at 12:15 AM.

beautiful, thanks! works just fine.

needs to add bit more color and much more sharpness also decrease blur.

Love the shader, looks great. I also feel like it improves my performance. And FINALLY some AA!!! However, even with blur set to 0.00. I'm still getting blurriness. So I had to turn GEM off for now and use just the AA

Got it working, but it seems extremely washed out. There is hardly any color on anything but the purest reds and yellows. I like the gritty feel but it feels like I am playing Sin City with this almost monochromatic color scheme. And all my tweaking can't get it to look quite right. Most certainly nothing like the screens you have. So I'll keep checking up on this mod but I don't like it as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Massive_attack View Post
    this works for me, thanks.

Edit: nevermind, tried a desert battle and it looked like we were fighting on the moon
    On the moon huh, I think Im gonna wait for an update

Quote Originally Posted by ts10 View Post
    needs to add bit more color and much more sharpness also decrease blur.
    Yeah that looks nothing like the pic in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Squallion View Post
    Love the shader, looks great. I also feel like it improves my performance. And FINALLY some AA!!! However, even with blur set to 0.00. I'm still getting blurriness. So I had to turn GEM off for now and use just the AA
    How did you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Slanderbot View Post
    Got it working, but it seems extremely washed out. There is hardly any color on anything but the purest reds and yellows. I like the gritty feel but it feels like I am playing Sin City with this almost monochromatic color scheme. And all my tweaking can't get it to look quite right. Most certainly nothing like the screens you have. So I'll keep checking up on this mod but I don't like it as it is now.
    Me too, he did a great job for the M2TW mod but since this is a little different its rinse and repeat. Hope this works out

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Look for the SweetFX mod released for shogun 2, its fully compatable with rome 2 and looks great-no performance hit whatsoever, no blurriness either. Just install in the same place and replace all.

I'll keep this thread bookmarked for when a shade I like gets released though! I love your mod for Medieval 2 !

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Thank you for all the replies but please leave a screen so I can see how it looks.
    It would make it easier for me to know what went wrong.
    Also there is a log.log file which might help to solve the problem if you post the content.

It seems some filters I implemented in the shader (and didnt work for me) may work for a few of you so I will tune them down in the next version.
    I might not add different versions but more variables in the SweetFX_settings.txt to enable you tweaks by yourself.

If you test it and post screens for me to debug please do not use any other shader only the GEM.

Will do, downloading now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    Thank you for all the replies but please leave a screen so I can see how it looks.
    It would make it easier for me to know what went wrong.
    Also there is a log.log file which might help to solve the problem if you post the content.

It seems some filters I implemented in the shader (and didnt work for me) may work for a few of you so I will tune them down in the next version.
    I might not add different versions but more variables in the SweetFX_settings.txt to enable you tweaks by yourself.

If you test it and post screens for me to debug please do not use any other shader only the GEM.

Now that I'm looking at these pictures, the blurry isn't nearly as pronounced as it is on my monitor. The text is also blurry and harder to read.

Here you go...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I took more after adjusting the in game brightness and gamma, just to see a difference. Didnt post them though. Needs a little more color on both battle and campaign maps. Also a little brighter on the battle map but darker on the campaign map. I dont know if thats possible but I am sure alot of people would agree.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

UPDATE (to file)

Added Variables USE_GBlur (blur on/of), GSat (adjust saturation), GTBright (adjust brightness) in SweetFx_settings.txt and got rid of unused filters that may have cause issues.

Thank you for the pics. Does look blurry so you have no the option to take it out of the game.
    Would it help to split up GTBright into textureBrightness, filterBrightness and shaderBrightness in the next iteration?
    Last edited by Ganossa; September 06, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

So you fixed it?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    So you fixed it?
    Blur should be turned off now but can be turned on in the SweetFX_settings.txt.

Regarding saturation this is dependent on the scenery cause R2 uses the ugly filters while mine is always the same.
    Here you can see an example from R2 vanilla filter (GEM turned off):
    Last edited by Ganossa; September 06, 2013 at 03:26 AM.