Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

Domesticus

Default Re: 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

I dunno about you guys, but the mod still seems to be working with the new patch

Spaxspore's Avatar Campidoctor

I just backed up my startpos file and used the one from this mod. Works with no worries.

I just followed the OP's directions and changed it for myself

I got impatient and couldn't wait any more, its surprisingly easy

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetGnome View Post
    I just followed the OP's directions and changed it for myself

I got impatient and couldn't wait any more, its surprisingly easy

I looked for myself yet the first integer says 481?
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Guys have you seen decreased AI movement-hostility or any A.I problems when using this mod???
    I mean like the A.I problems Napoleon had when you used a Xturn mod...

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Guys have you seen decreased AI movement-hostility or any A.I problems when using this mod???
    I mean like the A.I problems Napoleon had when you used a Xturn mod...

Cheers...
    Not that I've observed, in fact my last few campaigns with 2turn the AI has been quite hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Os View Post
    I looked for myself yet the first integer says 481?
    Thats the wrong one, I saw that first also. Instead of expanding "Campaign_Calendar" just select it, then it has 3 rows the top one has #1 the other two have 0's. Change the #1 to whatever you want as your turn per year.

And also no, I havn't noticed any strange A.I. behavior that I can contribute directly to this tweak. But who knows anymore? The A.I. can get a little wonky(yes thats the technical term) sometimes with the purely vanilla version of the game. I play with a number of various small tweaks and mini mods like Radious's (all but his battle mod).

Thats the wrong one, I saw that first also. Instead of expanding "Campaign_Calendar" just select it, then it has 3 rows the top one has #1 the other two have 0's. Change the #1 to whatever you want as your turn per year.
    Thanks for the tip, ClosetGnome!

Glad I could be some help

so can we just reinstall this mod to version 2.0?

Could you guys share the updated 4 turns per year you guys made, or maybe explain better how to do it?

also to backup the startpos do you just need to extract a copy of the original?

Alright guys I made and shared a 4tpy mod, right here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Beta-Patch-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkers View Post
    Alright guys I made and shared a 4tpy mod, right here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Beta-Patch-2)
    Have you followed the O.P's instructions???
    I'll check it out ASAP...
    Thanks mate...

hello radious,

Im loving your mods!

Do you do anymore on a page i dont no about? lol

im looking for the 2x unit sizes and the 2 turns per year mod, do you also do these? could you direct me to where i can get them please?

please get back to me

thanks man,

Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalatroz View Post
    Not that I've observed, in fact my last few campaigns with 2turn the AI has been quite hostile.
    And also no, I havn't noticed any strange A.I. behavior that I can contribute directly to this tweak.
    Thanks for the info guys..
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; September 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

Since the OP is busy with other stuff and isn't active in this thread atm ill go ahead and post some quick steps so you guys can edit it on your own if you so desire. As always when doing this kind of stuff with game files BE CAREFUL. Backup whatever you are messing with. I am not responsible for mistakes that you make or you forgetting to backup anything important.

Start by going here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Block-Entries ) and download the EditSF tool.
    1. Next extract it into a folder, I extracted it into a folder named EDitSF in the Rome 2 directory so I'd know where it was.
    2. Open the .exe in the tool
    3. Click "File" in the top left corner
    4. Now navigate to wherever your Rome 2 directory is and then to the correct file, for me it is "Local Disk (C -->Program FIles (x86) --> Steam --> SteamApps --> Common --> Total War Rome II -->data-->campaigns-->main_rome
    5. there should be one file in the main_rome folder named "startpos.esf" thats what your after. (I would suggest making a backup of this file before doing any tinkering around with it just in case)
    6. select the startpos.esf file with the tool and click open
    7. In the section on the left expand the directory named "CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS", then expand "COMPRESSED_DATA", then expand "CAMPAIGN_ENV", then expand "CAMPAIGN_MODEL"
    8. At this point you have expanded a number of directories and there is all sorts of gibberish on the left, find the directory named "Campaign_Calendar", DONT EXPAND IT. Just select it.
    9. once you have selected "CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR", then 3 rows will appear in the section on the right side of the tool, the first # in the first row will be a 1, the other two rows will have 0's. Change the #1 in the first row to a #4 or w/e you want your ypt to be.

I wouldn't suggest going over 4 really though because I hear that it can start to cause problems

Hope this helps

I forgot to mention that after step 9. just click "save" under file in the top left, you will know the change has been made when stuff turns red (yes red=good in this case)

Also, highly suggested that you start a new campaign with this

Since the OP is busy with other stuff and isn't active in this thread atm ill go ahead and post some quick steps so you guys can edit it on your own if you so desire. As always when doing this kind of stuff with game files BE CAREFUL. Backup whatever you are messing with. I am not responsible for mistakes that you make or you forgetting to backup anything important.

Start by going here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Block-Entries ) and download the EditSF tool.
    1. Next extract it into a folder, I extracted it into a folder named EDitSF in the Rome 2 directory so I'd know where it was.
    2. Open the .exe in the tool
    3. Click "File" in the top left corner
    4. Now navigate to wherever your Rome 2 directory is and then to the correct file, for me it is "Local Disk (C -->Program FIles (x86) --> Steam --> SteamApps --> Common --> Total War Rome II -->data-->campaigns-->main_rome
    5. there should be one file in the main_rome folder named "startpos.esf" thats what your after. (I would suggest making a backup of this file before doing any tinkering around with it just in case)
    6. select the startpos.esf file with the tool and click open
    7. In the section on the left expand the directory named "CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS", then expand "COMPRESSED_DATA", then expand "CAMPAIGN_ENV", then expand "CAMPAIGN_MODEL"
    8. At this point you have expanded a number of directories and there is all sorts of gibberish on the left, find the directory named "Campaign_Calendar", DONT EXPAND IT. Just select it.
    9. once you have selected "CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR", then 3 rows will appear in the section on the right side of the tool, the first # in the first row will be a 1, the other two rows will have 0's. Change the #1 in the first row to a #4 or w/e you want your ypt to be.

I wouldn't suggest going over 4 really though because I hear that it can start to cause problems

Hope this helps
    it's not saving...
    The number stays as 1 every time...

Ok -- updated for the 2.0 beta release. Since the attachment system is having problems due to the site's sluggishness, I've tried a random free uploader. Let me know if there are problems, I've never used that one before.