Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

Condottiere SOG's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Released] 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

The mod should affect neither achievements nor unit size...
    Erasmo
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    System Model: G73Sw
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 12288MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM
    Page File: 2634MB used, 21881MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Could you make another version or tell us how to edit in pack files manager so this will work compatible with the 'Friday's patch?

Please read the thread before asking questions that have already been answered.

The beta patch does not change startpos.esf, so I assume the official patch on Friday won't either. So there's no need to update this mod. Huzzah.

Good to hear that, I DL'd it and it works (2 tpy and 4 tpy).

It's nice to keep your generals and agents for a longer period of time, maybe less for the Roman generals because they all seem to go crazy

For those that want to have the effects of the 2/4 Turns per year mod, but can't because you're already in a long campaign, use the Selucid mod, or other mods that conflict with the 2/4 Turns per year mod, do this.

Backup your save (just in case)
    Download EditSF (I'm using version 1.0.7 for reference)
    Expand the tree through; Campaign Save Game > Compressed Data > Campaign Env > Campaign Model and then click on Campaign Calendar (don't expand the campaign calander tree, just click on it)

You'll be presented with 3 values on the right, the other two values will vary, but it's the top value (That's set at 1) that you want to change. Change that to 2 or 4 (or however high you like but I've not tested these) then save the savegame (give it time, it can take a while to change, a visual aid for whether it has been saved or not is that when you first edit the value, part of the tree on the left will go red, once it has saved, the parts that were red will go back to being black)

Load up your savegame and enjoy your longer living generals!

Some pics for reference:

Tree expanded and Campaign Calendar selected

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/4editsf1.jpg

Red Text when the value is changed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/4editsf2.jpg
    Last edited by RayvenQ; September 06, 2013 at 02:20 AM.

Awesome, this was the mod I have been waiting for. Thanks bud.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Great little mod. Now what about seasons, is it possible to add winter at least?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Has anyone noticed that their diplomacy options are missing with this mod?

not sure which it is but I put in Raidous morale mod, this mod and edited my unit size and I've lost all options when you go into diplomacy.

Wolar's Avatar Tiro

Good work!

great thanks for making this mod

East Clintwood's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by RayvenQ View Post
    For those that want to have the effects of the 2/4 Turns per year mod, but can't because you're already in a long campaign ... do this.

Load up your savegame and enjoy your longer living generals!

Some pics for reference:

Tree expanded and Campaign Calendar selected

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/4editsf1.jpg

Red Text when the value is changed

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...6/4editsf2.jpg
    Done that.. But my ongoing roman campaign isn't affected. The startpos.esf has 4 instead of 1 in the integer indicated. Tried starting an Iceni campaig, then this mod worked. Does this mean I am royaly screwed and have to restart the campaign? What could possibly cause it to ignore the changed integer just for old savegames? I have three savegames on my roman campaign, should I remove all but one to make this work? Also, where are those three savegames? Are they integrated into the big startpos.esf file or can I find them in discreete places?

Thank you for your patience, but I am sure more people has this issue and would rather not have to restart their campaigns (some of us work.. limited time available)!

Done that.. But my ongoing roman campaign isn't affected. The startpos.esf has 4 instead of 1 in the integer indicated.
    Done what exactly? Were you trying to edit the startpos.esf? Was it the default startpos or the one from this thread (or any other modded one) If you started your Roman Games unmodded, and installed this mod, then yeah, it won't suddenly give your roman savegames 4 turns per year Changing the startpos.esf does not change an already saved game. So if you started with one turn per year, and then installed this mod, it will not alter that save, hence why you have to use EditSF to alter the actual save itself unless you start a new game. If you'd like, compress your roman save files in a .zip file, upload them somewhere and PM me the link, and I'll take a look at them for you. Your savegames are located (if you're on Windows 7 at least) in (assuming your main drive where windows is installed is labelled C) C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\Save_games.

Foederatus

Question.
    Does this affect how long the campaign is?
    Is it still going to be a 300 turn campaign, thus ending sooner.
    Or is the campaign set to end in a specific year, thus making it a 600 turn campaign (with the 2 turn per year mod).
    Last edited by Runibl; September 06, 2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runibl View Post
    Question. Does this affect how long the campaign is? Is it still going to be a 300 turn campaign, thus ending sooner. Or is the campaign set to end in a specific year, thus making it a 600 turn campaign (with the 2 turn per ear mod).
    Good question! Would also like to know..

Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    Sadly, no -- the game is still seasonless.
    Man I hope somewhere in the engine is legacy code from Shogun 2 that will allow modders to bring back seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaius Statius Laurentius View Post
    Please read the thread before asking questions that have already been answered.
    Considering how slow the site is behaving, I would lay off people who won't wait 10 minutes for each page to load

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

RayvenQ, you are my personal hero now.

My instinct is that the game length is set by year rather than number of turns, but if it's the latter, that's easy to change too -- if anybody runs into an unusually short campaign, let me know and I'll poke through the esf again and post a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansen View Post
    Considering how slow the site is behaving, I would lay off people who won't wait 10 minutes for each page to load
    Keep in mind they'll also have to wait the same amount of time to hear repeat answers, too, y'know :p

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

Brilliant mod, Laurentius!! +rep.. just one request: can you change or tell us how to change the end year in the victory conditions so that we have the same amount of turns the campaign would normally have? thanks in advance.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Default Re: 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

how do you install the mod with steam?