Thread: 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2 turns per year / 4 turns per year

Hi folks: this is the first thing I've wanted changed about the game, since generals age and die too quickly to even remotely gain skills or advancement. All this mod does is change the number of turns per year -- it does not alter build or research times, which are still the normal length of turns.

Note: this mod conflicts with .Mitch's Seleucid unlock mod. I could easily make a compatible version, but I want to get his permission first before I use his work. You'll have to pick one or the other for now (although it's an easy mod to make anyway, so anybody can do it).

Place the startpos of your choice in the data\campaigns\main_rome folder, making sure to keep a backup of the previous startpos file (note: it will likely be overridden by Friday's patch).

Here you all go: Attachment 293185

UPDATE -- to edit startpos.esf yourself or to update an existing save (located in C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2\save_games\) follow the instructions in post #9 , and use EditSF 1.0.7 (created for Shogun 2): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Block-Entries

UPDATE --

Install instructions:
    Inside campaigns.zip, pick the folder for 2 turns per year or 4 turns per year. Once you've chosen, copy and paste the startpos.esf contained in that folder into [Rome II install directory]\data\campaigns\main_rome and replace the original startpos.esf, having made certain you have made a backup of the original startpos.esf first!.

Update -- Updated for patch 2.0 beta

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/16008809/file.html
    Last edited by Iaius Statius Laurentius; September 14, 2013 at 04:10 PM.