Thread: What's about the a tight relation between PC GAMER and CA?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon5 What's about the a tight relation between PC GAMER and CA?

They are presenting TW games:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_os_product

They are writing the "update news" on Steam (which should be done by CA, like all other devs use this feature for their own not for foreign "advertising")
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=34330
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=214950

They are one of the first posting marketing like interviews with CA staff and very "exclusive" contents:
    check TW information directory

Any explaination for this special business relation ? :o

Perhaps someone knows the truth, and we do not only need to presume things.
    Last edited by alQamar; December 23, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: What's about the a tight relation between PC gamers and CA?

sad... no answers.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Nesai View Post
    PC Gamer puts Rome 2 on game of the year list.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Best joke ever

Well to defend PC gamers nominating a game is not same as it is yet "elected" as game of the year, but anyway they have really low standards for nomination.

And again I would like to ask you all, what is the reason special relation between PC Gamers and SEGA / CA?

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/...presents-games

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    They are writing the "update news" on Steam (which should be done by CA, like all other devs use this feature for their own not for foreign "advertising")
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=34330
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=214950
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=72850
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=8930

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

alQamar did you really need to res this dead thread?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Yes unfortunately I had too, because the nomination of Rome 2 as a game of a year, again from PC Gamers, smells very fishy for me and still belongs to the same context.
    Additionally to the content they did previously, they made a lot of more stuff, as like they are in order of CA / SEGA. I've seen less games on Steam where a single online magazine is doing the job for a game company and constantly advertising the game(s), not only Rome 2.

Also no one yet liked to discuss the matter, which I think is sad.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: What's about the a tight relation between PC GAMER and CA?

People are discussing it in this thread here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-the-year-list

Not that I'm too bothered really, I'm not a mod or anything

It's obvious. Just use your brain! Dear Lord! We all know it. And they will earn the price for their lies, deception and low quality work soon enough.

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

It is fishy, it is also fishy why this game got so good reviews, I mean we all know that the publishers host the Game Journalism Awards and control of the flow of information to the competitive market of game reviewing but still.

Even an idiot that played this game for more than 5 hours at launch would notice the glaring bugs, at 20 hours I was knocking my head against a wall. Still somebody gave this game a score of 100 out of 100 as an official game review. PC gamer gave it an 85!!!! With an braindead A.I rushing for flags and with numerous technical issues, boat sailing through dry land, units not disembarking properly from boats and etc.

I donīt trust game ratings anymore, I never visit sites like Gamespot, IGN, PC gamer or any such official site. Now I mostly watch Angry Joe or Total Biscuit or visit Rock Paper Shotgun and even there I look at everything with skepticism.

So the only logical conclusions I have come to are

A) Publishers influence game reviewers through benefits or bribes or make them feel obliged to give games good ratings

B) Official game reviewers have the same IQ as a mob. "The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its most stupid member divided by the number of mobsters,"— Terry Pratchett
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -

SleepySteve's Avatar Tiro

Is it not clear to everyone that not a single one of the reviewers/critics of modern games can be trusted. 1. stop pre ordering games. 2. stop buying games at release. 3. Watch the readily available gameplay footage on youtube. 4. DEMAND a demo before purchase. Do these things and Pc gaming can be salvaged. Or keep doing what you're doing and keep getting the same crap over and over.

PC Gamer is owned by Future Publishing. Future Publishing have had longstanding ties with SEGA - some of their magazines were made available only to SEGA buyers (SEGA Saturn, whatever) - a pretty cozy two-way relationship. Future Publishing is a pretty mature, corporate, media business:

Future is the official magazine company of all three major games console manufacturers. It is a constituent of the FTSE Fledgling Index.

SOURCE
    Part of the reason publishing is in such an apparent crisis is because publishers publish bull. They find that harder to accept than 'changing times', and blah blah blah.

Publishing is surely experiencing the greatest expansion it has ever seen. It's only some corporate publishing that might be struggling. And that's because they make nobody wants - or at least they make it at such cost it is prohibitive. Oh well. lol

You don't have to buy.

The notion that game reviewers get paid are preposterous. They want their opinion to matter to carry weight the attempt to even try and bribe a reviewer would be so outrageously scandalous that the gamedeveloper/publisher would've committed suicide if caught along with the game reviewer site.

So no there isn't some great review conspiracy out there, and the only reason that Rome II got nominated for GOTY is because the people at PCGamer thought it deserved that. I for one agree, that doesn't mean i agree with CA on everything or that i can't acknowledge that Rome II launch was a disaster.

But even a bad total war game deserves to be nominated for GOTY, thats just the level of total war games,CA makes the highest quality RTS/turn based unmatched by any other game developer out there.

Now i can tell that many of you guys are comfortable being disgruntled and will continue to float around making flame threads way into 2014. But i gotta tell you guys the truth. I enjoyed these forums a lot more when people were actually partaking and sharing the experience. Instead we get every single legit thread hollowed out by the flame mob.

The atmosphere right now on TWcenter is terrible, when even the moderators and citizens join with the mob on a flaming crusade against Creative assembly the respectability of this forum goes in the toilet. I see the hostility and paranoia that comes with every single news that comes out of CA our beloved developer, that gave us Rome,Medieval,Empire and Shogun. If we think back to these games all of them were buggy had glitches and were the worst at launch. Why is Rome II the great exception? If you cannot enjoy Rome II right now odds are you never will and that is fine. But let us move on and make sure there will be other Total wars the next one will be better in at least some ways.

God jul and happy new year!
    Youtube channel
    Twitch channel
    Looking forward to Warhammer Total War

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Not related specifically to Rome 2, the game. PM me for answers to the OP.

Closed.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook