Thread: failing to launch Rome 2 (failed to initialize steam? dith you launch in steam?

Icon4 failing to launch Rome 2 (failed to initialize steam? dith you launch in steam?

Hello Total war.Greetings from belgiumWell i today i finaly got Rome 2!!! XD But i got some problem, i instaled rome2 and after the instalation in steam i tryed to play it but if i launch it it sais failed to initialize steam dith you launch in steam?hell ya i launched it in steam, So can somone help me fix this problem i realy wanne play it asap!!And i got another question to total war. I instaled rome2 with only 1 cd but i got 3 cd's. Is this normall??? Hmm

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: failing to launch Rome 2 (failed to initialize steam? dith you launch in steam?

Yeah same here,Played yesterday all day and this morning but now it just won't start. Checking files using steam has been done and checks out... Have no idea what happened
    An Ode to a briljant man
    Reality continues to ruin my life.
    Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
    Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words.
    I'm learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life ... Procrastinating and rationalizing.

TaysChreNN's Avatar Civis

Default Re: failing to launch Rome 2 (failed to initialize steam? dith you launch in steam?

Yeah, same here. Very annoying.

Fixed it by deleting the Roaming CA Rome 2 folder (%appdata%), make sure to move your save file somewhere else.

Fixed it by deleting the Roaming CA Rome 2 folder (%appdata%), make sure to move your save file somewhere else.

TaysChreNN , You Have My Thanks !

I deleted the files but im still having the same problem