View Poll Results: Would you like to see the family tree reinstated+option to remove the "capture points" battle-feature in the next patch?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

100 87.72%
  • No

14 12.28%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petition: Option to remove capture points and add family tree in next patch

Default Re: Petition: Option to remove capture points and add family tree in next patch

I think at the very least there needs to a fuller internal politics view. For example who are these statesman and what are they doing? Who are also all the candidates in the general pool who keep popping up? How come there's no list of past leaders anywhere? The history of your faction is lost. It's just a very lazy outlaying of what's going on internally. They could also probably fit in a family tree somewhere since you have a family. Probably multiple trees/groupings depending on your faction. It just really needs to be fleshed out some more.

Default Re: Petition: Option to remove capture points and add family tree in next patch

One thousand times yes, although I actually like capture points when it comes to settlements. Anywhere else? No. The family tree brought in at least some form of connectivity to generals / family members and the old trait system accentuated this making them seem more real. Now? The generals feel a lot less human, and disposable.

Not too fussed about family tree, although I don't understand why it was removed. Capture points however have to go - they're fine for cities, but they ruin open field battles.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I think at the very least there needs to a fuller internal politics view. For example who are these statesman and what are they doing? Who are also all the candidates in the general pool who keep popping up? How come there's no list of past leaders anywhere? The history of your faction is lost. It's just a very lazy outlaying of what's going on internally. They could also probably fit in a family tree somewhere since you have a family. Probably multiple trees/groupings depending on your faction. It just really needs to be fleshed out some more.

The family tree isn't really relevant to the Romans, Carthaginians or barbarian tribes as they had other forms of government that didn't rely on hereditary monarchy. It is sorely missing with the Eastern and Hellenistic Factions though. It would certainly feel strange controlling say Egypt or Macedon without a Royal Family in command.

Capture points for open field battles are only in the battles when you're doing a force march, correct?

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by jtfjtfjtf View Post
    It's funny to see that CA promised us that the political aspect of the game would improve a lot yet the family tree isn't there.. what a shameful display.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Settoken's Avatar Libertus

About the family tree it's a matter of adding a small icon on any general card leading to the classic family tree window we had in Rome I. This is not that hard and doesn't need intensive testing as a revamped BAI would... About the 'Ancient Rome was not about dynasties' argument I agree. But it was about houses and influence and classes so why not add a family tree for every gens (Iulia, Cornelia, etc). This way the political game would have a whole new depth just by reimplementing a feature they already have the code for. That simple thing would make people enjoy the new political window with the assassination/adopt/promote options a lot more and give sense to the initial choice of family beyond the sad bonus we have atm. It would be a smart move from CA.

Foederatus

Can't vote yet, so text vote
    Absolutely yes from me.

Heavily supported.

Quote Originally Posted by SomaaTheLion View Post
    It's funny to see that CA promised us that the political aspect of the game would improve a lot yet the family tree isn't there.. what a shameful display.
    That article is all lies now that we've seen the fruits of their labor.

The game really needs multiple family trees for each faction.

Der Phönix's Avatar Miles

Capture points on open fields need to go. They make a mockery of tactics, strategy, ranged weapons and cavalry - everything that is not MEANT TO BE static

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

I'm really glad that a staggering 87% of the people that voted on this thread agree with me Let's hope the message reaches the devs at CA..
    We the willing, led by the unknowing are doing the impossible for the ungrateful, we have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12