Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere SOG View Post
    OK, OK I just realized after shelving this game for some months that you can no longer have 100 unit armies...in' hate that and I absolutely hate CA. Its like having a friend who comes to your house and consistently breaks something...you can't just be happy with the relationship and you get the raw end of the deal. And to think I pre-prdered this awful game. 100 unit armies was something I could live with and still play. I really hope another more competent, open-minded, less hoidy-toidy company comes along with modding gameplan. This just sucks.

I will never forget my first army...74 units strong and Spartan. Taking on all odds, cutting a swathe through barbarous lands to the north.

Did I mention that I hate CA...I do...true story...

I am not sure what your OP was prior to editing, but I assumed it was something along the lines of how great it is to have 100 unit armies, or just 40 unit armies in the case of this thread.

Honestly I don't even play Rome 2 anymore because the more I touch the game the more I hate it. I am putting it away for now in hopes that mods can restore it to bring back old enjoyable memories of past TW titles.

So this actually has prohibited me from testing and even bothering to work on this guide to make the game support more than 35 units/army. Unfortunately I can't change the title of the thread.
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Osseon View Post
    Well I'll be damned!

Question is can the AI be modified to build this many units per general???
    Well, in ETW, NTW and S2TW the AI did without any problem, so I guess yes. This method is tried and tested for years and it works. In NTW some guys used it with 80 units/army without any problem... except the strain on the PC to have 160 units in a battle.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Well, in ETW, NTW and S2TW the AI did without any problem, so I guess yes. This method is tried and tested for years and it works. In NTW some guys used it with 80 units/army without any problem... except the strain on the PC to have 160 units in a battle.
    From what is being posted in this thread it seems like 40 units isn't possible. 35 max. Once Rome 2 is fully done with this often patching I'll get back into this game and try to find out what the cause is behind the limitations (if true).

Please if anyone is successfully playing 30+ turns with 40 units/army post your results here.
    All war depends upon it.

40 units working for 150+ turns on DEI here

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by danthemanbuddy View Post
    40 units working for 150+ turns on DEI here
    I play with DeI also. Is it true ?... 40 units per army ? ... the Ai recruits 40 units for ennemy armies too ? ... Could you say more please ? .. Your impressions, is it save game compatible, Does it works with version 0.8c ?... that kind of things.
    Last edited by Clerc; March 06, 2014 at 12:11 PM.

Seems to work fine, AI recruits 40 units fine. The only issue is performance when there are 20000+ men on the battlefield. Having your 40 man stack versus two 40 man stacks can lead to some tough battles. Of course I recommend no force march, since the AI would just waste that stack to an easy ambush.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Well fine !... go to the tough battles. I prefer them like that.
    thanks for the answer.

EDIT : Today an official No Forced March submod for DeI is out
    Last edited by Clerc; March 06, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

does doing this also allow the ai to recruit up to 40 units or just you? and if the ai is able to recruit 40 units do they eventually make bigger armies?

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hello_me View Post
    does doing this also allow the ai to recruit up to 40 units or just you? and if the ai is able to recruit 40 units do they eventually make bigger armies?
    Yes this allows the AI to recruit up to 40 units per army. And yes the AI utilizes 40 units, look on page 2 for a screen of the enemy AI actively recruiting larger armies.
    All war depends upon it.

Is it possible to remove the limit of 40 units on the battlefield?

It would be great to see 2 legions of 40 units each fighting side by side.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

You can't control more than 40 units at once in a battle, no. But you can be reinforced by more than 40 units similar to how reinforcements worked in older TW titles.
    All war depends upon it.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

It was possible in previous version of Rome 2 to control more than 40 units? Condotiere SOG said he had 100 units before the newest patches removed the ability to do that, if I understood correctly?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bonjour comment ont sauvegarde quand ont a fait le changement dunite dans le ESFeditor merci.désoler pour mon anglais je suis francais..Hello how have backup when have made ​​the change in the dunite ESFeditor merci.désoler for my english I'm french.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    It was possible in previous version of Rome 2 to control more than 40 units? Condotiere SOG said he had 100 units before the newest patches removed the ability to do that, if I understood correctly?
    40 controllable units is the hardcap for Rome 2. You can bring more but they only enter the battle upon another unit fully routing or dying completely, one out one in process.

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Bonjour comment ont sauvegarde quand ont a fait le changement dunite dans le ESFeditor merci.désoler pour mon anglais je suis francais..Hello how have backup when have made ​​the change in the dunite ESFeditor merci.désoler for my english I'm french.
    I'm not completely sure what you're question was, sorry.
    All war depends upon it.

Im sorry im french I speak little English .Jarrive to do any manipulations described jusqa change lunitee 20 to 40.Mais I narrive not save the 40's has come back all the time 20 thank you

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by juancfp View Post
    Im sorry im french I speak little English .Jarrive to do any manipulations described jusqa change lunitee 20 to 40.Mais I narrive not save the 40's has come back all the time 20 thank you
    You need to wait a few seconds after editing the values (they will turn the color Red to confirm you did it correctly). Then hit save and the computer will freeze for a moment. After that it will be saved.
    All war depends upon it.

ok thank you very much walking his grace to you.

I'm using 40 land units and kept navy at 20 and no ills here. I did see another file campaign_setup_options under the campaign_setup tab that also shows two values of 20 as well. Do those two values also have to do with numbers of units?

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    You can't control more than 40 units at once in a battle, no. But you can be reinforced by more than 40 units similar to how reinforcements worked in older TW titles.
    You mean no more than 40 units on the field max. but more only available when unit routs?

i have more 40 unit on the battle in 1 army.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast