Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Want 40 units fighting under one General? Here is how!

Wait so you followed the path directory from my OP and opened your Shogun save file and there were no values when you clicked Campaign_Model?
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

Correct. Perhaps there is something I missed? Could this be it? Please check attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shimazu40unit2.JPG  
    Last edited by wargod2009; October 24, 2013 at 03:49 PM.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Yes. Those two cells under the values tab both with "20" should be it. Change both "20" values to 40. Make sure the numbers turn red. Then save. And you should be all set.
    All war depends upon it.

Alright, I will keep you up to date if everything goes well or bad. Thank you regardless of the outcome!

I am using windows 7 and under user a few folders have appdata/roaming but none of the roaming folders have creative assembly

Foederatus

is there any fix for the black banner yet? Quite 'miffed' that this happens, as it is the only thing stopping me from doing this D:
    My Rig: Intel i7 4770k OC @ 4.4 GHz, 4GB NVIDIA GT770, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast RAM @ 2400MHz, ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 Motherboard, 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK @ 7200rpm HDD

Just thought I give an update on Shogun 2 with this editing. Recruiting stacks with more than 20 units for Armies works well, however I have not put more than 27 units in a stack yet so I will see what problems arise (if any) when the unity cards get VERY cramped. As for naval stacks, there seems to be issues with that but I only tested it once.

Decanus

This seems to not be achievable via including an edited starpos file in a mod .pack ..

I am dearly hoping for a mod guru or a game hacker of some sort to look in to this.

Pretty please.

Epic, since patch 4 I have been getting CTD using the EditSF to edit my army and navy sizes. Worked great using 40 army stacks before patch 4 (maybe it was 5?) and I was able to do the entire Roman campaign using it. If its left at 20, game works fine. If I make both army and navy 40 or 60 unit stacks in a brand new campaign the game crashes on AI turn around turn 6-10. My rig is not the problem I assure you, (i7 4770k and 2x gtx 760 FTW in sli). Is this an EA issue?

CA* not EA

I had the same problem, through testing I found the sweet spot is 35 max and no CTD.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I was able to do the entire Roman campaign with 40 units prior to patch 5 though. Can't imagine what it was in the patch that messed that up.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I have since dropped mine down from 40 units as well based on personal preference. I am running at 30 units/army now and have played roughly 90 turns in my Athenian campaign with zero CTDs. Seems odd that bumping it up to 40 would cause issues though, especially if you are running on a fresh new campaign and have edited the save only once and not reverted back. Could it be possible, sock307, that you made it 60 units then a few turns later decreased the save file down to 40 units? AI stacks possibly could have recruited beyond the new 40 value thus causing a CTD.

Unfortunately I cannot create a mod from this tutorial as it seems to be strictly tied into Campaign save game files instead of being located within any DB tables. I've looked and come across no such thing so as for now this is the only way I am aware of to increase the number of units per army.
    All war depends upon it.

I have a an issue with ESF. Im following the route to change Army size to 30 units, and increase men to 194, but after i save and replace my save file with the new, on returning to the save file the changes have not stuck?

Any idea's, this used to work fine for me in ETW/NTW.

Thanks

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    I have a an issue with ESF. Im following the route to change Army size to 30 units, and increase men to 194, but after i save and replace my save file with the new, on returning to the save file the changes have not stuck?

Any idea's, this used to work fine for me in ETW/NTW.

Thanks
    Just edit the respective values stated from the OP for 30 instead of 20 in your save file. Make sure the numbers turn red. The go to file>save and make sure to wait a second to let it save, sometimes it hangs.

After just load up your Rome 2 campaign and you should see your generals with ?/30 unit limits. The increase in men/unit only occurs after you recruit a unit. It wont change existing units.
    All war depends upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    I have since dropped mine down from 40 units as well based on personal preference. I am running at 30 units/army now and have played roughly 90 turns in my Athenian campaign with zero CTDs. Seems odd that bumping it up to 40 would cause issues though, especially if you are running on a fresh new campaign and have edited the save only once and not reverted back. Could it be possible, sock307, that you made it 60 units then a few turns later decreased the save file down to 40 units? AI stacks possibly could have recruited beyond the new 40 value thus causing a CTD.

Unfortunately I cannot create a mod from this tutorial as it seems to be strictly tied into Campaign save game files instead of being located within any DB tables. I've looked and come across no such thing so as for now this is the only way I am aware of to increase the number of units per army.
    Epic,
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried making 40 and 60 units stacks with fresh saves and I'm sure I have not edited them lower after. 40 unit armies crash within 30 turns, whereas 60 unit stacks crash within 10-15. However, I started a fresh campaign with the stock 20, played for 35 turns then changed to 40. I had 2 CTD within the next 20 turns but was able to get passed both by reloading auto-save. Then for the sake of thoroughness I saved that 40 game file, edited it to 60 and game crashed within 10 turns. I know others are having this exact issue and any further help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sock307 View Post
    Epic,
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried making 40 and 60 units stacks with fresh saves and I'm sure I have not edited them lower after. 40 unit armies crash within 30 turns, whereas 60 unit stacks crash within 10-15. However, I started a fresh campaign with the stock 20, played for 35 turns then changed to 40. I had 2 CTD within the next 20 turns but was able to get passed both by reloading auto-save. Then for the sake of thoroughness I saved that 40 game file, edited it to 60 and game crashed within 10 turns. I know others are having this exact issue and any further help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Try doing less than 40 units as Kali suggested 35 max. I can't imagine what would of changed since that patch to bug it up with 40 units. I find it odd that your game crashes as the turns progress too, rather than immediately after one turn seeing that the editing is instantaneous.

Try 35 because like I said I am on 30 units problem free. I'll look through the patch change logs for any other possible explanation.
    All war depends upon it.

Try doing less than 40 units as Kali suggested 35 max. I can't imagine what would of changed since that patch to bug it up with 40 units. I find it odd that your game crashes as the turns progress too, rather than immediately after one turn seeing that the editing is instantaneous.

Try 35 because like I said I am on 30 units problem free. I'll look through the patch change logs for any other possible explanation.

Has anyone done this and also increased the unit sizes? I've done 40 unit armies and x3 units and I've been getting those crashes too but having found this thread I will try 35 unit armies.

Epic28's Avatar Senator

I've been 120+ turns into my Athens campaign crash free with 30 units/general. Since I made this thread nearly 3 months ago I've found that 40 units is too much on the campaign map, all clustered up unit cards and what not. Just a personal preference. But I've been doing 30 units for sometime now and never encountered any crashes with that value. So I can't say what changes the patches made towards 40 units, but my personal testing has validated 30 units. And it seems someone else has test 35 so my first suggestion is knock it down to 35 and report back with another confirmation.

I do know that specific bugs arise with x2 or x3 unit sizes during situations such as combined naval and land battles. None that would cause a CTD though.
    All war depends upon it.

Just edit the respective values stated from the OP for 30 instead of 20 in your save file. Make sure the numbers turn red. The go to file>save and make sure to wait a second to let it save, sometimes it hangs.

After just load up your Rome 2 campaign and you should see your generals with ?/30 unit limits. The increase in men/unit only occurs after you recruit a unit. It wont change existing units.

Thanks buddy, as you suggested, it hangs a bit and i think i was operating to quickly for it, like you said, wait for it to go red, now works. On a side note, i wanted to change the number of men using ESF and multiplier, but it only excepts round numbers like x2 x3 etc, i thought you could but in x1.5, but it wont except, this is a shame as i was trying to avoid the naval bug by having sub 200 men units.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast