Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch Wish List

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Default Patch Wish List

With patches being imminent from CA I thought it might be wise to get a patch wish list going while they are working hard to support the game and getting it to tip top shape. This really isn't intended for technically issues I would submit them in the official support forums. This is more or less the smaller issues that tend to get over looked, but are essential to polishing the game and improving the over all experience. Feel free to add issues that you have come across in your campaigns and I will add them to the OP, if you can please include images or links to the issue from the support forums. If we work together as a community and offer this olive branch to CA I think we can help get some of these issues resolved.

Patch wish list 1.0

-Parthian Banner top is missing/broken on campaign map and emblems float Image Link (note: the effects all faction that share the same culture)
    -Druidic Nobles missing faction color for the Iceni Image Link
    -Missing tile at 0.137, 0.238 Iska Grassland (giant hole in the battle map if a battle is fought at this location) Image Link
    -continued pathfinding optimization
    -sli support (help to get Nvidia to release sli profile)
    -Iceni Chariots can't dismount even though the faction preview says they can.
    -Pike units default weapon is swords (maybe it should be pikes?)
    -Hoplite phalanx formation breaks when you attack with the formation (goes back to the default formation when you click to attack)
    -Boats are too fast
    -Roma Grasslands preview map is not displaying (0.308, 0.474) Image Link selection
    -Emblem selection is very buggy (not all emblems are available/show up when picking your emblem) Macedonia being one of the worst
    -Emblems change on their own or switch between armies with no player interaction
    -Emblems can change if select one army then select another (if you change the emblem for one army then select a different army it will change the emblem)
    Last edited by Kinjo; September 04, 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Default Re: Patch Wish List

- pathfinding issues - optimization (like they did for shogun 2 patch wich boosted some considerable gains on fps)
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

can the people please have a patch with the whole pre-pre-pre alpha stuff in it please CA...thanks.....oh and can that patch please be a complete new game like the one you showed us to begin with ...ta

How about they release the 1.0 version instead of early Beta

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

Double
    Last edited by GussieFinkNottle; September 03, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

1. Heavy framerate drops and lagging in battle even on best rigs.

2. Low-res textures on armour.

3. Faces popping into weird contortions when even a little zoomed out, with noses squishing and eyes bulging e.g. 'babydoc''s avatar: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?53767-babydoc.

4. Units sticking to mouse: you select unit, double right click where you want it to go but instead it thinks you are issuing a click-and-drag order and the unit is stuck, as if you were holding right click, to where you double clicked, following your mouse in a circle around that point until you right click again.

5. Often when you order a unit into combat it thinks you are issuing a move order and simply runs to the point rather than charging the unit at that point. Single right click to charge into combat is counter-intuitive
    Last edited by GussieFinkNottle; September 04, 2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: For some reason the paragraphs keep merging
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

battle speed reduction - 33-50% so that we can enjoy battles, please.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Fix combat and naval speed, and sort out the guard mode and lack of pila volleys while within clear range.

CheesyFreak's Avatar Senator

Aside from bug fixing?

proper iberian units that dont wear a falcata but a gladius instead, and while at it make the Iberian celts more celtic.

kill rateo reduction - 33-50% so that we can enjoy battles, please!

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I just sent off a pm to some of the CA team to see if there is anything they can go once this thread has some content to it. So keep it coming and I'll go through and update the OP once we get a little more meat to the thread. As for the battle speed that might be a good topic for a poll to see what some of the other members think.

Custom battle > City Assault > Rome > Both "Large" and "Extra Large" do not display battle-map. (Other selections are fine).

Pictures:

Large selection

Extra Large selection

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Thanks erestor629 I updated the op and added some stuff about the emblems and the hoplite phalanx.

1st Priority: Optimization and performance
    2nd Priority: Balance campaign and battle AI, especially for diplomacy.
    3rd Priority: Take away capture points in land battles, make them less significant in seiges. The main one should need to be captured to take a city.
    4th Priority: Balance army compositions, use of navies/troops for invasions etc.
    5th Priority: Make agent actions less likely to succeed, at least until the higher levels.

Throughout: Bug fixes. Especially allow naval landing forces to land anywhere on the beaches.

I imagine a lot of the AI stuff and balancing will be done by modders (the people who make these games worth playing), so CA can focus on the junk work of ironing out bugs and performance issues. Also, give us the modding tools asap. Silly CA.

I have a suspicion that the low-quality faces of the roman soldiers is actually intentional...

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

More unzoom in campaign.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

-diverse battle names (instead of seeing Battle of Mazaca everytime you fight in that province)-Guard mode

The 'Family and Politics tab' mentioned in the encyclopedia please

Replays don't show what happened in the actual battle.

Example: I fought a fort battle against an AI, it attacked me from the north and I crushed it. In the replay it attacked from the south, while my troops were in the north, marched straight for the cap point, took it and won. -_-
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

-Lower the kill ratio and the speed of battles in general! At least 40%!
    -Slow down the movement speed of ships and units
    -Do something for the optimization
    -Fix the pathfinding issues in sieges
    -Make events and subjects appear more frequently

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast