Thread: Correct FPS, average textures, ok, but dark, very dark units!

Default Correct FPS, average textures, ok, but dark, very dark units!

Hi there
    Not here to complain about the low FPS or the bad textures ingame as I am not suffering from them (at least not too much )
    The problem is that my units are very dark, especially on one side (seen from behind mainly), and when I say dark, I could almost say black.
    I have a NVIDIA GTX 285 with the latest 326.80 drivers.
    Others having the same problem?
    Thanks for help and potential advices!
    Ceci est une signature

Default Re: Correct FPS, average textures, ok, but dark, very dark units!

Quick update: I manage to solve my problem, but by doing so, I made my game even more ugly than it was before...
    In the file preferences.script.txt

at the line : gfx_enable_directx11 true;
    I changed it to false.
    Ceci est une signature

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I have similar problem My 320,49 drivers can suport DX10 and i play Shogun II wonderfully! But : This TEMPORARY solution i found in TW site.
    Well I found and did this, in a thread that got locked as solved: I'm pretty sure I solved this. Click start > Run Type in %appdata% Select Roaming > The Creative Assembly > Rome 2 > Scripts Open the file preferences.scripts.txt Look for the following line gfx_enable_directx11 true; # gfx_enable_directx11 , Enable DirectX 11 rendering # and change it to the following gfx_enable_directx11 false; # gfx_enable_directx11 , Enable DirectX 11 rendering # Click file and save Run Rome 2 with shadows working correctly. There you have it, you've now told Rome 2 not to force the use of dx11 even if your card doesn't support it. >.> ......and that has pretty much solved the 'everything looking black' issue and shadows now display properly. However, all the textures are still low res, even after trying your solution.
    This is a temporary solution because: It removes ALL shadows. It does not allow you to have shader 4 (available with cards that suport DX 10). Remember to save your original file. Result: Atleast you can play the game:
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Same problem on GTX 260. Everything is DARK and GREY. BTW, Eurogamer review also mentions this and they have screenshoot. It seems that it is not a glitch, but an actual feature. Here it is: http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/art...view_1.jpg.jpg
    Last edited by Vilkas09; September 03, 2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quick update: I manage to solve my problem, but by doing so, I made my game even more ugly than it was before...
    In the file preferences.script.txt

at the line : gfx_enable_directx11 true;
    I changed it to false.
    Ceci est une signature