Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And I won the battle against false marketing. So glad I didn't preorder this TW

Default And I won the battle against false marketing. So glad I didn't preorder this TW

Seeing all the complaint threads from day one and not a single discussion on the plus side, the bad battle AI and the poor performance and whatnot. And all this I had already apprehended! Anyway, this has always been my strategy, to wait for the best moment to come and not act in haste and impatience. I have never preordered any TW title all because of such reasons. Who knows what trash might come out of it...I guess I'll be buying this at a reduced price at 30$ and when the performance ain't so choppy and terrible and they have a relatively better AI Good luck CA!

Default Re: And I won the battle against false marketing. So glad I didn't preorder this TW

Just goes to show how many people trust CA and the marketing scheme So far rome doesnt look like the shiny hipy it was on screen

Default Re: And I won the battle against false marketing. So glad I didn't preorder this TW

So you want to support SEGA with 30 dollars of your money later on even though CA has falsely advertised the game? I think that if you buy the game later it wont matter what you think now because you are still supporting everything they've done.
    Last edited by BunnyPoopCereal; September 03, 2013 at 09:25 AM.

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

I'm so happy for you.
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

I value a game for what it is, not what I think it should be.

Streaming Rome II at www.twitch.tv/itsmymillertime
    Rome II Videos at www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime
    Last edited by Ishan; September 14, 2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Post Aprroved

Wait another 3 years and youll get this game for 15 Euro with all DLC's, but in the meantime know that it is quite good total war, kids are screaming cause the are always comunicate this way.

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Same here. This is not worth 55 eur. They released unfinished product - again.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

When a game comes out message boards get flooded with negative threads. Those who have issues be it technical or others are always the most vocal. Most people are happily playing the game. It's a fun game for me so far but still has the issues that most TW games have: not so good A.I and battles are too fast. This shouldnt suprise anyone who has played these games. At least it is better than the first Rome TW. In that game most armies broke before a battle was joined when they got hit by a volley of pilum. I played one campaign in vanilla in that game but played the game for 3 years because of mods like Total Realism and EB. I never regretted buying that game and I doubt I will regret buying this one
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -

I'm happy with it. Despite it's flaws I am entertained. Give me a week and I'll let you know if it's $70 worth of entertainment.

Good for you. It might be a good idea to work on your personality next, it's a battle you are currently loosing.

I guess I'll be keeping watch on all the patches and updates and youtube vids on how this game feels. My decision to buy this game cheap later with improvements and better AI. And if they still not fix it then EU IV is the way to go.
    Emperor Samudragupta's Sanskrit coinage.parakramah (valour), kritanta-parashu (deadly battle-axe), vyaghra parakramah (valourous tiger).

The reason why your not seeing a string of positive threads is because those of us enjoying the game, are to busy playing the game.

If you set your expectations so high, your always going to be disappointed.

Look out, the sky is falling!

Payai Dunai's Avatar Libertus

I'm expecting the DLC faction packs to be 2 to 3 factions for 10€ for "less important" ones and 15€ for the stuff people really want.

I do not care about DLCs when you already have so many factions and units to mess with Fix the AI, fix the optimisation and fix the silly bugs and I'll buy this thing immediately.
    Emperor Samudragupta's Sanskrit coinage.parakramah (valour), kritanta-parashu (deadly battle-axe), vyaghra parakramah (valourous tiger).

Its fun and you are missing out.

Enjoy your superiority complex though.

Superiority complex? ROFL I'm only saving my money!!

Yep, I'm having fun. Expected some bumps at launch... it'll smooth out and will offer me countless hours of downtime fun.

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

I cannot believe someone actually started a thread in this manor. Pathetic. What don't you start one next week about stuff you did not buy in the last 7 days.
    "Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you.
    Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
    -George Carlin

Ive been dissapointed by both eu4 and rome 2.

However eu4 actually works well... Rome however has braindead ai, is poorly optimized, has cites like carthage smaller then they were showcased, graphical errors, and alot more issues that have been yet to be uncovered.

I still dont want to condemn it yet though. Many of these issues can be fixed, and lots of work in this game are evident. A working rome 2 will give me far more pleasure then any other game out there, it just needs time. I'm sad and dissapointed yes, but life moves on and i look for the future. What CA does in the next couple months will determine if i will buy the next game on release.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast