Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Experiencing Graphical Issues?

Trish CA's Avatar Libertus

CA Developer Icon Experiencing Graphical Issues?

Hiya all,
    It has come to our attention that several people may be experiencing slight graphical issues whilst running Total War: ROME II.

We currently have a sticky about possible solutions here:
    Possible Low Texture/Graphical Issues & Solutions

That being said, we are working with the utmost diligence at this moment and time to try to ensure this problem no longer occurs.

If the sticky does not fully answer your issues, do refer to our tech support forums: www.totalwar.com/rome2support if your problem persists and see if we have a solution posted up there!

If not, please open up a thread there to get the issue sorted as soon as possible. It is imperative that you ensure to submit your DxDiag (Click here to find out how to post your DxDiag). Naturally, we need more information before we can pin-point more solutions.Therefore, if you are to post up a thread on the forum: always make sure to submit your DxDiag.

We are on full tech support for the next 2 weeks, 24-hours a day. Do not hesitate to get in contact should you experience any issues in your gaming experience.

Thanks!

babydoc's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Experiencing Graphical Issues?

ok... I guess

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

i've tried several forums and sent several email and i still haven't got any support. I ordered the collectors edition direct from sega and never got the code for the greek city states. the sega e-store did send me an email at midnight but it was just another copy of the order confirmation with no activation codes. not only that i didn't even get Pontus. then when i did try to start a campaign it freezes on the load screen every time. so i've deleted my virtual machine and i'm working on using bootcamp to boot to windows, don't know if that will help or not but i know there is nothing i can do about the greek city states and no one will respond about that at all so far

Chopy's Avatar Decanus

Several people , slight graphical issues.
    Tough grim pessimism aside , thank you Trish for letting us know.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The odd is that my grafics card (Dx 10) RUNS Shogun in the greatest resolution available for DX10 and i have no complains for the details.. CA over reacted in the light shadow effects though in ROME II... From the side the units/builldings are torwards to sun every thing looks wonderfull...The shadowish sides though are totaly BLACK!!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

24 hour support.

But jk, the forums are offline for maintenance

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

I Pre-ordered a physical version of this game a month ago, and now when i intend to start a campaign with Sparta i realize that i got only 7 factions, and no email with mny greek code...nothing(..no Pontus no Seleucid...

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

Warriorset's Avatar Miles

Are you working on performance issues as well?

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

A graphic bug. I played on winter map. From some point of view snow lay on shields and sometimes not. Why there is snow on shields? This can be only a bug ...
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Thanks CA for the support, is there any word when Nvidia will be releasing a sli profile for Rome 2?

Please fix the performance issue, it's really bad , probably worst than "missing textures"

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Hi,When i go in the video setting, i don t have the choice "extreme" in texture setting... Only ultra... Is it normal ? I have a 580 gtx for GPU and drivers are ok.

Outlaw's Avatar Ordinarius

Optimize the campaign map too please, it is laggy but the battle map with full stacks isn't for me.

GussieFinkNottle's Avatar Domesticus

how do you 'set your game in windows mode'?
    A home without books is a body without soul - Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you rep me, please leave your name. Thx

Does CA have some definition of 'several' which means 'at least a dozen, just going by threads on TWC alone'?

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Another thing to try is to reinstall directx from the Rome 2 directory. Several people said it didn't look like it installed during the 'first launch' like normal. My rig is solid but my FPS was horrid in battles so I gave it a try and it cleared up my FPS issues right away. Worth a shot anyways.

Alt-tab seems to be killing performance after you re-enter the game. This is what I have gathered from my playing time. It's either that or that the performance degrades the longer you play, which would mean sth like a memory leak is happening, I dono.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The game is A LOT more demanding than Shogun2. I never had any problem with Shogun 2 maxed. I never had my fps drop below 30 no matter how big the battle was. The same for Napoleon and Empire but for Rome 2 is ridiculous. I have like 10frames most of the time. I thought the performance would be the same as Shogun2. I hope this gets fixed.

Yes please!... During the prologue I, in the battle in the outskirts of Capua, in the middle of the battle, I got a red screen + frozen system + noise + reboot!... seems really like graphics problems..... please, don´t screw my battles

i pre ordered my game from amazon, there was a note at the bottom of the page i ordered it from saying (if you pre order this game here you will get the greek city states dlc and pontus dlc. i never got any activation codes for those dlc.. help CA?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast