Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Performance must be adress , fast

Default Re: Performance must be adress , fast

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    Terrible CPU performance, I have a 3570k at 4.2Ghz with 8gb DDR3 1600mhz ram and a GTX 780.
    Getting about 17fps in battles, 60 fps fluid on the campaign on ultra/extreme settings. The CPU is just having a rough day, my GPU is being lazy at 30% activity (it even underclocks the core because Rome 2 is not using it).
    CPU optimizations are needed ASAP.
    That's worrysome, since my specs are close to yours (I have a GTX 760 with 4GB)

So basically, you guys could run Shogun 2 without problems, but Rome 2 is running very slowly?

Great. My copy hasn't arrived yet, but after reading that, I am very concerned how well it'll run on my PC...
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    That's worrysome, since my specs are close to yours (I have a GTX 760 with 4GB)
    I have the following and the performance is a mixed bag at best, i've had to put shadows on low and most other settings on high to get decent framerates especially in melee

i7 2600k (OC to 4.4ghz)
    8gb ram
    GTX 770

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Moved to Tech Forum, please try to put new threads in the correct fora.

Try turning the shadows off completely - I have always found that to give the biggest performance boost in TW games. With my slightly older setup, Shogun 2 didn't run well with any sort of shadows - upon removing them, it ran as smooth as silk. I can forgo shadows until my next upgrade.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Yes, first thing to try is to turn off SSAO and to lower/turn off shadows. Depth of field and vignetting is also not really necessary. The new alpha vegetation is also a luxury for most. Otherwise, lowering unit details a bit seems to help too. I have to test it out myself tonight.

Sorry for the weird and maybe stupid question. But can I run R2TW on Dualcore 1.5ghz with some kind of Intel graphic card(not sure what it is, but it's not a great graphic card) with 2GB RAM in my labtob? I know that the min req are Dualcore 2ghz, but can I play with some 'reasonable' performance in lowest graphic settings?

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Lags for me when I play battles with the Sea. Normal battles are fine. Awful loading times though

My PC is 3 years old - GTX 460

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

Sorry holy crusader I wouldnt count on it. I've got a dual core and a GTX650 OC which served me pretty well on shogun 2 but the performance here is abyssal. Game seems to be extremely CPU intensive.
    Lowering unit detail to low helps a lot and the units still look pretty good on zooming in but once the melee battles start it's unplayable.
    Last edited by Hattori; September 03, 2013 at 07:43 AM.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

Double post. -_-
    Last edited by Maizel; September 03, 2013 at 08:07 AM.

I agree this game has some major issues. 3570 K, granted with a only a modest OC to 4 GHZ. 16GB ram, 2x 670 GTX. Sli doesn't work. Still FPS are playable were it not that the game does a ing minifreeze every minute or so. It's annoying the ing crap out of me. Also, maybe it's just me, but the game does not seem to like being tabbed out. My pc is useless while being tabbed out during R2 play. It's annoying. Shogun ran so much better and stable in every way.

@Maizel
    Mini-freeze is probably due to texture swapping. How much VRAM do u have? Try to lower texture resolution to see if the problem goes away (you can raise it afterwards if you rather want to have nicer textures with a freeze from time to time).

Thought I would just say that, I have lag issues too. I am running a 8120@5GHz 8gig ram and an OCed HD7950. I mainly have problem with the CPU maxing out on the core that are being used. It needs to use more than 2 cores, it is 2013 this is just ridiculous. Shogun used more cores.

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    @MaizelMini-freeze is probably due to texture swapping. How much VRAM do u have? Try to lower texture resolution to see if the problem goes away (you can raise it afterwards if you rather want to have nicer textures with a freeze from time to time).
    2gb. Or rather 1966MB according to the game.But with sli not working it may just be one.Though people I know run it on one 670GTX without any problems with similar settings.This game needs some patching, proper drivres from Nvidia would be nice too. Tried lowering the textures. Little effect.

@MaizelSo it's probably not texture swapping. Will have to check tonight what's up with the game. SLI btw doesn't have any influence on the amount of VRAM, it's always the same as a single card since each card need to render the complete scene (only that one card is rendering frame 1, 3, 5, ... and the other one frame 2, 4, 6, ...).

I'm having the same problem as other people. The game runs terrible, I'm getting 15-20 fps on ultra but even if a lower it to low the fps improves very little. I have a i7-2600 3.40Ghz, 8GB and a GTX580.
    "We will bring Rome to them not because of the strength of our legions, but because we are right"

"The Romans had left marble and stone, brick and glory."

2500k on stock here, decently overclocked 6870, 8 gigs of RAM, on 1680x1050. Averaging somewhere around 20-30 FPS with everything on medium. Setting it to low makes no change in frames. Was able to run Shogun 2 50+ FPS with Darth Mod and huge unit sizes. Disgrace of a game.

2500k on stock here, decently overclocked 6870, 8 gigs of RAM, on 1680x1050. Averaging somewhere around 20-30 FPS with everything on medium. Setting it to low makes no change in frames. Was able to run Shogun 2 50+ FPS with Darth Mod and huge unit sizes. Disgrace of a game.

Hattori's Avatar Citizen

I posted on the other thread but nobody answered. Can anybody tell me how to run this on DX9? I wanted to compare the performance.

Under Patronage of MARCVS

I do not have serious problems in game (ATI 6950) but the PC is very slow if I minimize the game (alt+tab) and to do something else (i5 2500k/16gb ram/SSD). However when I set game run in window mode without change anything else (the same resolution 1920 X 1080 and Extreme settings), the problem is disappeared. I do not know if this will help game performance because as i noted I do not meet serious problems to check it, so I just mention it.
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 03, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123