Thread: CPU usage

Default CPU usage

Because people were discussing it, maybe this is interesting to some.
    Just came out of battle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPU Usage.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	293073
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: CPU usage

Nice in theory but the question is, where did the CPU usage go since performance is even lower than in S2 with worse multicore support, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    Nice in theory but the question is, where did the CPU usage go since performance is even lower than in S2 with worse multicore support, lol.
    yeah. perhaps now we will see the last time warscape is used. (i mean people with titans getting sub 60fps...)

i used the polishing a turd analogy over a yr ago now, maybe this time it will stick!

Still not "full" 4 cores...

Awesome that's great news!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Awesome that's great news!
    Why? Real world performance is much lower than in Shogun 2. Last time CA tried to add more multithreading support, they had a lot of problems gaining any actual performance. Here you can read about it:
    http://software.intel.com/en-us/arti...war-case-study
    As a programmer I can tell you that their lack of experience regarding multi-threading/core optimization was pretty obvious.

It could very well be that their current implementation is pretty inefficient and a lot of the additional core utilization goes into the data management itself (because it's much more complex when multiple threads are used) instead of increased real world performance.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    Because people were discussing it, maybe this is interesting to some.
    Just came out of battle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPU Usage.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	293073
    Same to me. Mine is even better (2nd 3rd and 4th core near 75%). I have a Phenom ii X4 @3.3GHz and a 7790 2 GB.
    But the performance in melee is TOTALLY unbearable, no matter what settings! Way way way worse than Shogun 2 and FotS for me (and S2 had more men per units)
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.