Thread: STARTPOS.ESF Search

Default STARTPOS.ESF Search

Just to say that S2TW editor opens Rome II startpos.esf. It seems that some known modifications work here as well like adding money and such. For PFM see here: http: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-in-pack-files

What I've changed so far:

* Added starting money
    * Unshroud the map
    * Replenish armies/fleets instantly (disasters that decrease armies last for many turns without the ability to react).
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 03, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

izanagi11's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: STARTPOS.ESF Search

Good to know, we dont have to go back to the hex editing those were the days, ugh. Unfortunately I cant touch Rome2 until 10 hrs from now(Work). Abit surprised they havent created all the subfolders for mods yet.
    "The shape of you, the shape of me, the shape of everything I see.."

I can confirm the esf editor brings up some very interesting parameters for Rome 2, check out this picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rtw2 modding.png  

The problem is that the menu for copy, paste, delete is not there. Unless if S2TW editor works... differently (never modded S2TW seriously). Anyway I added some cash in my campaign and I revealed the map (through startpos). However unshrouded map last only for one turn and has to be added again (scripting files probably in packs are not accessed at the moment).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caweewewpture.JPG  
    Last edited by husserlTW; September 03, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Miss the days of just changing a text file and off you go.... Most moddable TW game ever.... heard that claim before.

Plague that decrease armies last for many turns without having anything to do about that except waiting (related technologies that will improve buildings take even longer). So I replenished armies by editing a save (startpos).

what am i looking for when trying to add money totally confused with the file

This is what you are looking for:

Is there a way to change the techs researched on the tech tree either with the startpos
    or a save game file? For example, making the tech tree fully researched at turn 1 for the civ you are playing as? This would be a nice way to play with the later techs/units now without having to hit next turn 100 times.

Why don't my tables look like that? mine is only a few boxes?

Ordinarius

taw where are you? we need a new esf2xml for Rome II

If you managed to reveal campaign map by editing "startpos.esf" file? Can you please tell me where exactly did you find it?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    This is what you are looking for:

How did you get the changes to save? Nevermind, I figured it out. Wow what a useful tool.
    Last edited by Baron von Manteuffel; September 28, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Hello, is there a way to edit the Kings Purse in Rome 2? I found this thread super helpful and was wondering if this was possible. Thanks!

is there a way to un-encrypt the files startup.esf?