Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faster Battles Submod for RS2.6

Default Re: Faster Battles Submod for RS2.6

Sorry, can't figure out how te edit so sorry for the double post.

But never mind my previous question. Managed to download it .

Thanks alot.

any other impressions, if it really works or not?

Works fine for me.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Quote Originally Posted by Primative1 View Post
    Works fine for me.
    how much faster are battles now ? (average)

I also read verdicts which say that this submod works quite the opposite. Of course, I don't believe this.

Quote Originally Posted by Budkyns View Post
    how much faster are battles now ? (average)

I also read verdicts which say that this submod works quite the opposite. Of course, I don't believe this.
    Hmm, not having timed the battles it is a little difficult to say.

I'm playing as Rome on m/m; would guesstimate that a fullstack battle against decent opposition takes around 30 minutes.

Nobody routes easily but they will route eventually, apart from top of the range heavies/elites who fight (almost) to the bitter end.

I have killed ai generals fairly early on in an encounter and still had to butcher most of the army to get them running so its no pushover.

I would say give it a try but save the original file in case you dont like it.

I also read verdicts which say that this submod works quite the opposite.
    This is crap.
    Last edited by Primative1; October 10, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Update link please.
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

Attachment 295729

Is this what you wanted?

My upload doesnt seem to work either, there may be a problem with the site.
    Last edited by Primative1; October 14, 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Trying again...

edit; ok, I cant access the file with firefox but was able to download with internet explorer, so try that.
    Last edited by Primative1; October 14, 2013 at 07:03 AM.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Thank you Tone, it's a blessing. I always wanted fast-paced battles in RS2. I wanted strategy and urgency , not just blobbing your heavy infantry in the enemy's. Also can you make something to improve the weak charge?

Libertus

Hi all,

I think I am gonna appreciate this mod when there is a proper installation guide available....please think of people with NO modding experience, the install guide is very limited... can you please make an example of how we should implement this mod in case of a roman 1-turn mod, and please be specific.

Needs updated link.

Hello,
    I noticed some Problems with the text file for the Roman 0 turn Campaign.
    Im not sure if its just me but there seems to be some errors especially with the ownership of latin medium cavalry.

Some of the rebellions who use this dont have the ownership of the unit therefore it creates a script error

For example: the descr_rebel_factions text file says calabrians use latin medium cavalry while they have no ownership of them.
    I could fix this easily by copying the ownership from the working file into the Higher lethality file.

But there seems to be some other problems which I cant or dont know how to fix

Here's a screenshot of the Information

I tried a couple of reinstallations and patched to 2.6 correctly.

The normal game without this modded file works fine. It appears so far that its only the roman 0 turn campaign file thats causing script errors.

Would be glad if anyone can look into this because I need some faster battles

Cleomenes III's Avatar Civis

What's the difference between 'default' and 'higher lethality'?

Ego sum Attila flagellum Dei

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomenes III View Post
    What's the difference between 'default' and 'higher lethality'?
    its suposed to make battles faster, but stil takes like 30 minutes in 1 battle, 1 unit takes forever to die

I feel that the battles are still quite long. I have to speed the game up a lot, but it loses all the fun in them, I wana see people sliced in normal speed but fast like in real life. It takes still too long to kill a weak unit without no armor stronger unit.

Laetus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Doesn't work. Whatever I overwrite, unit values stay the same.

Yeah this doesnt exactly work. I played quite a bit with this and it doesnt seem to have any effect. I also dont notice many changes to the stats compared to default.

There seem to be cases where certain units fight longer or just default speed.

Currently testing a default settings campaign and it seems to have the same speed.

I wanted to make my own 'faster battles' changes but completely messed up the file. Is there a program that can do this or do you have to manually change the stats of every unit's lethality?

The changes this makes are minimal. Don't expect much faster battles, I would say about 5% faster at most.

The way to get a good result is go to your export_descr_unit file and edit them yourself to suit your needs. For example, I am playing a sparta campaign and changed the morale of all units to -6 plus increased their lethality by 0.5. Battles are way faster and more fun now (and realistic), but the AI looks more stupid because it is punished for sending 1 unit at you each time since they route and are killed faster. Still better than 1 hour battles.

Oh if anyone wishes to edit this themselves, you need to edit 2 things:

1) For morale, go to stat_mental. After that there is a number, you can lower it as much as you want.

2) For lethality, there are 2 things. Primary weapon and Secondary weapon, which are: stat_pri and stat_sec. You need to edit the last value in this row. For example you may change 0.579 to 0.979 to add 0.4 lethality, or 1 to 0.5 to decrease it by 0.5.

PrinceofPersia's Avatar Tiro

Is this compatible with 3.1?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12