Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 500 people are already playing Rome II

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 500 people are already playing Rome II

damn it, I want a preview copy too
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Payai Dunai's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoman View Post
    suprised its not like twice that many considering all the reviewers and staff and others at Sega
    Maybe Sega did something recently to drive people away from covering the game.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Indefinitely Banned

Those 500 are the beta testers.

More likely it's testers/reviewers imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisfv View Post
    What's the obsession with being first? People at CA have been playing for quite a while. No one outside CA will be first. And how childish is it to saw that the law required equality, so you should get to play the game. I can't afford an Aston Martin, does that mean no one can have one because then we're not equal?
    You're joking but I think a lot of these mouthbreathing whiners would actually ban nice things unless they are given one for free.

Ballacraine's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by omzdog View Post
    No, the game still has to be distributed physically.
    Traditional development still exists in this franchise.
    I realise that, but it is not the biggy it once was because of the ease of patching & updating.

Balla.
    In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -Concrete- View Post
    More likely it's testers/reviewers imo.
    Not trying to be a smarty pants but I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I know a thing or two about the gaming industry () and the few days preceding the release are when they release games on steam to a select (usually 500) few people for beta testing.

What I am personally afraid of regarding the no Beta / Demo release of Rome II is that when we get the game it will be full of bugs and problems. Similar scenario we had with ETW, NTW, S2TW. Unless ( because its the same engine ) developers worked hard to optimise the work of the game on all stages of development we might get a buggy release. Hopefully not...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus041 View Post
    Not trying to be a smarty pants but I'm pretty sure you're wrong. I know a thing or two about the gaming industry () and the few days preceding the release are when they release games on steam to a select (usually 500) few people for beta testing.
    .....so testers?

Indefinitely Banned

Yeah

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Bulè

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus041 View Post
    Of course they do, no big secret, nor should it be a shock. A game is about to be released over a digital platform. They need to actually make sure everything is working so they have people running through the entire lock process.

Baleur's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by davieholgate View Post
    Yes, it is akward how 0.9% have played FIFTY multiplayer battles, and 1.9% have killed 100,000 enemies.
    They probably havent, i'm pretty sure some devs can just "cheat" to trigger the ingame triggers that unlock the achievements, just to check that they work as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    What I am personally afraid of regarding the no Beta / Demo release of Rome II is that when we get the game it will be full of bugs and problems. Similar scenario we had with ETW, NTW, S2TW. Unless ( because its the same engine ) developers worked hard to optimise the work of the game on all stages of development we might get a buggy release. Hopefully not...
    NTW was full of bugs and problems? In my experience it was the most smooth TW release to date. Ran great, played great. From day 1.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123