Thread: RS 2.6 - MP Balance

Default RS 2.6 - MP Balance

So now with the new version out, I was curious about the MP aspect. How much play testing has been done for MP custom battles? Also any recommendations on money, house rules, etc?

Default Re: RS 2.6 - MP Balance

Hmm...

:crickets:

Well, I for one would like to play more MP battles with others on a semi regular basis. And I really feel like RSII is the best mod for MP of all them that I have tested.
    It seems like here and over at The Org there is one seasonal tournament and that's a out it, eh? Why the lack of regular play? All of the MP guys move on to the other titles like S2?

Who here would be interested in a once a month or perhaps quarterly tournament? It wouldn't have to be anything big or elaborate, more of an excuse to test one's mettle against another. As iron sharpens iron, so one man does another.

Risasi, I was playing with a few folks through Evolve a while back. Not sure if that is still up to date but I'd be glad to do some multi every now and then.

Anyone with any insight on the Evolve network? is it still up?

Which is the latest EDU for 2.6? lol

So if people are using custom EDU's that is a pretty good indicator that it's a little unbalanced. That is unfortunate to hear. I played a game last week with Stormrage. Of course getting beat handily. I also discovered my two year old install was goobered up pretty good. Probably a no-cd patch I was running but I'm not entirely sure as I'd tweaked a lot of other files due to the elephant fiasco in version 2.5

But I think I have it resolved now with a clean install of vanilla and BI, RS 2.5 and then patched to 2.6 and running with the CD in the drive.

Regardless I would like to play more MP battles.

The EDU's we were using right before the tournament were "officially" released by mod team members. Anyway I am down to play, back on evolve and looking out for visitors!

I will get evolve installed, I'll go read about it now.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sorry for late reply, but 2.6 EDU can pretty much be considered a finished product, so I have seen little need to update further or visit this forum section to give more support. The MP mode was designed with balance as it's main objective, as much as is possible with 21 factions in play and without losing touch with the mother mod that is.

It goes without saying that you wouldn't expect to find much players around nowadays, one must simply accept that RTW is more or less abandoned. Back in 2010 things were a lot different of course.
    Last edited by |Sith|Galvanized Iron; February 20, 2014 at 04:34 PM.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!