Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Released Submod] Wrath of The North[Patched]

Default [Released Submod] Wrath of The North[Patched]

The concept is pretty easy, Wrath of The North (temporary name) takes place around 20 years before A Game of Thrones around the time before Roberts Rebellion. This means that major Characters like Eddard Stark (and brothers and sisters) are still alive and teenagers. The map features only The North and some surroundings (The Neck, Three Sisters, Northern coast of The vale).

As usual in these lore-breaking scenarios you have to put a lot of energy on creating a somewhat realistic scenario, so far I have decided that it is another classic Stark/Bolton feud were House Bolton have secured an alliance with House Ryswell and mean to fight the Starks of Winterfell for the dominion of The North.

Playable Factions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    House Stark
    House Bolton
    House Umber
    House Ryswell
    House Reed
    House Manderly
    Nights Watch
    Free Folk
    Northern Lords of the Vale

Credits: (I believe I changed almost everything but very possible I missed something so best to credit on the original and add a few more)
    Dux and the KORAH team for you awesome UI (unit cards, faction symbols, buildings UI, skins etc).
    Badger Dude for simular content from Fire and Blood.
    Total War Center's mod workshop section for awesome tutorials.
    Gigantus for his tutorials about creating maps from scratch and the geomod manual.
    Prophet1331 for his cool new skins (all the new factions)
    Westeros Total War Hotseat-section!
    Westeros Total War 1.0 Team!
    Korpsog for the idea and all the ground work and great map

Download Link:
    http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-...h-of-the-north

Install Instructions:

Download and extract to sega/midieval/mods/wrathofthenorth folder. As almost every file has been altered from the original so whenever a popup asks what to do with a duplicate file click on move/replace

EDIT:Sorry I completely made an idiotic error when I uploaded the fold and explained where to install the program. I already had it zipped into it's own folder so no need to make a folder for first time users just extract it to sega/midieval/mods and the file name as downloaded will be WOTN, for installers who already have the previous version you can follow the previous extract or open two separate windows of sega/midieval/mods on one and on the other open sega/midieval/mods/WOTN and select all files in there and drag them to WrathOfTheNorth. As I have what I uploaded in it's own file the exe. cannot find it. Very sorry about this oversight and I'll try to correct it.First time I've uploaded something I worked on. Hopefully I'll be better next time I try and mod something.

P.S. I forgot to set up a desktop link in the folder so if you want it on your desktop right click on the executable file and create shortcut and drag it to your desktop. Also didn't tag a icon for the exe. so if you want that you'll need to find one that best suits your desires.

Unfortunately I still have a ctd when you try to fight a battle in the Karhold province. I'm having issues tracking it down so until I do the best way to avoid is to autoresolve even though that's set up to be a fun early battle. As soon as I find the issue I'll upload a patch to correct it with a few other fun things.

Patch
    http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-...wotn-3rd-patch
    download and extract to sega/midieval/mods/wrathofthenorth/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. It replaces the existing campaign script.

BETA RELEASED! (28/12/2013)

Hello there!

So basicly I was sitting for 3 hours strait and coding for Essos Total War when I suffered a fatal CTD without making backup saves for the work I did. Instead of redoing it I started working on a new project just for fun, however it did not take long before I got to attached to it...

The concept is pretty easy, Wrath of The North (temporary name) takes place around 20 years before A Game of Thrones around the time before Roberts Rebellion. This means that major Characters like Eddard Stark (and brothers and sisters) are still alive and teenagers. The map features only The North and some surroundings (The Neck, Three Sisters, Northern coast of The vale).

As usual in these lore-breaking scenarios you have to put a lot of energy on creating a somewhat realistic scenario, so far I have decided that it is another classic Stark/Bolton feud were House Bolton have secured an alliance with House Ryswell and mean to fight the Starks of Winterfell for the dominion of The North.

Playable factions so far:
    House Stark of Winterfell
    House Bolton of The Dreadfort
    House Manderly of White Harbor
    House Ryswell of The Rills
    House Reed of Greywater Watch
    House Umber of Last Hearth

Playable factions for future versions:
    The Nights Watch
    The Free Folk
    Lords of The Three Sisters & Northern Vale Lords
    Skagosi Clans

Credits: (If anybody feels forgotten please contact me ASAP)
    Dux and the KORAH team for you awesome UI (unit cards, faction symbols, buildings UI, skins etc).
    Badger Dude for simular content from Fire and Blood.
    Total War Center's mod workshop section for awesome tutorials.
    Gigantus for his tutorials about creating maps from scratch and the geomod manual.
    Prophet1331 for his cool new skins (all the new factions)
    Westeros Total War Hotseat-section!
    Westeros Total War 1.0 Team!

Link:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2013-08-28 21-29-43-16.jpeg   kingdoms 2013-08-28 21-30-09-82.jpeg   kingdoms 2013-08-28 21-30-28-20.jpeg   kingdoms 2013-08-28 21-31-01-85.jpeg   kingdoms 2013-08-28 21-31-46-02.jpeg  

kingdoms 2013-08-28 21-32-17-19.jpeg  
    Last edited by leadhead; August 03, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

Default Re: [Announcement] Wrath of The North (New Submod)

YES!!!!!!!! I can't believe someone is actually making this mod. I kid you not i've been dying for something like this to come along my friend.

Another chance to kick the out of bolton is what i've been dreaming off!!

I have a bunch of ideas of how to make this a great mod

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks!

The idea of going to war with young Eddard, Benjen, Brandon, Jorah, GreatJon, Roos, Wyman (before he is to fat), Howland Reed, The Ryswell brothers etc! Could be epic if it is developed right!
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Your very welcome!

I'm afraid I wasn't able to assist you before a couple weeks ago on your Essos Project(lack of time) but I do belief I could be of much assistance on this sub mod. I'm far more knowledgeable on Northern history than Essos history/lore

I already have a few script and scenario ideas that could be implemented to make this a great sub mod.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well that's me lost any interest in my mod!!!
    Looks brilliant and we can only expect great quality from the likes I you!

Nitehawk's Avatar Libertus

This is a great bit of flavor and a nice difference from the usual full westeros, i do not know a whole lot about lore but i have been thinking a lot about adding a Reed faction to the fire and blood mod i was thinking about importing and using the welsh units and file from the British campaign as they have strong archers with the rather cool pike defense against horses.

So Korps are you going to need skinners for those new houses like I said?

Welsh Spearmen and Irish Kerns are being used as Crannogmen for now as suggested!

And yes the new factions will have to be skinned, however that depends on finding a good skinner!

Nitehawk's Avatar Libertus

yay the top tier archers is how i have always imagined the reeds.

I always wanted to make something that was just the entire North, sadly i have NO mapping experience and even less free time. I'm looking forward to this!

Think of the endless possibility for scenarios in The North. The Long Night with a White Walker faction as the First Men try to survive, Bolton Rebellion from Rivers&Hills on a larger scale, Stannis at The Wall, Rickon Stark trying to reclaim The North. I am drooling at the possibility's, shame i'll never have the time to actually do them. Have some Rep!, i never give out Rep so that should prove how happy i am somebody is doing this.

Looks awesome mate will give this are try once you get it to a playable level. Long live house Stark Also you start working on the code you were working on essos?
    Do give up on your mod stannis your mod is awesome as well.

More awesome let's plays for you play with on your youtube channel soul.
    Last edited by Ichigorukia; August 28, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do give up on your mod stannis
    Ichigorukia - I hope that was a mistake!

Yes sorry mate it was it was early in the morning here in Australia I think you should not give up no your mod.
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Ice Eyes's Avatar King of Winter

Can't wait for it to be released +rep

If you are cutting the map off at the North Coast of the Vale, does this mean the South West corner of the map will be the Greyjoys?

Nope! Cape Kraken (were Flint's Finger is) will be the most southern landmass in the west part of the map. The Vale is only The Fingers and the mountainroad that leads to The Twins (not on map).

LeicsFox's Avatar Tiro

Looks Good
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Judging by my name, I think you know I am excited for this .

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Will Domeric Bolton be presented in this mod?

He died in 297 so he should be a boy at least...
    Last edited by Riverknight; August 30, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

Uriyaca's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wow, the maps looks awesome and are those SS settlement models? (for what I noticed so far SS wooden castles, SS Huge cities, SS castle models)
    In any way although no-realistic I can find this mod to be fun . Looking forward to the release to check it out

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast