Thread: RTR:AE with Tree mod

Default RTR:AE with Tree mod

Tree mod
    Increaces Attack and Moral values
    Balances cavalry, missile units die fast in combat, heavy cavalry pack a heavier punch
    Chariots cause massive damage on impact, but die quickly if left in combat, used baest on weakened units
    Re-balanced factions. Macedon stays put, Illyria/Seleucia not wiped out. Ptolematics won't blitz Seleucia. Parthia eventualy replaces Seleucia. Carthage expands into Iberia (sadly at the loss of Numidia reletivly early)

With the 1.5 exe. version this allows for the battlfield to become a charnel house, watch as your warriors hack through a pike formation before tearing it from the inside, even as many die to razor-sharp spear-tips. Last stands becoem more common, watch in despair as the enemy withdraw, one resilient unit stopping a massacre.
    Cavalry will destroy any lonely unit, but charge a dense formation and they will be wiped out in masses.
    This changed battle leads to more losses to the victory, leading to pyrrhic victories if you're not careful, this makes it that much more difficult for the player
    Also includes 0 unit build times, but higher upkeep costs, so you can raise an army quickly, but if its too large you will be bankrupted by it, manage your resorces!

EDU file, copy to your data folder and overwrite original (make backup first!)
    http://files.filefront.com//;5487408;;/

Default Re: RTR:AE with Tree mod

We'll see :tooth:

CLICK THE SIG !!! ANCIENT EMPIRES ELYSIUM MOD FOR RTW BI. WAY TO THE THRONE MOD FOR MTW2

Default Re: RTR:AE with Tree mod

I've been testing it, but I've concentrated on Roman campains and -ai (meaning you can follow process without player intervention for quite a while seeing how things are balanced). Its quite a bit more difficult to expand when you're army is limited to one half stack at first, and still just two full stacks once you have secured italy (as I found when southern italy was conquered by Carthage after I lost 4,000 men in a battle against rebels!)

I'm not sure how the other factions handle, any comments would be helpful

If someone could sent me the RTRE EDU it would be great, Tree mod is applicable to that but I lost the file myself

Ooops, the link I put up was unmodded RTR:AE, it should be fixed soon
    Ok, the link has been replaced